Kanger KBox

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using my new KBox on and off for a little over a week now and I like it pretty well. It's certainly no match for my Cloupor Mini, but I got it for under $25, which made it well worth a try, and I'm pretty fond of Kanger's products anyway.
It's good for a beginner. Nothing complicated, lightweight, actually kinda "chintzy" to me, but I wasn't after fancy anyway. It's variable wattage only so if you like to go back and forth with wattage and voltage, this one isn't for you. It's got its high and low points in general, like any of them I suppose.

*The wattage increments start at "8", then "13", then up to "20". Nothing between 13 and 20, which kinda bugs me. I have a couple of liquids that are at their "sweet spot" on 15-17 and I have no option to do that. From there it goes in 5w increases until it maxes at 40.

*I like the button. It doesn't wiggle or wobble, not stiff to push but not overly sensitive either. And when you press it, it fires - no delay like the C.Mini. And I just think it looks cool....;)

*There's a cut-out on the front to display the Kanger logo, but it also acts as a vent for the battery. If you don't mind seeing the battery in there, it's no drawback. I also kinda like the finish for the plain and simple reason that it's a brush type that doesn't show fingerprints and won't scratch very easily.

*I suppose this is the thing that bugs me most, the battery cap. Cheaply done, in my opinion, takes a few more turns to get it off than I'd like (maybe my smaller hands?), but the worst part for me is putting the cap on when installing the battery. That metal-on-metal noise and the fact that it's a bit stiff and hard to turn - then again, could be an issue with smaller hands....perhaps an ever-so-thin layer of wd-40?

* Not that much bigger than my C.Mini. It does fit well in the hand, comfortable grip. My Nano works well on it, as well as a couple other tanks that my Cloupor doesn't recognize. Also does well with the 510 to eGo adapter to accommodate a few atomizers I'm still fond of. (BTW, no adjustable pin like the C.Mini)
All in all, it's nice if you don't need anything fancy. Certainly not top of the line, but it gets the job done. Very good for a beginner, simple to understand, and I've not had any problems with it. I've taken to carrying it at work for the simple reason that I wouldn't be heartbroken or out a lot of money if I dropped it. Highly recommended for a beginner or as a spare.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'd like to second Teresa's review. She covered it pretty completely. Mine has a stiff battery cap too but I tried another one and its cap was silky smooth. I'd only add that I've dropped mine probably half-a-dozen times and it's still working fine. A good, reliable, sturdy device.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cap on my black one is smooth as silk. Perhaps they saw the flaw in the first one.....
However the cap on the black one has a bad case of worn paint, showing big silver scuffs. And neither of mine have been dropped. I do use them well though....

VU Sponsors