Become a Patron!

Joyetech Evic VT temp question

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hello! First time on this site. I have been vaping 3 years on various mods and went through a spell of rebuilding my own. To lazy now. I bought my first variable temp mod - Joyetech Evic VT. Used kanthal and on regular to begin with. Vape grape juice at 8 watts. Now I am trying to use the titanium coil. Set the mod at Ti. Now here's my problem. I have no idea what to set the device to now. I have ti, 480F, 40 watts, atomizer is 0.38n. Seems airy and not much flavor. Any suggestions on what I should set it on? I know it's subjective but any info on what specs you vape on would be useful. Cheers.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the VT I generally have to turn up to at least 525F to get flavor with Ti! Don't be afraid to turn it up until you get the vape you want.

What tank are you using - the megatank that was packaged with the VT?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TI coils that come with the Ego One Mega tank leave a lot to be desired. The Ni200 coils are serviceable.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you using the ego one mega tank that came with it ? I would say that's your first problem :/

I love my evic but that tank is a piece of shit, I run my artic usually at 450f 40 watts cuz otherwise it gets absurdly hot.

But on my tfv4 I run it almost maxed out, 550f 60 watts and it's just right

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for replying guys. Yes I am using the tank that came with it. I have others I have never used like the Kanger Sub tank. But I want to buy a few good quality sub ohm tanks. Any suggestions? Nothing hugely expensive but rather pay more than buy a cheap tank. Cheers

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
On the VT I generally have to turn up to at least 525F to get flavor with Ti! Don't be afraid to turn it up until you get the vape you want.

What tank are you using - the megatank that was packaged with the VT?
Hello. on what wattage are you using with the 525 temp? Cheers

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
And, I'm finding I am using a lot of ejuice with this thing.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello. on what wattage are you using with the 525 temp? Cheers

I rarely use TC on that mod anymore, but when I was using the ego one mega TI clr coils I think probably around 40 watts. With the Crown coils I was using all 60 watts (but they need that much).

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for replying guys. Yes I am using the tank that came with it. I have others I have never used like the Kanger Sub tank. But I want to buy a few good quality sub ohm tanks. Any suggestions? Nothing hugely expensive but rather pay more than buy a cheap tank. Cheers

If you like doing your own builds I would suggest the TFV4.

Great tank, top fill, holds alot of juice, nice clouds and flavor but is quite a juice hog once you really start ripping on it.

If your not into building anything the Artic is great especially for temp control and the replacement coils don't cost an arm & a leg.

I hear nothing but great things about the Uwell Crown, I don't have one yet but everyone seems to love it.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The TI coils that come with the Ego One Mega tank leave a lot to be desired. The Ni200 coils are serviceable.

This is very true. The stock tank isn't actually that bad with the ni coils. If you are getting a new one I would suggest the uwell crown

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Joyetech in their infinite wisdom is going to use the same coils for the new Tron tank. Lets hope they come out with a new coil design for the Delta 3.

VU Sponsors