Become a Patron!

kanger aerotank mega.

So I'm having a problem with my tank leaking. It's works fine for a few times then starts to get gurgly And then finally leaks...alot. the wic I currently have in it is a 2.5. this one works way better but yet it's causing leakage. This is the only size wic I have problems with.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm having a problem with my tank leaking. It's works fine for a few times then starts to get gurgly And then finally leaks...alot. the wic I currently have in it is a 2.5. this one works way better but yet it's causing leakage. This is the only size wic I have problems with.

I had a similar problem with a Kanger Protank 3. It was because I'd inadvertently removed the seal between the head and the chimney. Is this the short chimney head or the long chimney style head?

I had a similar problem with a Kanger Protank 3. It was because I'd inadvertently removed the seal between the head and the chimney. Is this the short chimney head or the long chimney style head?
Well I took it to my local vape shop yesterday and apparently I had the wrong kind of wic in the tank. I had a single coil instead of a dual coil in which I told them this is the wic you originally told me to get. So they gave me a brand new right size wic free of charge. But now my husband's isn't working and we don't why lol

Well I took it to my local vape shop yesterday and apparently I had the wrong kind of wic in the tank. I had a single coil instead of a dual coil in which I told them this is the wic you originally told me to get. So they gave me a brand new right size wic free of charge. But now my husband's isn't working and we don't why lol
Whats a chimney head? Lol

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dual_Coil.jpg This is probably the coil you are using.

Last edited:
Yes the coils on the left were the ones that were making my tank leak. So the lady switched it out for the ones on the right. But for some reason I get more vape with the ones on the left lol

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes the coils on the left were the ones that were making my tank leak. So the lady switched it out for the ones on the right. But for some reason I get more vape with the ones on the left lol

As someone who has used both, the ones on the left worked better for me and had better wicking.

Oh I see. What a good coil for.mine? I have a 1.5 in now that I got 2 days ago and I already have to exchange it out. I feel like I go through them too fast

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I see. What a good coil for.mine? I have a 1.5 in now that I got 2 days ago and I already have to exchange it out. I feel like I go through them too fast

What's the VG/PG ratio on the juice you're using. You want to stay around 50/50. I used some 65/35 in my Protank one time. The coil got clogged up bad. That could be what's wrong with it.

So, what is your husband using? These coils work with almost all recent bottom coil Kanger tanks. What battery is he using?

He's using one of the huge orange batteries. He's got a big mod. He's using a aerotank mega replica. He's always having problems with It. Especially with it tasting burnt. But now it doesn't work at all. And for sure we know it's his tank bc I out my tank on his mod and it worked

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's using one of the huge orange batteries. He's got a big mod. He's using a aerotank mega replica. He's always having problems with It. Especially with it tasting burnt. But now it doesn't work at all. And for sure we know it's his tank bc I out my tank on his mod and it worked

Huh... The only thing making contact with the battery is the positive post of the coil head and the 510 threads of the tank. Does the head screw tight into the tank?

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I made sure I screwed it in tight. He's tried a 1.0 and 1.5 and nothing has worked.

Huh... if it's a big regulated mod it should be be able to take read the ohms of the coil. Has he taken his mod and tank to the vape shop? They should be able to figure it out quickly.

VU Sponsors