Become a Patron!

Is RTA's same as RDA but allows you to hold more juice instead of dripping?

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I want to start dripping and I think I'm going to buy the clone RDA velocity but I am a little nervous about having to put coils and cotton and myself. Is the RTA the same as a RDA just that it holds more juice and you don't have to drip Ijuw's on every time you take a hit? As A newbie would you recommend the RTA or the RDA to go on top of my new Wismec RX 200? I'm a flavor chaser don't really care for the big clouds. Please give me some suggestions on good RTA's and RDAs and please let me know if they are RDA or RTA's. Thanks all. And if you have any of either and want to throw one my way that would be awesome too. I would in turn send you some juice or $ and I know this is not a PIF topic just throwing it out there cause I'm new and this forum is awesome and I've meet some great people on here who have helped me in my new Hobby I mean lifestyle. Love vaping and have been cig free for 9 days. Thanks again all.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to start dripping and I think I'm going to buy the clone RDA velocity but I am a little nervous about having to put coils and cotton and myself. Is the RTA the same as a RDA just that it holds more juice and you don't have to drip Ijuw's on every time you take a hit? As A newbie would you recommend the RTA or the RDA to go on top of my new Wismec RX 200? I'm a flavor chaser don't really care for the big clouds. Please give me some suggestions on good RTA's and RDAs and please let me know if they are RDA or RTA's. Thanks all. And if you have any of either and want to throw one my way that would be awesome too. I would in turn send you some juice or $ and I know this is not a PIF topic just throwing it out there cause I'm new and this forum is awesome and I've meet some great people on here who have helped me in my new Hobby I mean lifestyle. Love vaping and have been cig free for 9 days. Thanks again all.
RDA REBUILDABLE DRIPPING ATOMIZER
YOU can buy pre made coils @raymo2u
Insert a cotton, drip ur juice and you good to go

RTA
REBUILDABLE TANK ATOMIZER
Its a TANK
YOU have to build ur deck, just like the RDA
Fill it with juice , no dripping needed...
This is more advance area over here...
Goodluck

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
just to keep it interesting, there is also an RDTA designation (lol) - rebuildable dripping tank atomizer - fill like a tank, but it feeds to the coils more like a dripper - another member here, @roxynoodle designed one called the boreas that is exceptional - highly recommend - velocity style deck, lots of room inside to build, amazing flavor

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A+ on the Boreas

RTAs do require a lot more skill and tinkering to master than a dripper IME

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
What type of power do you want to vape at? Are you a mouth to lung or direct lung hitter?

These questions will help us in recommending rebuildable attys for you. Both Boreas and Merlin were designed to be easy to coil and wick.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey, I hear you about the whole getting into the rda and rebuild thing being a bit scary. I too had thought of it as some wild beast that required a degree in rocket science. Found out though it is anything but that.

One thing which helped me is a buddy named Russ. He uses the handle Super X Drifter. You can check out some of his videos https://www.youtube.com/user/sxmxdrifter which offer very clear instructions. He doesn't fool much on the issue of clouds or flavor, being about middle of the road. He also does not present the tutorials in away that seems to belittle anyone. Russ talks clearly, slowly so you can understand what's going on.

You will want to get an ohm meter, preferably one separate from a mod. I build the rda decks install the coils while the deck sits in the meter. This way I can get a good idea what the coils read before putting them on a mod. A good range I find to stick in is 0.6 to 1.8 ohm. You'll soon find though you can sub ohm easily enough. What you need to keep in mind is battery safety. A buddy with the handle sonicbomb offers a good posting about it. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/battery-safety.7565/ Read the posting and follow the links, read some more.

Once you get a grasp on the basics you'll be alright with a Velocity, or Velocity styled deck. They are easy to build on. TEMCo sells Kanthal A-1 resistance wire at a fairly affordable price.

VAPING SUPPLIES - WHERE TO BUY

BATTERIES

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are
many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery
suppliers in the US.

RTD Vapor < http://www.rtdvapor.com/ >
Illumination Supply < http://www.illumn.com/ >
Orbtronics < http://www.orbtronic.com/>
IMR Batteries < https://www.imrbatteries.com/ >
Liion Wholesale < http://liionwholesale.com/ >

RESISTANCE WIRE

Buy quality resistance wire from reputable supplier/s only.

TEMCo Tower Electronics Manufacturing Company

Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire

Start with 28 gauge. It works fairly easy. :)

Look up Vapor Whale as a good online vendor for hardware. You may also want to look up Discount Vapers, Mt. Baker Vapor, Vapor 4 Life.
These are some good moderate priced vendors. You should be able to find a good path from here. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What type of power do you want to vape at? Are you a mouth to lung or direct lung hitter?

These questions will help us in recommending rebuildable attys for you. Both Boreas and Merlin were designed to be easy to coil and wick.

Yes, the Boreas is quite a good looking deck. I am not wanting to keep into tanks, personal preference. It is a Velocity style deck if I'm recalling the images of it correctly. :) I would suggest this one and have.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both RTA and RDA are rebuildables. Main differences are
1. Dripping ....like you mentioned.
2. Airflow...RTAs generally have a more restricted airflow because of the chimney diameter. That is changing a bit now as some tank styles have big chimneys and some have the deck above the tank so don't have a chimney.
3. Build space...RDAs have more variation in build decks than RTAs currently do.
There is a wide variety of both types of atomiser and you can easily buy pre-made coils to suit them i.e. https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10015640/2963505-kanthal-a1-pre-coiled-wires-for-rebuildable or make your own. You will have to wick them although some are around with wicks included you just have to trim and mount the coils.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok WOW! I can't thank you all enough really I think I'm going RDA. Since I'm a newbie. It all started like this. I have a Dovpo E-LVT30 w mod. With manger sub mini. I'm all about flavor and was getting bad hits. So someone said I was using wrong coil. I put in a 1.2 and wow big difference then I switched juices to Doused-the drank super yummy. Not sure of VG/PG but thick. Then it was making for drying out coil. So I would have to unscrew cap and prime the coil after every 10-15 hits. I thought I was dripping lol. Then gape shop said you need this tank but it won't work on 30w mod. So I ordered Wismec Rx-200. Sweet price of 39.99 new. Now waiting on that. I ordered 6 LG HG2 batteries and a Nite ore i4 charger. Waiting on that too. Now I'm just trying to figure out what to put on top. I think I'm going RDA cause when I would drip or prime my coil on my sub mini I had sweet taste and loved it. I'm a mouth to lung hitter. Now I'm at 14 watts and not sure the resistance or ohm or anything else lol. I did see Mike capes you tube on the Tobeco Velocity and I want to get that. Seems simple enough. I've learned so much on this forum in past 10 days and meet awesome people I truly cannot that you all enough. That being said I don't want to ask or beg or be a pain in well you know. So if anyone has any RDA's they don't like or are on the back shelf and want to get rid of them please send my way. I could pay for them or give some liquid or I'm sure we could come up with something. Thanks for all the replies I am going to check them out. Thanks again.
Rich ---- Marine3313

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're probably not going to like mouth to lung'ing an rda. Sub tanks and rda's are primarily direct lung devices.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got to learn the ways to hit my mods. I don't really know how I hit this Dovpo. I guess I vape into mouth then inhale. Just more videos I'll have to watch. I have changed my kanger sub mini coil to the one you have to wick your self. So far awesome flavor. Mm just bought some stuff from another member like the Goliath v2 and Hercules plus to go in my new Wismec rx200. Can't wait.

VU Sponsors