Become a Patron!

Isub G coil heads

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking at the coil head for my iSub G and was thinking they are missing the boat if they don't come out with a rebuildable platform for this tank. I mean, sure they want to sell coils and whatnot but seeing as the coil itself is actually the 510 connection and it's so easily removed from the tank, it would be neat.

Anyway, I was examining the coil for this thing and it doesn't look like these coils are rebuildable at the moment. Looks like the case is press fitted together or something and it doesn't look like an easy task to get them apart. However with a good fine point pair of tweezers and a little patience, the wick can be pulled out through the juice holes, and replaced with a new wick. I got the old one out (which did have a burnt area on it because stupid me forgot to turn the wattage back down after fiddling with my RDA and switching back) and dry fired the coil to burn gunk off of it. Once I rinsed/dried it I put a piece of Drago cotton back in through the juice hole and made sure it was nice and snug in the coil. I trimmed the ends off a bit and tucked them in the juice holes and presto! Like new again! Hell it may be even better because the cotton I put back in it seems to be a better grade of cotton.

I just wanted to throw that out there that they may not be able to be rebuilt with your own coil (as of right now), they can in fact be serviced if one were so inclined.

Enjoy!

Istand

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was looking at the coil head for my iSub G and was thinking they are missing the boat if they don't come out with a rebuildable platform for this tank. I mean, sure they want to sell coils and whatnot but seeing as the coil itself is actually the 510 connection and it's so easily removed from the tank, it would be neat.

Anyway, I was examining the coil for this thing and it doesn't look like these coils are rebuildable at the moment. Looks like the case is press fitted together or something and it doesn't look like an easy task to get them apart. However with a good fine point pair of tweezers and a little patience, the wick can be pulled out through the juice holes, and replaced with a new wick. I got the old one out (which did have a burnt area on it because stupid me forgot to turn the wattage back down after fiddling with my RDA and switching back) and dry fired the coil to burn gunk off of it. Once I rinsed/dried it I put a piece of Drago cotton back in through the juice hole and made sure it was nice and snug in the coil. I trimmed the ends off a bit and tucked them in the juice holes and presto! Like new again! Hell it may be even better because the cotton I put back in it seems to be a better grade of cotton.

I just wanted to throw that out there that they may not be able to be rebuilt with your own coil (as of right now), they can in fact be serviced if one were so inclined.

Enjoy!
I'm planning to do the same with my coil, let us know if you try something else. thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only setback I've found so far is using just the right amount of cotton for the wick. If you cut it too long you have to pack it in the wick holes and you lose some wicking capacity. Cut it too short and the liquid will flow around it and flood your coil head. Still perfecting it but the concept seems sound.

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
I've rewicked mine with 3mm ReadyXwick and it works much better with max VG juices (80-90% VG) now, plus is more flavorful! You just insert the wick as normal but don't cut it. Then run a metal rod or somethng similar through the middle of the wick on the short end you just stuck through to open it up and make better contact with the coil. The wick expanding that way will pull some of the wick on the outside into the coil so it might be better to leave about 1/16" or so after the angled cut outside the coil on the end you stuck through. Once that's done just trim the wick exaclly even with the coil head (don't try to cut it all off at once, work your way around in a circle so you don't flatten it), sharp wire snips or thrum scissors work best for this. It works great for those really thick juices that tend to give you dry hits when you chain vape but not so much with thinner juices, you might get leaks with those. With 70% VG or lower, threading a tiny amout of cotton inside the RxW will correct the leak nicely. Try it! :D

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's here the i sub by Innokin

Sent from my SGH-T999
1cc2537f4bebe5d9c643a6114be3c145.jpg

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of the local B&M's that I hang out with recently changed all his testers over to the Isub Tanks. Its really funny how when people come in with older style tanks and try their favorite juice in one of these the next question is all ways "How much is one of these tanks?"

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Price point on Innokin is pretty decent I like mine you should give it a try.....

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Price point on Innokin is pretty decent I like mine you should give it a try.....

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Agreed. It's my go to tank when I'm on the go and can't fiddle with an RDA.. I don't regret this purchase at all.

VU Sponsors