Become a Patron!

Joaquin Phoenix Thanks ‘Favorite Actor’ Heath Ledger in Joker SAG Awards Speech

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
At the 26th Screen Actors Guild Awards tonight, Joaquin Phoenix won Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role in the movie category for his portrayal of Arthur Fleck in Joker. During his acceptance speech, Phoenix paid tribute to his Heath Ledger, who he called his "favorite actor." After telling Leonardo DiCaprio, who was nominated in the same category for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, that he'd been an inspiration for 25 years, and then saying kind words to the other nominees, Phoenix shared "Really, I'm standing here on the shoulders of my favorite actor Heath Ledger." Check out the speech below...

"I'm standing here on the shoulders of my favorite actor Heath Ledger." Joaquin Phoenix thanks the late #DarkKnight star while accepting the #SAGAwards statue for #Joker https://****/tD2ozkArqi pic.twitter.com/k9q8hwFFrM

— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) January 20, 2020
And then it was Fandango's Erik Davis who pointed out that it was exactly 10 years ago that Ledger won the same SAG award for playing Joker in The Dark Knight...

“I’m here tonight standing on the shoulders of my favorite actor, Heath Ledger.” - Best Actor winner Joaquin Phoenix, honoring Ledger, who won Best Supporting Actor at the SAG Awards 10 years ago this week for playing Joker#SAGAwards2020 pic.twitter.com/19yCEvNP6B

— Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) January 20, 2020
Joker was one of IGN's best-reviewed movies of 2019 and won the People's Choice Award for the Best Movie of 2019. There has been some talk about a Joker sequel, but nothing has been confirmed yet. Check out all the Screen Actor's Guild award winners, including Peter Dinklage, Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, and the cast of Parasite. You can also see what It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia star Rob McElhenney said about the future of the series and learn how The Witcher's showrunner crafted Yennefer's backstory based on very spare details from the books. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/01/18/6-games-that-should-be-netflix-shows-up-at-noon"] [poilib element="accentDivider"] Matt Fowler is a writer for IGN and a member of the Television Critics Association. Follow him on Twitter at @TheMattFowler and Facebook at Facebook.com/MattBFowler.

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors