Become a Patron!

Jellyfish 53 Watt box mod ... looks pretty cool!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sealed battery, no thank you, same point buttons as hana, no thank you, looks nothing special, why the hell is it so expensive?

Are you trying to say something here?

:)

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too expensive and nothing unique enough about it . 50-100 watt box mods seem to be everywhere now. I would rather have a Vapers shark rdna40 for a few dollars more.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah , not for that price , especially with a new proprietary chip , who's handling the one year warranty , bet it's Asmodus lol.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Sealed battery, no thank you, same point buttons as hana, no thank you, looks nothing special, why the hell is it so expensive?

Holy shizzz .. I didn't even look at the price until you said something ... are they out of their minds? o_O $150 for a oddly numbered 53W box made from aluminum alloy, with an unknown chip made by yet another unknown manufacturer :eek: INSANITY

I didn't click Vaportek's link at first because in error I assumed this device was prolly priced at around the $50 mark .. why? Because it is so basic in its design, materials, and construction elements :rolleyes: Who in their right mind would pay $150 for this? ... just ridiculous!:confused:

To2lynsane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My local vape store got these in last week. I vaped on one @ 50 watts for a while with a veritas on top. The mod did have a nice feel to it for some reason. The built in 4000 mah might be nice for people who dont like to mess with batteries and chargers but pretty much renders it a disposable device. The jellyfish logo on the front is hideous. He said it was a "true 50 watt mod" but I failed to ask what he meant by that. He's selling for $125. If they were 50 bucks, I might pick one up for fun but they're not so.....

FyrPrf1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Something a little unique about the Jellyfish, esp. when compared to most others popping up all over the place lately... is the info displayed & supposed accuracy of settings (say supposed only because I haven't personally metered to be absolutely positive.. it's definitely different than the others that are known to be inaccurate, so..? At least based on vape/taste/vapor.it's pretty darn close..) Anyway.. this Jellyfish displays not only your setting & a recommended setting range (be that, imho, a bit high) has the usual battery bar & resistance reading too.. Thing is... while it also shows that current setting, whether in voltage OR wattage mode... gives ya a real-time voltage + wattage reading- under load, when fired.. with none of that wake up/click/delay stuff, either. So, basically... this one has an inline voltage AND wattage meter.... I mean, gotta like that. The awesome battery life isn't too bad either. =P Never had anything get to the point of not charging nor just stop working due to the battery... where I needed access to change it out... Which is why, considering the risk, I'll take that chance.. Besides, if it means I don't have to even worry about always pairing, charging/discharging.. keeping matched up, carrying with & caring for.. let alone storing or swapping out... those 18650 batteries all day, every day..., I'm in; actually prefer having the built in LiPos & would choose them, if available. ( I know.. I'm a rarity & most love using 18650's NOT LiPo) 4000mAh on this one... works for me! Should the need arise tho, pretty sure I could get it repaired/replaced.. just sayin'. Will attach something I recenltly saw... it has a close look at what's different about this & shows its screen/display functions too. Love the white version & spring loaded 510... just wish it had NO image at all. LOL Well, here's wishing A very Merry Christmas to you & yours.... all the way from (brrr!) Chicago! Hope Santa was good to ya..... HO HO HOOOOO! :D Live longER & vape on!

i am a engineer from the manufacturer of Jellyfish. It's 53 watts just because we did everything accurate instead of Mark them as either 50 watts or 60 watts. As many of the mods shows only approximate rating ,like 50 or 100 or 150 watts. Do they really reach that watts and in Real Time and not Drop? ,hard to tell.But jellyfish Does. Jellyfish is the one that you can measure with multimeter ,every puff deliver the uncompromised power.Besides, it has 2*2000mah high capacity Ploymer LIthium Battery ,Then you can save about 20USD for 2pcs SONY VTC4. Yet the Jellyfish is one of the very first mods that Adopted Resistance Response* Technology , That's the Direction DNA 40 is doing researches on, The Jellyfish can read Resistance with no require of Push Fire Button and give recommendatory V/W range, Yet the Jellyfish can memorize the setting of Voltage or Wattage based on different Ohms. That means no matter how many atomizer you have or how many times you ever built the coil on same atomizer, if you have ever set a favourite Voltage or Wattage ,the Jellyfish will recite the point ,and you are no longer need to adjust the wattage every time after u built a new coil or change to a new tank. And it's can recite as many as possible due to it's recording based on the resistances.
The jellyfish also one of the most safe Mod that not only adaopted both software and hardware protection but also has a monitor on the surface temprature of the Ploymer Lithium battery itself ,It will cut the power when battery over 75 centigrade. The worst situation might be under extremely damage or destroy toward to the Jellyfish ,even that, It won't get exploded ,but only get on fire internally.
The jellyfish also has a output capacity of 4000mah that could charge cell phone or tablet PC that many other mods didn't have such function.
Despite of the interface ,easy operation and understand ,user\s friendly . .. so the overall experiences of jellyfish would say good and worth it's value.
I am from Wiscoo electroincs company limited, we are one of the earliest manufacturer doing high watts mod, we are the inventor of Vapecase eicgs as well ,Our Sub-Ohm Vapecase Launched to market early in Apr. 2014 and also adopted 10C Ploymer Lithium Battery. We are NOT "NO NAME" factory because we always protect our clients and market and never broken prices points. We are also launching a lost revolutionary items in the 2015 such as Sub-Twist ,first twist battery that can vaping at 0.3ohm, Aero-Twist ,First battery that can adjust Airflow by battery instead of Atomizer, Yet ,we have a big project that is finalizing which with real temperature response instead of some so call famous brand's Similar Temperature control ,We are also looking forward to co-operate with leading Ecigs Brands to develop such a project and eventually contribute to the end user bring them with higher technology. That's our aim.
Maybe my poor english did not explain too well here . welcome to add my skype for futher commens or contact: SKYPE ID: berightbegood

Happy Holidays to all .

I have one of these that I won on a waffle and used it now for four months, now it stopped working. It just will charge up, say I'm full on the display and cant shut it off. It stays on and shows the battery condition until it runs down to nothing and then shuts off. I plug the charger back in at it charges all the way back up until it says full again. I tried different things with the buttons but no luck. No one will exchange it cause it was free and have no proof that I bought it. Anyone have any ideas or the same problem with there's? Glad I didn't pay for it!

I have one of these that I won on a waffle and used it now for four months, now it stopped working. It just will charge up, say I'm full on the display and cant shut it off. It stays on and shows the battery condition until it runs down to nothing and then shuts off. I plug the charger back in at it charges all the way back up until it says full again. I tried different things with the buttons but no luck. No one will exchange it cause it was free and have no proof that I bought it. Anyone have any ideas or the same problem with there's? Glad I didn't pay for it! [email protected] Dave

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have one of these that I won on a waffle and used it now for four months, now it stopped working. It just will charge up, say I'm full on the display and cant shut it off. It stays on and shows the battery condition until it runs down to nothing and then shuts off. I plug the charger back in at it charges all the way back up until it says full again. I tried different things with the buttons but no luck. No one will exchange it cause it was free and have no proof that I bought it. Anyone have any ideas or the same problem with there's? Glad I didn't pay for it! [email protected] Dave
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vaping/comments/2zf3rc/just_got_jellyfish_mod_and_it_shut_off_and_wont/

Did you ever figure out a solution I charged my 53w jellyfish last night and woke up to it saying I am full and can't get it to do anything other then that not sure what to do any help is greatly appreciated

VU Sponsors