Vienna Cream(FA) 2%
Butterscotch Ripple(FW) 2%
Butterscotch(FA) 1%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Vanilla Classic(FA) 1%
Caramel(FA) 0.5%

Flavor Total - 10.5%
Steep time - 1 week minimum recommended

EDIT: After some more experimenting and purchasing of new ice cream flavors I didn't have before, I have a newer version of this of this recipe. Basically the CAP, RF, and HS ice cream flavorings satisfy me better and taste a little more like ice cream to me (vanilla wise). Also I upped the butterscotch a bit and added brown sugar extra to make it pop even more.

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream(CAP) 2%
Butterscotch(FA) 1.5%
RF Vanilla Ice Cream 1%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Ice Cream(HS) 0.5%
Caramel(FA) 0.5%
Brown Sugar Extra(TFA) 0.25%

Ice cream profile (original recipe)

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is the foundation for the ice cream - it's sweet, rich, and has a nice vanilla backend. Not "peppery" by any means like TFA's version can be to some, however it needs some help as it doesn't quite come across as ice cream alone IMO. To rectify this, Vienna Cream and Fresh Cream at a 2:1 ratio (HIC trick) completes the ice cream profile and adds what the FW VBIC lacks. I originally started this recipe without the FW VBIC, however it was missing the body and heavy cream I was looking for. Marry them all together, and voila!

Vanilla Classic adds back in vanilla that gets somewhat covered up by the Vienna and Fresh Cream. I might try to sub for FA Vanilla Bourbon in the near future to see how it plays with the butterscotch notes, however I feel it might add a bit too much "darkness".

Butterscotch profile

Butterscotch Ripple is a great creamy butterscotch that works great as a blender but also needs some oomf to make it pop. FA's Butterscotch and Caramel add bite and make it stand out more. All of them together provide a nice butterscotch type topping you would find on ice cream!

Initially the butterscotch might seem strong first mixed, but give this a week or two to chill out and everything comes into place. Longer the better of course!

upload_2018-4-2_21-52-33.png

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sounds really good. Going to get the required flavors for this next go round. Many thanks.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sounds really good. Going to get the required flavors for this next go round. Many thanks.
Thank you much! Most of these flavors are quite versatile and would be good to have in your arsenal regardless.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Im close. Have all of them but these.

Vienna Cream(FA) 2%

Have made a couple of your other recipes I scraped off here and they were really good.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Im close. Have all of them but these.

Vienna Cream(FA) 2%

Have made a couple of your other recipes I scraped off here and they were really good.
That's great to hear man! I've only recently started publishing things, just because it took me a bit to feel confident enough to share. Everyone's tastes are different, but I've done plenty of scraping on here myself, trust me!

Man Vienna Cream is my like #1 flavor in my alarm list - I make sure I never have less than like 30mls of it at all times!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yeah. I used all my cream making your custard recipe. Im on a hard custard and vanilla tobacco kick right now. Keep it up, even if no one is saying anything I guarantee you have folks are enjoying good vapes from your sharing (I know I am).

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeah. I used all my cream making your custard recipe. Im on a hard custard and vanilla tobacco kick right now. Keep it up, even if no one is saying anything I guarantee you have folks are enjoying good vapes from your sharing (I know I am).
Awesome thanks for the support man! Yeah I can't stand CAP Vanilla Custard, it has a distinct smell and taste that just is off to me so I had to break from the norm there. That recipe is an odd one - the first few days are great, then between day 7-14 it goes a little flat, and then after 14 days it is like BAM! Just crazy how flavorings work sometimes!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Butterscotch Ripple is some delicious creamy stuff. I was just thinking about something like this. Looks good.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sounds good, I'm missing one of the butterscotch's....Ripple...may try it without.

That's what I was thinking - but will try it with FW salted caramel as a sub

Also will be subbing the FW ice cream for Capella

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let us know how the salted caramel works out. I purchased it for a recipe, and couldn’t stand it. I need to give it another go someplace.

I’ll be mixing this as written when I get a chance.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Let us know how the salted caramel works out. I purchased it for a recipe, and couldn’t stand it. I need to give it another go someplace.

I’ll be mixing this as written when I get a chance.

I've only tried it once, a recipe a friend made up - was a little milky for my tastes, but I do have a bottle of it I got before that and have been trying to figure out something to do with it also, lol

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Let me know how it turns out! Never tried either salted caramel or CAPs before. Not sure if you would need some sweetener added to balance out the salt or not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Butterscotch Ripple is some delicious creamy stuff. I was just thinking about something like this. Looks good.
Indeed, I was struggling with butterscotch until I found the ripple to blend in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Well Juicy you are on to something. I never had the CAP version before, but I changed around the recipe because I liked the CAP so much. It has a slight pepper taste but it honestly makes the ice cream more authentic. That and mixed with RF and HS ice creams, it's a winner.

Good call!!

VU Sponsors