Is this too much cotton?

Edgar Gonzalez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[Help]

can you guys help me improve my built?
someone build this for me and I know is trash.
can you guys give me links to the supplies I need? IMG_9344-min.jpgIMG_9332-min.jpg
Thanks

Last edited:

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its said that you should leave somewhat of a gap underneath the coil or coils.
However I like to leave a rather larger gap underneath each coil for max air flow.

saint_518

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
not too much just make sure you have a big enough gap under your coil for air to pass under.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is a guy at a local shop, who wicks just like this. He puts the coils way below the airholes, and jams cotton under them.
Ive helped a couple guys who have had bad luck with his builds, now they are much happier.
My tip: There needs to be lots of room under your coils and the coils themselves should be getting direct airflow (so they should be right in front of, or slightly higher than your airholes).

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What everyone else has said - maybe a bit much on the cotton for me, but not outrageous. What matters is having a clear path for air to flow underneath. And don't throw your mod!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What everyone else said. The cotton in the coils and the shoulders look good, but the cotton under the coils is too much. Try something similar to this.
4aNV528.jpg

CjUBIFQ.jpg

CantWin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What everyone else said. The cotton in the coils and the shoulders look good, but the cotton under the coils is too much. Try something similar to this.
4aNV528.jpg

CjUBIFQ.jpg
This is perfect, airflow completely around the coil. Plus, I find it wicks better when the tails just touch the deck. The only drawback to that is the "sloshy" deck when it is all juiced up, but worth it by a mile

VU Sponsors