Become a Patron!

Is this dude Trolling or legit??

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Either way he's kind of entertaining but surely he can't be serious... Maybe things are not as uptight Down under?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What makes you think things are uptight down under?

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What makes you think things are uptight down under?
I don't think that...I thought maybe they just weren't all hung up on profanity Down under like we are in the states...Well, Like some are in the states.For sure some people are hung up on certain words he uses frequently. Certain, Unkind, Nasty, Type, ....words...

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think that...I thought maybe they just weren't all hung up on profanity Down under like we are in the states...Well, Like some are in the states.For sure some people are hung up on certain words he uses frequently. Certain, Unkind, Nasty, Type, ....words...

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What does a bad rap video have to do with this dudes reviews? Is it the bad language you wanted me to hear? I kind of understand the fact that in the US we will Bleep out a simple curse word like SHIT but allow almost any type of graphic violence to be shown ... It's super twisted for sure. I'm was just wondering if this dude has any chance of being successful on you tube without toning it down a bit... Matt and Vee of Suck my Mod were the ones who first mentioned this dudes reviews and since then he's picked up a bunch of Subs. I'm just unsure if this is an angle/gimmick or if this is how the dude really is..

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What does a bad rap video have to do with this dudes reviews? Is it the bad language you wanted me to hear? I kind of understand the fact that in the US we will Bleep out a simple curse word like SHIT but allow almost any type of graphic violence to be shown ... It's super twisted for sure. I'm was just wondering if this dude has any chance of being successful on you tube without toning it down a bit... Matt and Vee of Suck my Mod were the ones who first mentioned this dudes reviews and since then he's picked up a bunch of Subs. I'm just unsure if this is an angle/gimmick or if this is how the dude really is..
Lol, I don't know. But I knew you were going to say that.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I'm just unsure if this is an angle/gimmick or if this is how the dude really is..
You gotta have a gimmick. It's called marketing.

Just look at Rip Trippers' early stuff. He looks like a normal guy doing reviews in his kitchen and bedroom. Yawn. Then he started in with the quirky one-liners and over the top presentation, and his subscribers skyrocketed. You can mark the dramatic change in his subs when he started acting that way. You gotta do something to set yourself apart, otherwise you're just another schmuck with a YouTube channel.

Of course any time you set yourself apart, you're going to have haters in addition to fans. That's just part of the game. ;)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Just look at Rip Trippers' early stuff. He looks like a normal guy doing reviews in his kitchen and bedroom. Yawn. Then he started in with the quirky one-liners and over the top presentation, and his subscribers skyrocketed. You can mark the dramatic change in his subs when he started acting that way. You gotta do something to set yourself apart, otherwise you're just another schmuck with a YouTube channel.

Of course any time you set yourself apart, you're going to have haters in addition to fans. That's just part of the game. ;)

Exactly.

I was thinking of doing some review-type videos with me doing a terrible and slightly over the top Chinese accent .. I have a feeling it would really take off (at least with the racists)

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Exactly.

I was thinking of doing some review-type videos with me doing a terrible and slightly over the top Chinese accent .. I have a feeling it would really take off (at least with the racists)
You'd be in good company. The YouTube comment trolls LOVE racists. Especially the ones who come over from Reddit.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You'd be in good company. The YouTube comment trolls LOVE racists. Especially the ones who come over from Reddit.

My thoughts exactly lol.. YT is a melting pot of racists and 12 yr old wannabe racists..

speaking of that subject if you don't know who Ari Shaffir is (comedian) - youtube: The Amazing Racist.. some of the funniest videos I've seen covering this topic - they are all mock-style videos - but the people in the comments don't understand this idea - its hilarious to see them get so offended by something so fake

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Will Americans (and other up-tighters) accept him "as-is"? My wife has only One (1) word out of hundreds of slang and curse words that she finds truly detestable and he happens to use that One (1) word every time she walks in the room. I just told her that it's a term of endearment over there. I also pointed out that he calls everyone Dick-Heads so he's at least fair about it....

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Being controversial just for the sake of being controversial gets old really quickly. If it's not backed up by something meaningful and insightful all you will develop is an audience of ignorants.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Berta Lovejoy is my favorite. A Redditor who has a profile pic of some fat woman, who always makes over the top feminist comments on videos that have absolutely nothing to do with women.

1ymoBmj_60a4abd35e814bea8655ec9a546e0b1d_original.png

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Berta Lovejoy is my favorite. A Redditor who has a profile pic of some fat woman, who always makes over the top feminist comments on videos that have absolutely nothing to do with women.

1ymoBmj_60a4abd35e814bea8655ec9a546e0b1d_original.png

OMFG HAHA I love this idea! and thats the PERFECT name too ..

