Become a Patron!

Kanger Subtank coil issue/question

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got a Kanger Subtank and it has the .5 ohm coil installed. Prior to filling I checked the coil and then put in on my Ohm meter. Instead of .5 it is reading 1.75. I then tried it on another device and it is also reading 1.7 ohms. OK I changed the coil and put the 1.2 ohm coil in and it is reading 1.45. What may be causing this? Granted I have not filled it with juice yet but should the coils still not be reading properly? So if I wape this and it is reading 1.7 ohms will it still vape properly? By this reading at 1.7 ohms all my devices should fire it.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got a Kanger Subtank and it has the .5 ohm coil installed. Prior to filling I checked the coil and then put in on my Ohm meter. Instead of .5 it is reading 1.75. I then tried it on another device and it is also reading 1.7 ohms. OK I changed the coil and put the 1.2 ohm coil in and it is reading 1.45. What may be causing this? Granted I have not filled it with juice yet but should the coils still not be reading properly? So if I wape this and it is reading 1.7 ohms will it still vape properly? By this reading at 1.7 ohms all my devices should fire it.

I don't know what may be wrong with the heads, but is it your device that is reading them? It is odd for both heads to be that far off. My .5 was .4 and my 1.2 was on point. I expect it to possibly be .1 off one way or another. Have you checked your mod or ohm reader your using?

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 ohm readers and also checked it on an MVP They are all reading the same. They are reading my Nautilus correctly.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps you've got a bum set of coils, or they are not tightened into the atty base enough. My coils that came with the atomizer read .48 and 1.25 respectively.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have taken them out and screwed them back in. Now my question is if I use these and they fire there any danger potential?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a regulated mod, nope. Just make sure the coils are saturated with ejuice.

Pull out the bottom pin on the head and look at the leads to make sure there are no shorts (wires touching where they should not). When you fire it, the resistance may drop all of a sudden. I've wrapped coils and checked them and they were 1 ohm, fired it and squished the coils together to make a nice micro coil and the resistance dropped to .6Ohms.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bad COIL...rebuilt the coil or use it as RDA since you own an ohm meter I assumed u build ur own coils
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone drilling holes through the coil screws yet? Or can we buy a set?
This wrap around up under a screw is so 1960's if you ask me.

VU Sponsors