Become a Patron!

Juice Headache?

kacy h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone gotten a headache from certain juices? I have never had issues with any juices at any place i've got them until recently. A few different flavors from a company I ordered from cause me to have headaches. Not sure what it is because the flavors are so different, but out of 6 flavors, 5 of them have caused me to have headaches from this particular company. Anyone else?

Reactions: Hhh

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are they a different mix of PG/VG? Different flavors than you normally get? Higher or lower nic? Are they sooo good that you hit it more often? :)

kacy h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
same pg/vg i get everywhere else with the same amount of nic. the juices are good but i dont hit them any more or less. i can figure out what it is.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok.. the next thing to do it open up the bottles and let them 'breath' over night (in a safe place)... If the flavors used where Alcohol based, this will allow the alcohol to evaporate.

Sometimes, people will also use alcohol as a 'mixer' or 'filler'..

You can write them an email asking if they use alcohol based flavoring too..

kacy h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks I will try that!

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For some reason some citrus flavors give me a bad headaches. I can only vape a few. Then again I think I am citrus sensitive or something. I can drink 7up and I'm ok, if I drink seara mist I get a headache. If I drink sprite I get migraines. Like go to the hospital for the shot hospital. I can eat any citrus fruit, drink lemon aid and anything like that and I'm fine. It is the artificial flavoring.

kacy h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
some scents do that to me. ill end up feeling like im going to pass out or puke from them. vanilla sometimes has that effect on me. none of the flavors i bought have vanilla in them though. i like fruity stuff and these are all fruity. ive never had trouble with them before.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea i'd say nic is to high. I got headaches to. Its a sign nic level is too much. Ive read that with vaping you'll naturally decrease nic lvl, 18 may be perfect but after couple months you get headaches. Thats my guess. Worked for me goin down a bit

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
some scents do that to me. ill end up feeling like im going to pass out or puke from them. vanilla sometimes has that effect on me. none of the flavors i bought have vanilla in them though. i like fruity stuff and these are all fruity. ive never had trouble with them before.
You could be allergic to beaver.
I am scent sensitive also and some juices just auto place me into migraine land.

kacy h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
maybe they didnt measure the nic level correctly but it seems odd that i can vape one of their flavors okay but the other 5 i got make my head hurt. i dunno. i probably won't order from them again because of it either.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's why you find the beaver with low self-esteem, they are easier to catch and better back at the dam because they feel they have to compensate.

Don't like the ones with low self esteem. They are always worried you are visiting another dam. They also are also depressed about themselves and need constant handling. I prefer one with reasonable self esteem. One that is confident, but not an ego maniac. One that is sure of self.

Because I desire a partner. And I have that.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone gotten a headache from certain juices? I have never had issues with any juices at any place i've got them until recently. A few different flavors from a company I ordered from cause me to have headaches. Not sure what it is because the flavors are so different, but out of 6 flavors, 5 of them have caused me to have headaches from this particular company. Anyone else?
How much nic are they? Also what's the PG/VG ratio?

Same thing happens to me! I am very scent-sitive. I also have an issue with artificial citrus. I agree with the potential alcohol being in them. Let those bottles breathe baby!

This is why I've crossed over to diy. I know what I'm putting into my juices and I try to used as many natural flavor concentrates. Let me find the link....there is a San Francisco based company that makes all their concentrates from scratch using all natural ingredients.

Here it is: http://naturesflavors.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Reuven Tenam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never had any headaches from anyone's jice but, PG can cause some problems for people. Check the pg count and nicotine may be they put more then you asked for by mistake.

I realize this thread is old but I thought I'd reply anyway. I work for one of the top brand companies and i make juice daily for a living. We make juice in enormous quantities. I can say from experience that vaping most juices that have not had adequate time to steep before they were bottled will give most people headaches. If this is happening to you then u might want to try letting the juice sit open for a day or two. Shake it periodically and continue to let it sit. It is very rare to get juice with incorrect nic levels if you are buying premium brands from reputable stores.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I realize this thread is old but I thought I'd reply anyway. I work for one of the top brand companies and i make juice daily for a living. We make juice in enormous quantities. I can say from experience that vaping most juices that have not had adequate time to steep before they were bottled will give most people headaches. If this is happening to you then u might want to try letting the juice sit open for a day or two. Shake it periodically and continue to let it sit. It is very rare to get juice with incorrect nic levels if you are buying premium brands from reputable stores.
Really? Interesting. I DIY and rarely steep my juice at all. And I've never had a headache from vaping! But I rarely use over 8% flavoring.

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get a headache sometimes when I get on a flavor that I really like cause I cant put it down lol.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My guess would be a sensitivity to some particular ingredient that that vendor puts in most of their flavors, as part of the "base" perhaps.

I'm sensitive to some chemicals extremely, and others almost not at all -- ammonia makes my chest seize up, most disinfectants give me a feeling in my nose and sinuses like I've just inhaled gasoline and snorted a lit match, also most commercial perfumes except some vanillas and musks -- natural scents -- and bleach doesn't really bother me at all. It's just some kind of sensitivity, perhaps even a mild allergy. You might try to find similar flavors from a diff maker/vendor/brand, because they can differ a lot.

