Become a Patron!

Is my new Sigelei 75w TC not authentic?

Just got it in the mail, bought off amazon. Should there be an authentication code somewhere on the packaging to check on the sig website? Also, just threw an atty on it, kanthal build, and in temp mode-it fires. Thought it would only fire with a nickel build in temp mode....

Also-no battery in it-I hold down the fire button forever, like to get it to say what chip it has in it, and nothing comes up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got it in the mail, bought off amazon. Should there be an authentication code somewhere on the packaging to check on the sig website? Also, just threw an atty on it, kanthal build, and in temp mode-it fires. Thought it would only fire with a nickel build in temp mode....

Also-no battery in it-I hold down the fire button forever, like to get it to say what chip it has in it, and nothing comes up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Awesome reviewer check out his video on it

His shows the chip make/model or whatever it is when you hold down the button with no batt in....kinda why I'm thinking mine isnt legit

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
His shows the chip make/model or whatever it is when you hold down the button with no batt in....kinda why I'm thinking mine isnt legit
your doing it wrong,
take the battery out then hold the power button down and reinsert battery

Ah hah! Good looking out Maverik....apparently I missed him pushing it back in, all 4 times I watched it before asking here. Thanks!

I'm still a bit curious as to why it fires in TC mode with a non nickel or Ti coil in. Weird

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not a Yihi chip. Its a Snowwolf chip

I'm tracking. I guess in the manual where it stated "temp will only work when using pure nickel wires" I assumed it wouldn't fire at all. It does fire, but isnt regulated to be at the temperature you've selected, or something along those lines.

Either way, it will be a moot point as soon as I wrap me up some nickel coils!

Reactions: Jah

VU Sponsors