Become a Patron!

Joyetech eVic VT

I just purchased a Joyetech eVIC VT full kit and I am having some problems. The full kit comes with a eGo ONE Mega sub tank and two coils....one is a nickle and the other is a titanium coil.
The problem I am having is that once I filled up my tank with my juice and put the kit together, I locked in my Ohms like all the video say to do before even using the mod....I dont get a cloud like all the videos are showing!!!
I use the temp. side at 500 degrees, 60 watts, and my atomizer is locked in at .19ohms.
Can someone please help me on this problem? I would like to get a bigger cloud....seems like i get a bigger cloud with my eleaf and a regular tank that isnt a sub tank.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sheesh Turn it down...way too high..

I never understood this passion for something so silly, do you bake cookies at 500?? :)

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I never understood this passion for something so silly, do you bake cookies at 500?? :)
The coils that come with the mega one are rated for 500 to 550. Plus I watched a YT video where the VT temp is way off at the higher end of it's range.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My oven is rated up to 500 too :)

The temp will always go down, but me think thats a bit high. I have used this quite a bit. Rebuilt the coils several times. I know i posted it in the forums here, but in their stock form they need a little modification to really crank them up like you are wanting. Mainly with the juice hole. You can get rebuildable heads if you want.

OR

Get a subtank and toss it on there, BRA Ti wire and forget about anything else :)

DSC08421_zpsnz9pmsdw.jpg

C28BA8B3-9290-4057-B99D-1011224FDC01-8445-000003509E6F9BDF_zpsctn5aznb.jpg

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can read. really I can. Guy was here asking questions, I was simply here giving my results...yall have fun with this.

Maybe you should go HIGHER and see what happens

If i turn the temp down, I will not get anything, that is why I have the temp at 500 degrees. I'm not going to switch my mod to power mode due to I am smart enough to know that isn't smart with a titanium or nickle head

My oven is rated up to 500 too :)

The temp will always go down, but me think thats a bit high. I have used this quite a bit. Rebuilt the coils several times. I know i posted it in the forums here, but in their stock form they need a little modification to really crank them up like you are wanting. Mainly with the juice hole. You can get rebuildable heads if you want.

OR

Get a subtank and toss it on there, BRA Ti wire and forget about anything else :)

DSC08421_zpsnz9pmsdw.jpg

C28BA8B3-9290-4057-B99D-1011224FDC01-8445-000003509E6F9BDF_zpsctn5aznb.jpg

I thought the eGo ONE Mega tank was a sub tank!!! Am I wrong on this?

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I meant the Kanger Subtank...like the photo i posted

seems you have a problem with your tank. It should work at any temps. Does it work int VV mode?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The stock coil wick holes are tiny. The reason your vape is weak is the juice is almost all gone right away. And 500 isn't to high. Wet cotton won't burn till above 570. I vape mine around 500-550. Even cotton that looks dry isn't and won't burn at 500. I've been in the temp game since the first DNA 40 I was a early adopter. My suggestion is get a CLR head the Ti ones if you want bigger clouds with that tank. Or if your good at rebuilding drill the stock coils wick holes to 2mm.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I meant the Kanger Subtank...like the photo i posted

seems you have a problem with your tank. It should work at any temps. Does it work int VV mode?
No it doesn't work in VV mode either. All it does is get hot very fast....I even turned the watts down to 35 watts. A lot of people have said not to vape in the VV mode when you are using a nickel or titanium head due to the mod can burn up and cause damage to you.
Do you think I just need to get a different sub tank?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No it doesn't work in VV mode either. All it does is get hot very fast....I even turned the watts down to 35 watts. A lot of people have said not to vape in the VV mode when you are using a nickel or titanium head due to the mod can burn up and cause damage to you.
Do you think I just need to get a different sub tank?
Different tank or just get the CLR heads for the ego mega. The titanium ones are nice.

The stock coil wick holes are tiny. The reason your vape is weak is the juice is almost all gone right away. And 500 isn't to high. Wet cotton won't burn till above 570. I vape mine around 500-550. Even cotton that looks dry isn't and won't burn at 500. I've been in the temp game since the first DNA 40 I was a early adopter. My suggestion is get a CLR head the Ti ones if you want bigger clouds with that tank. Or if your good at rebuilding drill the stock coils wick holes to 2mm.

Thanks for the input....I'm going to buy some CLR HEADS first to see if this fixes the problem since this would be the cheaper way to go.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the input....I'm going to buy some CLR HEADS first to see if this fixes the problem since this would be the cheaper way to go.
You'll notice a huge improvement just get the Ti ones not the kanthal kind.

You'll notice a huge improvement just get the Ti ones not the kanthal kind.

When I buy the CLR-TI head, do they come pre built? Or do I need to buy the wire and the organic cotton at the same time?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They come prebuilt. But they give you the option to only rewick or even rebuild completely.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They're pre built. The work fairly well but still have a problem wicking max vg. 70/30 wicks just fine.
When I buy the CLR-TI head, do they come pre built? Or do I need to buy the wire and the organic cotton at the same time?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
26g titanium envy spider silk is a good wire to use CLR ti is the titanium wire coils

I just rebuilt my first CLR-TI coil. on my Joyetech eVic VT. well the first attempt put me at .05 ohms. I wrapped it 5 times and the mod wouldn't atomize, so I rebuilt it again with 7 wraps and now I am reading .84 ohms. I noticed that my mod automatically switch from the TI side to the power side...is this normal?

VU Sponsors