Become a Patron!

Joyetech evic vt mini New coil Same coil question issue and something else?

DanTe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got my black vtc mini with 1.10 firmware.
Did upgrade to 1.20 firmware.

Issues...or maybe they are not, that i have:

- First i felt, when i screw the tank...it's a little bit wobbly...very very hardly, but you can feel it...if i don't screw the tank all the way down pretty tight. Anyone with same issue? I'm using Nautilus mini.

- Ohm readings for Nautilus mini on vtc are: 2.05, 2.06 and 2.07...every time i screw the tank i am getting different reading...and it's one of those. Coil is 1.8 and on Istick 50w it was showing 1.9. How about your experience? Is it precise?

- I can't get New coil-Same coil screen to show up...I have Nautilus mini with 1.8 (2.06 on vtc) and ego One, from the kit, with Ni 0.2...and it is showing 0.2. When i am switching between tanks i have never gotten that New-Same coil screen question. Is there some procedure? Some button to press while screwing a different tank? Anyone else with this issue?

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've noticed a couple of my tanks are wobbly, but I just tightened them down and it stops.

If you're having fluctuating ohms readings, check your connections

It won't always ask if it's a new coil if it's obvious to the device that it's different. More that a certain percentage, but I don't remember what that is. This does happen on just about every TC device I own other than scmini m class. There is a way to trick it to ask, which is what I always do. Before you switch atomizers, press the fire button. Then with no atty on it, press the fire button a couple times to get the "no atomizer" error message. Then put the new atty on. It will generally always ask if you do that. Also, make sure you don't have the resistance locked

DanTe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for replying.

So, with tank it's ok...call me crazy, but it just feels pretty tight when it's not screwed all the way...I'm not screwing it all the way just not to make a lot of pressure on threads.

I've tried that "technique" with firing with no atomizer, resistance unlocked...i did everything by the book...but no go.
It should pop up if the coil ohm difference is >5%.

If i can share a word of wisdom...what i figure it out...

Always screw the tank when device is off.

Then you will not have that issue with device establishing connection with a tank and ohms variation .

When i do so...my Nautilus is showing 2ohm...that's the lowest it's showing for 1.8ohm coil.

I was referring to No New-Same coil screen...between switching Nautilus mini 1.8 and Ego one Ni 0.2...never get to see that screen.
I even have tried Ti 0.4 (that comes with a kit) and it reads 0.4...and than switch to Ni 0.2 also reads exact temp...no mistake (same tank...Ego one)...but nothing...just can't get that screen.

Is there any evic mini owner with same experience,maybe?

jasonculp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
...never get to see that screen.
I even have tried Ti 0.4 (that comes with a kit) and it reads 0.4...and than switch to Ni 0.2 also reads exact temp...no mistake (same tank...Ego one)...but nothing...just can't get that screen.

Is there any evic mini owner with same experience,maybe?

I have been running one for nearly 3 weeks, and I have never seen the screen. I just change my coil once a week and lock the resistance myself. It seems to be working ok.

DanTe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ahm...ok.

My new evic mini is newest one...I think...Hardware version is 1.04.

Just trying to figure out is it some hardware issue...because of warranty... or software glitch with this new version 1.20.

That's what I've noticed so far...I am waiting for my LG HG2 battery to come...i have only one with 3.5amp.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't call 0.01 to 0.02 ohms much of a fluctuation. You're just either getting an inaccurate reading, or maybe it's just a compatibility thing.

It's just a number. If it's providing a good vape consistently, smoke 'em if you got 'em...

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is the coil in your nautilus nickel? if its not, then thats why you are not getting the "new coil, same coil" reading. When you're using a regular kanthal coil you switch the mode on your eVic to "Power" or "Bypass" from "Temp Ni" or "Temp Ti". (I have 2 eVic VTCs and one VT)

DanTe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wouldn't call 0.01 to 0.02 ohms much of a fluctuation. You're just either getting an inaccurate reading, or maybe it's just a compatibility thing.

It's just a number. If it's providing a good vape consistently, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
Maybe you didn't read it right...if we are on a same page.
My evic mini is reading Nautilus coil (which is 1.8) between 2.0 to 2.7ohms...that means...when i screw the tank it shows 2.01...unscrew and screw again 2.05...again 2.06...again 2.02 and so on. We are talking about 0.2ohm and more difference.

DanTe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is the coil in your nautilus nickel? if its not, then thats why you are not getting the "new coil, same coil" reading. When you're using a regular kanthal coil you switch the mode on your eVic to "Power" or "Bypass" from "Temp Ni" or "Temp Ti". (I have 2 eVic VTCs and one VT)
Yes I figure that out...but if you read it...i have mentioned that i used also...Ti 0.4 and Ni 0.2 which are TC coils in the same Ego and nothing...

DanTe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
can you also tell me ,please, whats your Hardware and software version of evics?
Are you getting that New-Same coil screen when you are changing your coils and between which coils? Thank you.

DanTe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is a very good review...and here, he is using kanthal coil...and when he is changing to tc he is getting New-Same coil screen.
You can start watching from around 12min of video.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe you didn't read it right...if we are on a same page.
My evic mini is reading Nautilus coil (which is 1.8) between 2.0 to 2.7ohms...that means...when i screw the tank it shows 2.01...unscrew and screw again 2.05...again 2.06...again 2.02 and so on. We are talking about 0.2ohm and more difference.

I read it right, I just think you're typing it wrong.

The range between 2.01 and 2.06 is a mere 0.05 ohms... really not a big deal. But if you mean to say that it's fluctuating between 2.0, 2.1, 2.6,2.7 (as you seem to suggest in the sentence before it, then yes, that's a big difference. did you try swapping out the coil?

DanTe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am saying...Coil in Nautilus mini is 1.8ohm bvc authentic.
On istick 50w...when i screw the tank...it shows sometimes 1.8 and sometimes 1.9...ok
When i screw the tank on evic mini...it shows in range from 2.0 to 2.07.
I am saying that evic mini is off 0.2ohm on this 1.8ohm kanthal coil.
i am not a pro with this...i don't have other coils...but istick is showing exact resistance and evic is off 0.2.
I don't know if evic is reading wrong kanthal coils...i think it does...it's off >10%
Is that for RMA?

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh I see... okay, well we can put the fluctuation thing to rest... I think we get each other now. You're just concerned about the differences between the stated coil resistance (1.8) and the readings you're getting from the eVic (about 2.0). And yes, that's a big difference, which might be actionable in terms of getting a replacement under warranty. Couldn't hurt to check it out. Best of luck.

DanTe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep...that's what I've been talking about ;)
I ordered set of Nautilus coils(1.8) so i'll check it, of course, when they come.
It's new release of evic so maybe it's software thing...I'll research more...read other opinions.
Hm...I have,maybe, odd question...for some pro vaper...

Can this be affected by battery?
I have LG HG2.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I doubt the battery would cause a poor resistance reading. Not an expert but... I dunno...

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
can you also tell me ,please, whats your Hardware and software version of evics?
Are you getting that New-Same coil screen when you are changing your coils and between which coils? Thank you.
i have the newest software (v1.20) not sure about hardware but both of mine came from the same batch and everytime i switch nickel coils i get the "new/same" i never get it with kanthol but always with nickel.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i have the newest software (v1.20) not sure about hardware but both of mine came from the same batch and everytime i switch nickel coils i get the "new/same" i never get it with kanthol but always with nickel.

You won't get it with kanthal. Your supposed to get it in TC mode

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors