Become a Patron!

Is the 4nine clone any good?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all
My niece is looking at the 18650 copper 4nine clone as an upgrade from her spinner...she can't afford a high end mod like the XXIX, and asked me about the 4nine..I've never owned one but I've heard stories about the switch/magnets being a problem..what do you guys think? Is it worth her giving it a shot?
Appreciate the help on her making a purchase or not...thx

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Depends on where you get it.. i've gotten 2 4nine clones where the magnets sucked and stopped working a few days after use.. Just be careful about that aspect.. if the magnets fail - the thing is useless. Luckily I didn't spend too much $ on them..

I would suggest the Stingray X clone - its roughly the same size with the hybrid adapter and hits pretty damn hard - I paid $35 from focalecig and got it within a few days.. Still use it and haven't had a single issue with it.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on where you get it.. i've gotten 2 4nine clones where the magnets sucked and stopped working a few days after use.. Just be careful about that aspect.. if the magnets fail - the thing is useless. Luckily I didn't spend too much $ on them..

I would suggest the Stingray X clone - its roughly the same size with the hybrid adapter and hits pretty damn hard - I paid $35 from focalecig and got it within a few days.. Still use it and haven't had a single issue with it.
Does that stingray have a recessed button? Will like to stay away from those pain-the-butt locking rings..thx

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does that stingray have a recessed button? Will like to stay away from those pain-the-butt locking rings..thx

ahh yea i know what you mean.. no.. it does have a locking ring. I like the locking ring for security knowing that it won't fire - especially when I have the thing in my pockets.. just peace of mind :)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have heard the FT clones are pretty well made.. but I assume you don't want to wait a century to get it lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have heard the FT clones are pretty well made.. but I assume you don't want to wait a century to get it lol
Very true..the local B&M vape shop has both the 4nine and stingray clones (+a few others) in stock for $49..looking for something with a recessed button ..gotta do some more research I guess..lol

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very true..the local B&M vape shop has both the 4nine and stingray clones (+a few others) in stock for $49..looking for something with a recessed button ..gotta do some more research I guess..lol

yea - it may not be a good step up from a spinner to start out... if she doesn't have an atty with adjustable 510 pin and it doesn't make direct contact w the battery - it will cause a short and she could run into issues.. fry her battery, burn herself etc.. I've done it on my stingray just being tired and not paying attention..

I would suggest getting something else first.. then move up to a direct battery contact type mod.. i'm sure someone will jump in and list some other mods that have recessed buttons..

good luck either way :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yea - it may not be a good step up from a spinner to start out... if she doesn't have an atty with adjustable 510 pin and it doesn't make direct contact w the battery - it will cause a short and she could run into issues.. fry her battery, burn herself etc.. I've done it on my stingray just being tired and not paying attention..

I would suggest getting something else first.. then move up to a direct battery contact type mod.. i'm sure someone will jump in and list some other mods that have recessed buttons..

good luck either way :)
Thanks,
I personally have a couple RDA's with protruding pins I could let her have that I use on my BFM, that also has the hybrid top cap..I also have a couple R91/Kayfun RTA's with adj pins she could use if she wants a tank... (Of course I would build them for her, first lol)
She liked dripping on my BFM/Zenith so much all she talks about is upgrading to a mech mod, me building an RDA so she can drip and blow some decent clouds..be a big difference from the little spinner and protank she has used last 3 mos to quit smoking those nasty cigs..
Will see how it goes in me recommending a mod for her..personally I don't do clones, but I think there are some good ones out there, I don't know for sure, as I've never owned one..but appreciate the help..thx!

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My next mech mod with most likely be a mutant in 26650. (clone of coarse).

I have found them on Ebay for under 30 bucks ship included. I am not really impressed with an 18650, after using a 26650.
I'm a copper fan too.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does that mutant have a recessed button?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright! Sounds like I'll be taking a good look at the Mutant for sure! Thanks for the info!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My 4nine clone is perfect, but I do NOT use it in reverse polarity mode.
ruHKcn1.png

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why would anybody want to run it in reverse polarity anyway?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Why would anybody want to run it in reverse polarity anyway?

To keep it from auto firing at angles greater than 90 degrees. Or from auto firing when in a pocket or purse.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK thanks.. With all I'm learning about the 4nine the less I like it..
Leaning towards the Mutant as it seems to meet my requirements..would really like to get the all copper XXIX but can't afford it at this time..thx for the info

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The XXIX is another that I own and love. Beware the lack of insulator in the hybrid top. Fire it without an atomiser and vent goes the battery.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Copy that..I have the BFM already..just looking at what I can help my niece get for a quality upgrade..just can't afford another BCV mod with kids and Christmas coming this month..I too love my BCV BFM.. a little pricey for us (but worth it) at this time...
4ca9cde997c0992851e3543e4812952f.jpg

Kenneth98

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The XXIX is beautiful use 18650 battery . The 4nine is not good for me .

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a 4nine clone, if you keep the contacts clean and polished, it hits like a champ with a copper Tobh Clone. Mine is an all Fasttech setup in copper, and for the price, it was a great deal, less than $30 with the Tobh Clone.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I use my 4nine and 29 for my gennies

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm bias to nemesis with a hybrid cap, but if someone offers me a free 4nine, I would take it in a second. I like em.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fasttech has affordable XXIX's. I'm considering the ss set.
You mean the Chinese has cloned the Bay City Vapor model XXIX (29)?? Wow!
I wonder how good their machining is compared to the authentic from BCV..also I bet they use copper plated brass tubes and other quality cutting tricks like replacing the authentic magnetic switch with a spring.. .will research and learn more about what's up with these xxix clones from China...thx for the post..

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine is 1:1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a good brother as he just told me he sent me an authentic Bay City Vapor all copper XXIX (29) for an early Christmas present....should be here in a few days... It will go good with my authentic 26650 BFM.. don't have to deal with a 18650 clone made in China now..lol

Last edited:

VU Sponsors