Become a Patron!

Is there a drip tip insulated with water?

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Figured you'd be able to freeze the drip tip if it was insulated with water to create a cooler inhale for a good twenty minutes or so. Buy ten or so for all day cool smooth vaping. If there's nothing like this, then I shall finish making my prototype, purchase a patent, and the rest shall be history. :)

This would also keep the drip tip's rubber gasket shrunk so it doesn't come too loose to the point where your drip tip won't fit.. having this problem currently.

Anyway thanks for the info in advance!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
To the best of my knowledge no such thing exist.

But there are ceramic and glass drip tips that act as a thermal barrier to keep the heat generated by your coils from reaching your lips.

Or you could just get a VW/TC mod and control the temp of your coils that way.

jte12345

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds interesting...I'd probably buy one just to check it out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While we are doing that I'll post this for reference
Rules:

Be an Adult! (and yes, that means members are 18+, no exceptions)

1. No Drug/Dry Herb related pics, videos, posts, or Drug/Dry Herb references in comments please.

2. No racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist terms will be tolerated.

3. Only one user membership per person.

4. No posting of nudity pictures- Removals/warnings will be up to the Staff/Admin to determine

5. No Raffles are to be sold for profit or otherwise. Contact a Admin about legal Charity raffles.

ADDED: 6/29/15:

6: No pictures or videos of TRUE violence against people or animals.

Moderators are monitoring the forum at all times.

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
While we are doing that I'll post this for reference
Rules:

Be an Adult! (and yes, that means members are 18+, no exceptions)

1. No Drug/Dry Herb related pics, videos, posts, or Drug/Dry Herb references in comments please.

2. No racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist terms will be tolerated.

3. Only one user membership per person.

4. No posting of nudity pictures- Removals/warnings will be up to the Staff/Admin to determine

5. No Raffles are to be sold for profit or otherwise. Contact a Admin about legal Charity raffles.

ADDED: 6/29/15:

6: No pictures or videos of TRUE violence against people or animals.

Moderators are monitoring the forum at all times.

Is this topic against the rules?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We are an E-cig forum that uses E-juice > nicotine and VG/PG/Flavorings, you tell me?

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To the best of my knowledge no such thing exist.

But there are ceramic and glass drip tips that act as a thermal barrier to keep the heat generated by your coils from reaching your lips.

Or you could just get a VW/TC mod and control the temp of your coils that way.

That's sweet, I might have to check into that. It seems like a lot of people would like to go ahead and do something like freezing a tip. I've seen YouTube videos where the person admits that they get completely bored and will take apart like an Atlantis coil for example just to make it taste better. Something that takes half an hour of painstaking efficiency for less gain than the work they put in. So conclusion is people get bored. Would it make people less bored to constantly run to their freezer to replace a melted drip tip with a freshly frozen one? I'm sensing dollar signs here!

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We are an E-cig forum that uses E-juice > nicotine and VG/PG/Flavorings, you tell me?

This is a topic on a drip tip because I am in;

Home>Forums>MODS AND ACCESSORIES>Vaping Accessories (Mod Stands, Drip Tips, etc.)

The thread posted is an idea I've had for months now of a drip tip that is hollowed out and filled with water so you can freeze in a freezer for a cooler and smoother inhale. As I did not smoke cigarettes then start vaping. I already quit for over two years before I even touched a vape. That means I have no desire for nicotine and therefore use juice without it. One day I ran out of juice and used a friend's. His had 12mg of nicotine and it made me choke. I have an unregulated 18650 mech and an unregulated 26650 mech so it has a harsh draw for someone who uses 0mg e-juice.

I am confused on why I am being harassed and treated like a lesser of a person. I read the words you respond to me with in my head and I know exactly the tone of voice that would be used if this was an audial conversation. Of course, you get the final say since you have permissions given on this forum to ban someone or shut their thread down. If you are going to be condescending to me, then do what you must.

Sorry to other folks that didn't need to read all this.

