Become a Patron!

Just got a vape, doesn't taste right?

hey all,

I recently purchased and just recieved my new Herakles sub ohm tank with and eLeaf 50 watt mod. I left the .2 ohm in there and filled it up with some juice. I have used vapes before but this doesn't taste quite right. The flavor isn't there.

I started at 25 watts and slowly increased it to 35 (what I'm at right now) but it still has a bitter and completely unsweet taste. Any thoughts?

P.S. I did soak in the coils by dripping some liquid down there and let it sit for about 5 to 10 min...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the juice? Perhaps lower the watts, I have some that are at their "sweet spot" at around 15-17w.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you didn't wash the new tank before using it it's likely due to machine oil!

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The .2 coil will need at least 55 watts to get up and going, is there even any vapor?

I let it sit for a little while longer, the vapor and the flavor is starting to hit at high 30s. There was only a little bit of vapor at first. Should I use the .6 ohm coils instead for a 50 watt?

Its Roybot Tonics juice, "back spin"

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, the .5 ohm is as low as I've used and just went back and read that yours was .2. I would try that though, shame to spend out on a good juice and not be able to taste it.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coils take a while to break in as far as flavor. Give it till overnight. As far as the ohms reading, make sure the coil is screwed into the base tightly and check to make sure the connection on the bottom of the tank to the I stick is good. Could be a bad coil. It happens

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My isticks jump around really bad on some attys, and seem to stay spot on in others. Try to unscrew and rescrew, watching the ohms while you do it. All u can say is it's frustrating as hell

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
its actually kinda strange, I have the .2 ohm coil in but he iStick is reading that it's at .7 ohms...... wierd
Thats not right, are you sure it's not a .6 reading .7?

enigma2446

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My 0.6 reads 0.7 sometimes. Usually I clean the tank when that happens. Taking the coil out and using a qtip to clean the cenecting points from residual liquid that escaped. As for the the odd taste, could be any number of things. Bad cotton, bad coil, not soaking good enough.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Could also be over tightened. Squishing that connecting too tight can play havok with the reading.

slurve626

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to pull the pin up on my istick 50 once every day. When I don't the ohms jump around, and it makes everything taste like crap. I'll probably get a kbox since the price is down to $20 on vaporbeast

enigma2446

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to pull the pin up on my istick 50 once every day. When I don't the ohms jump around, and it makes everything taste like crap. I'll probably get a kbox since the price is down to $20 on vaporbeast
How long have you had your istick? Haven't had any problems with mine.

slurve626

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like 2 or 3 weeks. I've only had a subtank mini on it and I think it just has a poor connection between the two.

enigma2446

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like 2 or 3 weeks. I've only had a subtank mini on it and I think it just has a poor connection between the two.
Correct me if I'm wrong but does the mini have a flush 510 pin on the tank wear it dosnt stick out at all? My genitank was like that and had consistent problems with the connection.

enigma2446

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes. I wonder if there is fix for that
Unfortunately there isn't unless you can find a round copper spacer the same diameter and about 1mm in thickness to extend the pin on the tank side(not recommended). Could try taking a pin from a different tanks base and fit it on the mini to extend it. Other then that it's time to find a different tank. Herakles is what I use and absolutely love it.

slurve626

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unfortunately there isn't unless you can find a round copper spacer the same diameter and about 1mm in thickness to extend the pin on the tank side(not recommended). Could try taking a pin from a different tanks base and fit it on the mini to extend it. Other then that it's time to find a different tank. Herakles is what I use and absolutely love it.
I'll look into that tank. Does it have a rebuildable deck?

So I was still getting the .7ohm reading today so I decided to check and make sure that the coil was .2, turns out it was actually a .6. I was under the impression from reviews I had seen/read that the Herakles came with a .2 and a .6 ohm coil so the user could get a feel for each, guess I was wrong. Works well now, clouds nice with a good amount of flavor, I've found the sweet spot to hit around 40 to 42 watts.

One question though, why is it leaking so much?

enigma2446

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I was still getting the .7ohm reading today so I decided to check and make sure that the coil was .2, turns out it was actually a .6. I was under the impression from reviews I had seen/read that the Herakles came with a .2 and a .6 ohm coil so the user could get a feel for each, guess I was wrong. Works well now, clouds nice with a good amount of flavor, I've found the sweet spot to hit around 40 to 42 watts.

One question though, why is it leaking so much?
The newer stock of the herakles comes with that. The older stock comes with 2 0.6 coils. It's just a matter of when they were manufactured. And ya my sweet spot is between 40-43 depending on flavor.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A mechanical Mod with a good battery can fry the shit out of your hand. It hurts for days.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand more than some. I have almost everything there is to buy. I still have saved thousands more than cigarettes would have cost. Being here is a great thing for US both. Got EGO & this.SAM_1840.JPG A mere display. Vaping is cool, breathing is better.

Last edited:
I just got the herakles plus about 4 days ago...when I got the tank everything was great. Taste great, great clouds, the whole nine yards..after about 2 days its started to taste funny so I took it to the place I got it and they said I need a new coil..bought a pack of coils put a new one in, primed it good and let it sit for about 20 minutes and it still doesn't taste right...I have the uwell crown with the same juice out of the same bottle and the crown tastes perfect and the herakles tastes funny and ultimately gives me a headache...so today I took everything apart and cleaned it through and through and still no better...I'm vaping strawberry milk from captivape and its awesome...anyone have any suggestions? It can't be the coil cause I've changed it out like 3 more times hoping that somethjng would be different...I love the tank but I'm ready to throw it in the trash and buy something different!! Help! Lol

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome, :) I have been told in you inhale too hard you can get a headache. The cotton in your coil could be the problem. All I can do for you without seeing it. :cool:

VU Sponsors