Become a Patron!

Juice question.

EdATX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got some "house blend" juice at my local shop and also got some I ordered online today.

Now, when I went to take nice puff, the stuff online hit like bricks and I would cough and did the whole throat burn. I switch over to my local and no problems, long draws, switch back, and cough, even on a small puff.

They are both a 50/50 mix and both are "supposed" to be 12mg nicotine.

Got me wondering if my local place mix is 12mg or not. Guess I will need to hit up another local shop and try one of their house blends at 12mg.

Would I be able to add more PG/VG to what I have if I really need to cut the nicotine down some?

Thanks for helping out a noob.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The things that come to my mind are: It could be that the quality of nicotine used by the house blend is more pure, whereas the online isn't and thus the online has a harsher aspect to it. It could be that the online one has a higher PG content than advertised, or that the house blend has a lower PG content than advertised. Or, it could be that the local house blend is using higher grade PG and VG than the online one.

Last edited:

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some flavors are harsh when too high as well. Burnt my throat with some FA Espresso and Cuban cigar I made.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It really could be anything.

The house blend could be off.

The other stuff could be off.

What kind of battery and tank are you using?

EdATX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Local blend is in sa Nautilus mini, other is in a iClear XI. Tried each on my MVP 2.0 and Mini 134 (has 18350). Tried diff watt settings on the MVP and diff voltage on the Mini.

My online stuff came from Mt Baker Vape and Vape Dudes. Have some from Rocket Fuel (really wanted Bomb Pop flavor) today. Has me a tad worried now. Most of mu juice is citrus. I had an orange flavor from the local and one that I got online. Local caused no issues, but online did;

Guess if all else fails, rather then just cutting with pg/vg, I could just order the same juice with 0mg nicotine and mix that way as to not loose flavor.

Crappy start to moving away from hookah/cigars. But all will be well.

EdATX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I picked up a free juice yesterday from my local place, and it killed my throat. Went back today and got the same with 0mg nicotine and a little extra VG and then did a 50/50 mix and I'm good. Don't know what it up with that since my other juice from them is 12mg nic. I might just cut back on the nicotine and go with little more VG next time around.

VU Sponsors