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your first thread said it all, Keep with the forum rules and you won't have to worry about a thing:)
Have a great day sunshine:)

Hey, I'll make sure of it! You do the same :)

Could you delete this thread so I can make another? A conversation not pertaining to the topic kills all hope for new perspectives. I would still like to know if these such things exist. Out of my own research, I haven't found anything exactly like it.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't delete threads, go ahead and start another, be my GUEST
FYi, Good luck staying on topic in your new one.

tumblr_mmwuu44ZDC1snnuf6o5_250_zpszleotnkm.gif

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You would then have to find a way to make said frozen tip not stick to the lips. I froze a ceramic tip I had just to try it and when I vaped it stuck to my lips like your tongue to a frozen pole. had to pour warm water over them to not lose skin.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You would then have to find a way to make said frozen tip not stick to the lips. I froze a ceramic tip I had just to try it and when I vaped it stuck to my lips like your tongue to a frozen pole. had to pour warm water over them to not lose skin.

And you wonder why you did not get that job at NASA as a rocket scientist?

:D:D:D:D:p:D:D:D:D

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't want to deal with a frozen drip tip stuck anywhere and have to run water near a mod to loosen it.

Drip tips disconnect from the atty :p. In my test to get a "cooler hit" when it stuck to my lip, I removed the tip from the atty, then just poured warm water over my lips :D

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And you wonder why you did not get that job at NASA as a rocket scientist?

:D:D:D:D:p:D:D:D:D
I've always said I'm 1/2 idiot, 1/2 moron, and 1/2 stupid, because is takes 3 1/2's to make a whole!

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Condensation wouldn't happen with every material, I'm sure there are certain plastics that don't sweat. Maybe even a carrying case with circular cutouts to hold the tips in when you stick them in the freezer. The case's interior around the tips would be made out of a water absorbing material like microfiber.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fact that the words "water" and "insulation" are in the same sentence is why I need to step outta here and go bang my head in a wall for a few, then go watch some more Shark Tank...

Whiskey and Dickey, yall keep up the up the great work!!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fact that the words "water" and "insulation" are in the same sentence is why I need to step outta here and go bang my head in a wall for a few, then go watch some more Shark Tank...

Doin my best sir:D:D

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

In what context makes this so appalling? The only way I could see this as appalling would be a discussion about electrical current, but you already know that.

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In the end times we are experiencing, where our past generations destroyed our planet to no return. You'd think people would be nicer to one another. To die peacefully instead of coming to many realizations about ones self leaving with an excruciatingly uncomfortable demise. Then that day we die, we will be judged by the universe for the content of our character and the jewels we will receive in the afterlife. Every single situation you've ever been faced with is merely a pop quiz, getting you ready for your final exam. Call me sick minded for bringing forth the truth at such an uninviting time, but maybe I knew what I was doing all along. Mock me if you will, flaunt it off even. However not coming to complete acceptance and humbleness will only make the end that much harder to come to terms with. I'm not the one who decides if you passed or not but I give sight to the blind.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish you the best of success with your venture, I truly do. Just to add a little realists insight on what you said:

You mentioned getting a patent on the idea. Patents range anywhere from $5000-$15,000 just in lawyer fees, that is for a US patent. The Chinese will not give to shits about Your US patent, will buy one of your item at retail price, reverse engineer it, and bring it to market at a fraction of the price that you are asking. I have worked in some form of manufacturing for roughly 20 years now and I've seen all sides of this. Also you will not be able to patent the drip tip, the goo that goes inside of the drip tip that freezes and returns to some sort of solid or liquid state (Someone already has the patent on those substances), or the plastic or acrylic or whatever you will use that will house the goo (somebody already has the patent on those substances as well)

I would highly recommend forgetting the patent on a manufactured consumer good, develop your product and sell as many as you can as fast as you can, before the Chinese cut you off at the armpits.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
this is kind of one of those things where if you have to explain it....its just not funny any more...Im not sure I can let the cat outta the bag just yet so..so for whiskeys sake and...uhh....mine...can you elaborate on when the ancient aliens are coming and all that fun stuff?? A few more inspirational quotes please too, they really help things :)

I-Dont-Always-Aliens_zpsgvrehdwk.jpg

triple7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish you the best of success with your venture, I truly do. Just to add a little realists insight on what you said:

You mentioned getting a patent on the idea. Patents range anywhere from $5000-$15,000 just in lawyer fees, that is for a US patent. The Chinese will not give to shits about Your US patent, will buy one of your item at retail price, reverse engineer it, and bring it to market at a fraction of the price that you are asking. I have worked in some form of manufacturing for roughly 20 years now and I've seen all sides of this. Also you will not be able to patent the drip tip, the goo that goes inside of the drip tip that freezes and returns to some sort of solid or liquid state (Someone already has the patent on those substances), or the plastic or acrylic or whatever you will use that will house the goo (somebody already has the patent on those substances as well)

I would highly recommend forgetting the patent on a manufactured consumer good, develop your product and sell as many as you can as fast as you can, before the Chinese cut you off at the armpits.

