Become a Patron!

Isub coils

Beckylynn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am looking into getting a new tank my Atlantis is burning my coils to fast even on a low wattage. I heard good things about the isub tank but I wanna know if the coils last more than a couple of days. So my question is how long do they tend to last? I need somthing that's going to last and not burn in 3 or 4 days tia! (idk if this makes any difference but I have a mvp 3.0 pro for my mod)

Beckylynn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm torn between the isub and kanger mini

Beckylynn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just worried I'll get it and get maybe 3 days with the coil because that's what I'm doing now with my Atlantis..0.5 coil at 20 watts prime over night only hit it a couple of times then the next hit will be super nasty after 3 days of use

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of flavors are you using? That could play a big role in your coil kife...super sweet flavors, for example, tend to gunk up and kill coils much faster than, say, fruits.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just worried I'll get it and get maybe 3 days with the coil because that's what I'm doing now with my Atlantis..0.5 coil at 20 watts prime over night only hit it a couple of times then the next hit will be super nasty after 3 days of use
Could be your vaping it too low..I mean too low a wattage is just as bad as too high..That said I get about 2-3 weeks on my Atlantis .5 ohm coils...I usually run 30-35w depending on the juice..have tried 40w or so and they vape good, but get a dry hit after 2 or 3 deep lung pulls..
The juice dosent wick fast enough at those higher wattages... But 30-35w seems to be my sweet spot along with good coil life...just sayin
0d5a9c80170d7bd3b52996c166666e87.jpg

I believe aspire recommends at least 30w for the Atlantis .5 coil, shown here on my IPV4 with the 7ml ext tank..its a good combo, lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Beckylynn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll try it at 25 watts but with my first coil I did it at 25 watts for 3 days (worked my way up) and it lasted 3 days not even taking a lot of hits I do lung hits so it may be bad coils I'm not sure I kinda wanna try the isub but ifs the same thing then I'll just rebuild the coils I have now lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I use 70/30 and it's flavor is ice
I use VG max ...because I use the same juice to drip too and have a lot of it on hand...no issues at all using it in the Atlantis...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Beckylynn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm idk I'm going to do more research and ask around I guess thank you for your help

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How long the Isub coils last is pretty much up to your juice and vaping style. They are, however dead easy to rewick and the coils themselves are pretty sturdy. They are also easy to rebuild. I have two coiled with NI200 and two with titanium for use in temp control at the moment. I haven't had the coil itself fail on any in a couple of months use. Just change the wick.

backdoc

Member For 4 Years
As the other poster said they last 1-3 weeks, ill attest to that, pretty amazing for a 12$ tank, just gave one away with a Sig 30w to a new vapor with the original coil still going strong in it after 2 weeks.....great little tank

rich424

Member For 4 Years
Mine is great as well. I have the plastic version and coils last a week to 2 most times. I only vape deserts and sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beckylynn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ugh I wish I could run my Atlantis at 30 watts lol I'm going to get the isub g

Beckylynn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm looking at coil life and I've read the isub heads are good I've also read the kanger mini is good and so on I'm looking for something not going to break my bank on coils basically

Beckylynn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Almost 30 bucks for 5 coils for the Atlantis but we buy double because my husband has the same tank but the 2nd version of it and his is just as bad so I'm going to change tanks and see what's better

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
In general...

You'll get a week or three from a coil depending on the juices you use. That should hold true for any factory coils, barring some mechanical issue with it or the tank.

But even without opening the coil head (unlike the Kangers, I'm not sure if you can recoil the iSubs) it's dead easy to dry burn & dowse for cleaning, and then rewick. That should work several times, until the wire won't come clean anymore.

And it seems that Innokin has just released new factory coil resistances.
Now we have... 2.0, 0.5 and 0.2 available.

Good... because it would take a redesign to get an RBA in there.

They CAN be rebuilt but the coils are so cheap that I rarely bother unless I feel like putting in a parallel or twisted build or something. I generally get my 5 pack of coils in the $6 to $8 range though.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Definitely have to plus one the "plastic" isub. $12, no frills, just works. Its nice cuz my clumsy ass would've broken probably 5 glass tanks as often as I've dropped it ;) they can be rewicked very easily, coils are inexpensive. Go with the glass if u must, the drip tip is changeable on the glass, on the plastic its not. Me personally I'm perfectly fine with the plastic for durability alone.

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
Definitely have to plus one the "plastic" isub. $12, no frills, just works. Its nice cuz my clumsy ass would've broken probably 5 glass tanks as often as I've dropped it ;) they can be rewicked very easily, coils are inexpensive. Go with the glass if u must, the drip tip is changeable on the glass, on the plastic its not. Me personally I'm perfectly fine with the plastic for durability alone.
Unless you are like me and can't use metal drip tips, in which case it's the iSub G all the way. And a good quality vape band or two is the best investment for glass tanks.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Very true, I have some vape bands for my glass tanks. I didn't think I'd like the drip tip on the isub but it's really not that bad, for me anyway. Just have to clean it like every day.

vape4942

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought two of the iSubs. They seem to hit kind of harsh for some reason. One does more than the other. Great little tanks for secondary backups and great for the price. I was going to order the glass version iSub G but I decided not to because of the harshness of the draw. I went for the Arctic V2 with the Air Flow Control drip tip. My main tank is the original Arctic and it's very versatile. Works great whether it;s at 30 or 60 watts and everything in between.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am using the Atlantis .3 well much more than a few days! I still have my .5 in the box I grabbed the tank from! How is the tank going to fast?

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I Love the arctic too the Subtank the arctic and Atlantis v2 all work wonderful for tanks! I think if anything j will try crown or playboy

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
I bought two of the iSubs. They seem to hit kind of harsh for some reason. One does more than the other. Great little tanks for secondary backups and great for the price. I was going to order the glass version iSub G but I decided not to because of the harshness of the draw. I went for the Arctic V2 with the Air Flow Control drip tip. My main tank is the original Arctic and it's very versatile. Works great whether it;s at 30 or 60 watts and everything in between.
Really? I don't have that problem but maybe it has to do with the different juices used in them. I have noticed that certain juices do better in some tanks than others which is why I have so many different ones. Too many, really. Some still new. I really have to sell some off, lol.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I found recently that rewicking the isub helps the flavor a lot, at least for me. This 2nd attempt at rewicking I THINK I have right. Rolled the cotton before I stuffed it in, actually cut it kinda far out and let a very little bit sit out. Worked great for like a day, then it started getting dry. Then I poked a pin all the way thru set it back on and so far its still got that stronger flavor and no dry hits. We'll see in a day or two if I got it right this time, this is the only tank I have at the moment so it gets a lot of testing time lol.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have some .2 coils to test out when my vapemail gets here, this kbox will only fire down to .4, but I got an ijust 2 kit on the way and that battery will fire that low.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Didn't know they were doing a 1.5 ish coil, I've only seen the .5 .2 and 2 ohm. Might be worth trying tho, I still can't understand their logic on a 2 ohm coil, but it is what it is.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I've seen those m65 for dirt cheap just never have the extra cash when good sales come along lol. Why I'm rocking the isub, cheap and it's been fairly reliable, some dry hits, but I'm still working on rewicking.

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
Gonna have to try those 0.2 ohm heads when I eventually have to buy more but for right now I still have some new 0.5 ohm heads and have been rebuilding my dead ones. 28g parallel coils at about 0.3 ohms seems to work amazingly well in them.

VU Sponsors