Andria

Reactions: Hhh

Cuppa noodz

Member For 4 Years
A lot of cinnamon flavors get me sick, but I've read that plenty of people have this allergy. I also feel crappy when vaping "bargain" juices, usually I blame it on poor quality nicotine.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Believe it or not, allergies can change, they aren't permanent. They can come and go.
Suddenly getting a headache from certain juices could be you developing an intolerance for something in the ingredients, like the PG if all these juices have a higher amount of PG in them. Or to a certain flavoring if they all have the same flavor in their recipes. If they are all from one vendor, it could be something the vendor uses, like an additive.

unfortunately the only way to figure out what is through a lot of trial and error.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Believe it or not, allergies can change, they aren't permanent. They can come and go.
Suddenly getting a headache from certain juices could be you developing an intolerance for something in the ingredients, like the PG if all these juices have a higher amount of PG in them. Or to a certain flavoring if they all have the same flavor in their recipes. If they are all from one vendor, it could be something the vendor uses, like an additive.

unfortunately the only way to figure out what is through a lot of trial and error.

Very true! You can't have an allergy until you've been sensitized to something... and allergies can change and moderate over time -- I used to have just dreadful summer hay fever, from grass pollen; it still bothers me a little if I'm outdoors and everybody on the block is mowing their yard, but it's a lot milder than it was in my childhood -- on the other hand, I have adult-onset asthma, so it seems that perhaps one of my allergies may have changed form? Since they don't really know for sure exactly what causes asthma, it's probably as good a supposition as many others. My cat allergy is quite unchanged from my childhood, but now there is (24-hr) Zyrtec, so I don't let that allergy run my life anymore -- we have a lovely lil tuxedo kitty. :)

Andria

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very true! You can't have an allergy until you've been sensitized to something... and allergies can change and moderate over time -- I used to have just dreadful summer hay fever, from grass pollen; it still bothers me a little if I'm outdoors and everybody on the block is mowing their yard, but it's a lot milder than it was in my childhood -- on the other hand, I have adult-onset asthma, so it seems that perhaps one of my allergies may have changed form? Since they don't really know for sure exactly what causes asthma, it's probably as good a supposition as many others. My cat allergy is quite unchanged from my childhood, but now there is (24-hr) Zyrtec, so I don't let that allergy run my life anymore -- we have a lovely lil tuxedo kitty. :)

Andria

I've had a similar experience....with Poison Ivy

When I was little my mother and I lived with her parents. We lived there until I was 13 years old. Being a hyper active kid, I spent my summers in the woods and river near his house. Pretty much every single summer I had Poison Ivy. Then suddenly when I was 12 years old I stopped getting it. Could even rub it on my arm and nothing would happen. Skip forward 15 years to somewhere around 2006, where I live currently. I have a hill behind my house and I went out to weed whack it in shorts and sandels. No big deal I thought, I don't get Poison Ivy. Guess What? I was wrong. I got Poison Ivy so bad that my ankles were like leather and it was even on the palms of my hands and bottoms of my feet (which are the most difficult places to get it). I couldn't even make a fist because of the Poison Ivy blisters deep under the skin on my fingers. Now I seem to be super sensitive to it. I get it if I just go near it, or even touch something that came into contact with it the *previous* year. Seriously, I will get Poison Ivy in the middle of winter if I touch an extension cord that was dragged through it over the summer time.

I have a bit of Poison Ivy on my ankle right now, no clue from where. Maybe when I was in the shed I getting the shovels out before the last snow storm my shoe touched some of the gardening stuff, then later touched something else that later gave me Poison Ivy. Now when I mow the lawn in summer, the only way to avoid getting it is to *immediately* take a shower after mowing. Take my sandals off outside, rinse them off with the garden hose, then run in to take a cold shower and wash my feet legs and arms right away to get the oils off.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've had a similar experience....with Poison Ivy

When I was little my mother and I lived with her parents. We lived there until I was 13 years old. Being a hyper active kid, I spent my summers in the woods and river near his house. Pretty much every single summer I had Poison Ivy. Then suddenly when I was 12 years old I stopped getting it. Could even rub it on my arm and nothing would happen. Skip forward 15 years to somewhere around 2006, where I live currently. I have a hill behind my house and I went out to weed whack it in shorts and sandels. No big deal I thought, I don't get Poison Ivy. Guess What? I was wrong. I got Poison Ivy so bad that my ankles were like leather and it was even on the palms of my hands and bottoms of my feet (which are the most difficult places to get it). I couldn't even make a fist because of the Poison Ivy blisters deep under the skin on my fingers. Now I seem to be super sensitive to it. I get it if I just go near it, or even touch something that came into contact with it the *previous* year. Seriously, I will get Poison Ivy in the middle of winter if I touch an extension cord that was dragged through it over the summer time.

My stepfather once got it from burning some yard trash that contained a little of it -- he got it in his EYES, from the smoke! I hope that my stupid immune system doesn't go haywire from the everyday Zyrtec for years and years. It would break my husband's heart to have to find a new home for our kitty, and I would miss her a lot too; she's part of the family now!

Andria

VU Sponsors