Become a Patron!

Is my RDA done?

first off i have a drop rda and a alien 220w for my setup

So this afternoon i was vaping, went to redrip, wanted to drip all over the cotton so i took off the sleeve and top cap of the rda and dripped on my cotton. After that, i put my sleeve and top cap back on a tried to fire, noticing i didnt get a hit, i looked down at my mod to it displaying 0.01 ohms and a ohm too low error?? i took the whole thing apart cleaned it out, put new coils in, clipped leads, made sure no wire was touching or too close to any posts, or the deck. I then looked at the ohms which went back to my normal ohms (.3) then i went to dry fire to test how it was heating up. It heated up, made a little puff of smoke off the coils, then it stopped firing again. I looked down at my ohms again and now its displaying 0.01 ohms and the error again. Tried to fix it again like last time, but now its displaying 0.64 ohms without any coils in??? Is my rda fried??? ive also tried all that with my ohm reader with the same results.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a Mod issue, not an RDA problem...IF your coils are supposedly good, 510 pin is good and tight, etc.

There are no clone Drop rda's (yet) I'm aware of.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I was thinking that too, that you should try it on a different mod, because it sounds like a mod issue to me too.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried to tighten the 510 pin at the bottom of the atty?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes just tried tightening now reading 0.04 ohms?
I'd take the entire atty apart...clean everything...you may have a sliver of metal in there touching something. Meaning, remove the 510, positive post, et al.....then put it back together after thoroughly cleaned.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know what else you could do than. Buy a new atty, they're cheap.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Huh, any suggestions?
How long have you had the rda?....can you return it?

Or, perhaps let someone else fuck with it first, see if they can make it work.

You removed the 510 pin, peek insulator, everything taken apart?

How long have you had the rda?....can you return it?

Or, perhaps let someone else fuck with it first, see if they can make it work.

You removed the 510 pin, peek insulator, everything taken apart?
got it on January 24th, 2018, ill look into returns in a bit. would you know how to remove the peek insulator ?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
got it on January 24th, 2018, ill look into returns in a bit. would you know how to remove the peek insulator ?
If you remove the 510 pin at the bottom of the atty....the entire positive post comes apart....the insulator could be toast.

Apparently you didn't have the entire atty torn apart like you mentioned above.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Were you using a different coil for all these tests you've done?

All it takes is a tiny piece of 40 ga wire touching to short the atty.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Were you using a different coil for all these tests you've done?

All it takes is a tiny piece of 40 ga wire touching to short the atty.

That darn 40 ga wire is a pain in the nuts, too. It frustrates me good in trying to use it for Clapton wrap. Though, I did manage to use it well on 30 ga today. Think I may need to go that route instead of say 28/26/24 ga. Bigger gauges wire tend to snap tiny 40 gauge like sewing thread.

VU Sponsors