Become a Patron!

Just got a variable voltage usb power source.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just recieved this cool device for 5 bucks from Ebay. It's a variable voltage device, except there's no battery. You plug it into a USB port and it powers ego tanks.

I've had issues with cheap clone ego batteries shorting out and firing on their own in the past, and perhaps that's my fault for being an amateur rebuilder. But since this device has no battery, do I have a limit of how low I can make the resistance? It can make it up to 4.8volts, but is there a limit on resistance? I'm guessing the lowest resistance an ego battery such as a spinner can take is 1.5 ohms, but can this usb device go lower?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The usb is limiting how much power can be pushed. .5 amps.
USB3 can do .9.

Sorry but usb varibles are old news and never really worked well, and yes even pushing 4.8v there is a limit on the resistance.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BigNasty is correct. They were popular for a very short time back when cartomizers and ego's ruled the vape scene. The biggest gripe is that they were not powerful enough to produce adequate vapor.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On another note I would be more leery using it. Dig around you will find stories of them catching fire or destroying your usb ports or even your computer... and for FUCKS SAKE DO NOT USE one of those outlet dongles/thingies that plug into your wall... bad shit will happen.

VU Sponsors