It would only take some cross referencing on materials banned in both countries to rule out the Chinese attempting to copycat a product. It may be a similar product made with different material, but they would not have the time to perfect the product and figure out what's best unless stumbling upon this thread. Which China has a firewall not allowing direct access to other countries. That would require them to use a proxy, VPN, or other sorts of methods to even gaze at this forum. Yada yada, I'm sure you know all this.

I appreciate your honesty and expertise in the industry but it only takes a creative mind to work out the kinks. The price of a patent, $5,000-$15,000 isn't bad at all if you plan to add zeros to the end. If you have the right credibility, resources, and knowledge a bank would surely lend you that money if you have a great credit score.

There are many plants that create plastics, I'm sure I can easily find plants that aren't allowed to be grown in China. After you sell the prototype and make a name for yourself, banks will be willing to loan more money to you which will then allow you to invest in the second version of the product. The second version, to make it interesting, would include a layer of this plant weaved to form a sleeve over the tip. Thus absorbing leftover condensation, adding grip, and aesthetic appeal. Since you've made it so far in the company to make a second version of the product, you figure cheap labor will make up for the cost of branching out. So you provide labor to Mexico where this plant is legal. The fact that the material would be made out of plants, kills the possibility of someone having a patent.

From legalmatch.com "You can patent pretty much anything under the sun that is made by man except laws of nature, physical phenomena, and abstract ideas. These categories are excluded subject matter from the scope of patents."

To actually form a patent, I'd add something very small to the product that is man made. Something on the inside, which I already have countless things it could be.

Lol, I understand I'm going overboard with it but anything's possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You have it all figured out then, stop hypothesizing on the inter webs and get this thing to market already. I'm all for a cool vape, I get more flavor and enjoyment from cool vapor!

A quick note on the Chinese, they have more access than you think. We have several Chinese members, vendors, and manufacturers representing on this forum already, and they don't have to circumvent goverenment firewalls to get here.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[...]I shall finish making my prototype, purchase a patent, and the rest shall be history. :) [...]

And here's the rest of the history: if you have a good product, a company in Shenzen will wipe their collective ass with your patent, and start offering the exact same product for a tenth of the price before you're even done desigining the packaging for yours.

Good luck with your venture :)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sweet Jesus.
Its already called a driptip, I am not gonna vape something like that. Just not my thing.
16012.jpg

Last edited:

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And here's the rest of the history: if you have a good product, a company in Shenzen will wipe their collective ass with your patent, and start offering the exact same product for a tenth of the price before you're even done desigining the packaging for yours.

Good luck with your venture :)

I like the way you said it better!

DickyT said:

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sweet Jesus.
Its already called a driptip, I am not gonna vape something like that. Just not my thing.
a96995_8-Penis.jpg
And you love putting the drip tip to your lips :p

Sorry chef, couldn't resist!

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fun fact that has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand!
Regarding the Christmas Story reference, When the boys tongue was stuck to that pole it was really stuck! Not from freezing though, there was a vacuum cleaner attached to the flag pole. True silly fact to lighten the mood.
Btw, there is a gel that can be applied to a steel rod, you can heat that rod with a torch and hold the rod on the other side of the gel barrier with no glove.
I have seen it in person. I'm not sure what it is called, but it was being sold by a snap on or Matco tool dealer years ago. I wonder if something like that could be used inside a sealed metal tip? It wouldn't need to be frozen. Just a crazy thought.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are gels that freeze and do not leak. The solution to the tip sticking to lips is a rubber drip tip cover like the ones many vape shops keep in buckets for sampling. So you make the tip hollow, inject the gel, seal it up and freeze it. Put the tip cover on and vape away.

VU Sponsors