Become a Patron!

is there a difference between 18650a and 18650b batteries

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have no clue but a quick search turned up flashlight forums, that might not be a good sign

Well I do know all the 18650's (a,b,etc.) are used for different devices, like flashlights, radio's, laptops. I just want to make sure I dont put these is my mod and it blows up or the batteries get hot and melt the box or something like that.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, even a close up pic would be helpful.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could be grades or "bins" of batteries. If you are running a God Mod 180, use Sony VTC4's, VTC5's or LGHE4, LG HG2's, or Samsung 25R's.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's the manufacturers model name for the battery. That one is a 5 amp battery CDR, not suitable for vaping at all. use Sony VTC4's, VTC5's or LGHE4, LG HG2's, or Samsung 25R's.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From what I've seen online, I wouldn't use these for vaping since it looks like they are only rated for 5A.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wouldn't use them for a teddy ruxpin.

my list would mirror those of @zamaxam
just save yourself and your money

I just ordered the samsung 25r's and the site guarantees there real. They were cheaper with three day shipping the the other ones i bought lol thank you everybody

Awesome, good to hear, i get them in three days and i will let you guys know how they work, i emailed the guy i got the first ones from and told him they don't hold a charge, which is true, i hopefully i get a refund

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
is there a difference between 18650a and 18650b batteries. I have a god 180 and dont want to blow myself up

I hope you got lucky and got one of the 180's without defects.

From what I understand, the only way to be sure you won't blow yourself up is NOT to install batteries in them:poop:

VU Sponsors