Become a Patron!

Is this evidence of a venting or damaged 18650?

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In the pic I know it's hard to see but on the left battery on the negitive end looks like moisture of some kind? Under the wrap. I can see discoloration these are Sammy 25r IMG_20170114_150258.jpg

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sammy 25r's will do that I have a bunch that look like they have something under the wrap.I re-wrapped some and there was nothing under there so I just ignore it now but it's up to you. I also have some Sony VTC4's that are the same way. Don't know if it means anything but they also have green wraps.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have some that look like that (also all green wraps) and I've never had any issues with them.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the pic I know it's hard to see but on the left battery on the negitive end looks like moisture of some kind? Under the wrap. I can see discoloration these are Sammy 25r View attachment 71558

I've seen that before, and when I asked about it on another forum I found it's quite common with those battery wrappers. It is nothing to worry about.

Vape on :)

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've seen that before, and when I asked about it on another forum I found it's quite common with those battery wrappers. It is nothing to worry about.

Vape on :)
Oh my thank you so much! Happy vaping for me!

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ye
Sammy 25r's will do that I have a bunch that look like they have something under the wrap.I re-wrapped some and there was nothing under there so I just ignore it now but it's up to you. I also have some Sony VTC4's that are the same way. Don't know if it means anything but they also have green wraps.
My vtc4s r doing it too. But it makes sense it's harmless .. thanks guys . I can now rest assured. And for those of you that say get rid of em... I'm no dummy I know logic when I hear it and I know enough to know what the others say makes sense and i now know I have have nothing to worry about! Thanks guys!

VU Sponsors