I'm a Kiwi not an Aussie but we have Bogans too,in fact Bogan is the name of my cat.
He is just doing an inflated version of the stereotype of a Bogan,working class,beer drinking,V8 driving,Heavy Metal listening,foul mouthed in nearly every situation.
The "C-word" is a term of endearment between friends down here.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Will Americans (and other up-tighters) accept him "as-is"?
I've never heard of this guy before this thread. After watching the vid posted above, I'm not a fan. Actually, I'm lying. I didn't even make it all the way through it.

I like a no holds barred approach, and course language doesn't bother me...to a point. This guy sounds and looks like trailer park trash. I mean, I get it. That's his shtick with the whole Bogan thing, but it's definitely not appealing to me as a viewer. If he can't complete a sentence without dropping three f-bombs, then he needs to expand his vocabulary. Excessive swearing is an indicator of low intelligence. That's just my opinion.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starting to take a liking to his videos; even though none of the items he reviews actually interests me, he is entertaining nonetheless and surprisingly, quite articulate, especially with the recent juice reviews.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Starting to take a liking to his videos; even though none of the items he reviews actually interests me, he is entertaining nonetheless and surprisingly, quite articulate, especially with the recent juice reviews.
He's probably just being himself. Sometimes that bothers people.

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I saw him do a juice review on some type of juice that was Motor bike themed...sort of. It was a pretty good review and he really was quite articulate in describing the flavor structures , dominate notes on the inhale and subtle back notes on the Ex....Sort of made me think he had some sense...

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's probably just being himself. Sometimes that bothers people.

Yeah, that's true, but I think that he's not so "low intelligence" as he may portray himself as. Coarse and vulgar, yes, but cant help laugh whenever he refers to the manufacturers who send him stuff as dickheads and cunts LOL

Would prefer that any day over a reviewer who tries to portrays himself as smart and/or experienced but in actuality, knows much less than your average hobbyist.

Yeah I saw him do a juice review on some type of juice that was Motor bike themed...sort of. It was a pretty good review and he really was quite articulate in describing the flavor structures , dominate notes on the inhale and subtle back notes on the Ex....Sort of made me think he had some sense...

Yeah, I actually ended taking a look and bookmarking the OpenRoadVapor site after watching his review, will probably grab a bottle and see if his summary is actually true to his description.

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, that's true, but I think that he's not so "low intelligence" as he may portray himself as. Coarse and vulgar, yes, but cant help laugh whenever he refers to the manufacturers who send him stuff as dickheads and cunts LOL

Would prefer that any day over a reviewer who tries to portrays himself as smart and/or experienced but in actuality, knows much less than your average hobbyist.

Yeah, I actually ended taking a look and bookmarking the OpenRoadVapor site after watching his review, will probably grab a bottle and see if his summary is actually true to his description.
Ah Yes, Open Road Vapor...That's the ticket. The juice he described with such passion was "Ole Lady" ...

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Working in a prison I hear the word fuck probably 50 x a night, if not more. Some people just have to be all flashy with how they talk, makes em feel special. Most of them tho are just like that, I do it alot myself and dont realize it just because of the environment I'm in. Now I don't go around calling everyone cuntflaps, that would just be silly. I use that word very rarely when bitch isn't nearly strong enough to describe an individual.

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Working in a prison I hear the word fuck probably 50 x a night, if not more. Some people just have to be all flashy with how they talk, makes em feel special. Most of them tho are just like that, I do it alot myself and dont realize it just because of the environment I'm in. Now I don't go around calling everyone cuntflaps, that would just be silly. I use that word very rarely when bitch isn't nearly strong enough to describe an individual.
Mostly when I'd hear the latter word it would be in terms of a measurement....:)

MirkoGradski

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you can tell he's honest because of his choice words.

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I've watched a few more of his you tube vids and spoken to a bunch of folks and apparently it is not any kind of act that he's putting on for the camera. I guess down-under it's very common for the Bogans (aussie for redneck) to use obscene amounts of profanity in everyday chat. On a weird side note he's starting to grow on me. Ya' Dikheads ..:cool:

MirkoGradski

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I've watched a few more of his you tube vids and spoken to a bunch of folks and apparently it is not any kind of act that he's putting on for the camera. I guess down-under it's very common for the Bogans (aussie for redneck) to use obscene amounts of profanity in everyday chat. On a weird side note he's starting to grow on me. Ya' Dikheads ..:cool:

He did grow on me. I ended up watching several of his videos. He's pretty well spoken, besides his french. Although, the use of profanity in his videos gives me the sense that he's being as honest as can be.

VU Sponsors