Become a Patron!

iSub G - 0.5Ohm BVC SS Coil - Dry Hit Every Time?

Hello,
Im new to these forums so please excuse if I am in the wrong subforum :p
I have recently bought the Cool Fire IV (40W) With the iSub G tank.
I have had a problem with the coils that they dry hit every time.
Im currently using the factory made 0.5ohm Bottom Vertical Stainless Steel coils.
I prime them thoroughly by dropping juice into the juice ports, Removing the Spashguard and dropping some ontop of the wicking around the middle vertical coil.
No matter what, I keep getting dry nasty tasting hits.
I have primed, Waited 20 minutes, I have even done the pin thing where you use a pin to place holes into the juice ports to allow further juice flow.... STILL DRY HITS?
I have tried different juices, Different VG/PG ratios and still the same thing.
This has happened with 4 coils now and I am personally tired of spending money on coils that wont even supply me with 1 decent hit. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
HI,

I don't have an iSub G to comment on, but I can say that if it is giving you problems with every coil, then it is likely a wicking problem with the design of the coils. Do you have any other tanks to compare with? Are all of the coils from the same batch? It's possible that you got a defective batch of coils, it's relatively rare, but it does happen. I would suggest trying another batch of coils, and if that doesn't work, try a different tank altogether.

I stopped using Innokin tanks a long time ago for various problems with every one that I tried. Years ago, quality control of the coils was very inconsistent with Innokin, but I would have expected it to be better now that so much time has gone by.

HTH!

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually have an isub G tank that I simply can't use. It burns every coil. Every time. No idea why. I have several G's, V's, and Apex tanks and this is the only one that does it. Any mod, any coil. Just a defect in the tank I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors