Become a Patron!

Juice Control Question

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi,

So I have two tanks with juice control, the herk plus and the steam engine. My question is how to properly use these with different vg juices? Do I leave it full open or close it off depending on the different levels?

Any help greatly appreciated!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi,

So I have two tanks with juice control, the herk plus and the steam engine. My question is how to properly use these with different vg juices? Do I leave it full open or close it off depending on the different levels?

Any help greatly appreciated!

My every day juice, Mohawk Vapors is 80/20 and 85/15. I also vape a few different Teleos juices that are 60/40 and 70/30. My go to tank right now is a Herakles Plus and I just leave the juice flow wide open. I have not had any issues with any of those ratios and juice flow control.

Which coil are you using in the Herakles plus?

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My every day juice, Mohawk Vapors is 80/20 and 85/15. I also vape a few different Teleos juices that are 60/40 and 70/30. My go to tank right now is a Herakles Plus and I just leave the juice flow wide open. I have not had any issues with any of those ratios and juice flow control.

Which coil are you using in the Herakles plus?
Thanks bud, I appreciate it.

I am using the stock one that came preinstalled, .4 I believe? I have a pack of the 316 and nickel but haven't gotten into them yet.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem. Its a great tank and both coils work very well. If you have a mod that does SS temp the 316 Herakles Plus coils are the best I've found for that purpose

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No problem. Its a great tank and both coils work very well. If you have a mod that does SS temp the 316 Herakles Plus coils are the best I've found for that purpose
sweet, i have a couple rx200's which I heard dont work that well for 316, but I do have a koopor 200 which I think will do it. Do you know the correct coefficient to use? I think it is supposed to be .00092 or something like that?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sweet, i have a couple rx200's which I heard dont work that well for 316, but I do have a koopor 200 which I think will do it. Do you know the correct coefficient to use? I think it is supposed to be .00092 or something like that?

I will check my VTC mini when I get home and get back to you.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Seems an important benefit of juice flow control is to prevent flooding, when refilling a top fill tank. Anyone know why some tanks, like the tfv4 and Crown, do not require jfc? Some, like the Arctic V8, lack jfc and are prone to flooding. Others yet, like the Bachelor and Crius, have jfc with an o-ring where the base is press fit as it screws into jfc at the bottom of the tank. At least in the Bachelor, it does not hold up well.

Curious about when jfc is needed for a tank or RTA, which ones got it right, and what to avoid. I get the idea of narrowing down the flow of thinner, higher pg juices, but again, some tanks seem OK without it.

Ohwatafool

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have had the same questions about juice flow vs non juice flow attys. The only tanks I've had/used juice flow on is my Kayfun and Serpent, so only in RTAs. My experience just like with @mikeyboy74 the only thing it's done for me is prevent flooding while filling the tank. I close off juice flow, open and fill the tank, hold the tank upside down and open juice flow. Other than that it's rocked wide open no matter what juice vg/pg ratio I have in there.

Just some views from a fool.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seems an important benefit of juice flow control is to prevent flooding, when refilling a top fill tank. Anyone know why some tanks, like the tfv4 and Crown, do not require jfc? Some, like the Arctic V8, lack jfc and are prone to flooding. Others yet, like the Bachelor and Crius, have jfc with an o-ring where the base is press fit as it screws into jfc at the bottom of the tank. At least in the Bachelor, it does not hold up well.

Curious about when jfc is needed for a tank or RTA, which ones got it right, and what to avoid. I get the idea of narrowing down the flow of thinner, higher pg juices, but again, some tanks seem OK without it.
I think there's too much going on to narrow it down to a certain couple things to check to make sure they're done right. I mean ideally every tank would fill great without JFC, it's been done, why not again? Well, because there's a ton of little things that can be overlooked that can throw a wrench in, so why not just add a JFC to make it less likely to have issues?

VU Sponsors