Become a Patron!

kanger subtank mini help!!!

Hi iv been vaping for a few months now and bought myself the subtank mini to go with my sigelei 30w mini box mod. Done everything im suppose to (pre drip the coil etc) but its like vaping poison! Tried both 0.5 and 1.2 coils with different juices and at different wattages but with the same result! Plus the vape is super hot even at 15w with the airflow fully open and i can only take half second hits. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What mg nicotine are you using with it? Anything higher than 6mg and you will be gagging

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Check the settings on your mod.

Sometimes I forget the presets and I have accidently gone to a higher setting than I thought.

Im using 6mg and its like drinking battery acid plus all the flavours taste the same! UncleRJ yeah man kept an eye on my settings and all wattages are giving the same results!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
maybe you got some bad wicks? to be honest I've never heard anyone saying the flavor from the subtanks is anything less than amazing (including myself).. let alone tasting like battery acid- also .. not sure how you know how that tastes ;)

did you wash the thing before you started using it? they can come with some machine oils on them right out of the package - only thing I can think of?

The only thing i thought it could be was the wicks. All the reviews do say how amazing the flavour is which is why i was so excited to get it! I have seen one other person post on another forum with the exact same problem but thats it! First thing i done was wash it because i didnt want to be vapin on machine oil.
Thanks for all the help so far peeps its much appreciated!
Oh and i only drank battery acid one i swear!

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What were you using prior to the Subtank?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with VapedCrusader - if you don't wash subtanks before you use them they do have that awful machine oil taste. The subtank flavor should be extremely good.

I'v ordered some replacement coils, should get here in a couple days. I'll give them a shot and let you all know how i get on. Thanks for the help once again.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'v ordered some replacement coils, should get here in a couple days. I'll give them a shot and let you all know how i get on. Thanks for the help once again.

It's unlikely to be the coils. Just wash out the subtank and try again (did you use both coils that came with it? If so, wash out the tank and just put in the same juice).

Yeah i washed the tank before i used it and tried the 0.5 coil then cleaned it out swapped to the 1.2 coil with different juice and it was exactly the same :-(

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pull the wick out. And place in a new wick. You may of burnt them on start up.
My first try on mine pre soaked the coil and the .5 ohm. Started out very low. And worked up. The factory occ I could not get above 22 watts. But was great below that.
Finally rebuilt the occ to a .4 and very little wick and wow. I can hit this thing right up.
The first occ were hot went and bought a diffrent tip for mine and solved the issue.

Wildcoy73 never thought i might have burnt them by watting up to fast. When i get my new ones i'll try break them nice and slow

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It works. I came from an orbit vortex at 2.4 ohm cheap thing right into the istick 50 and mini. A buddy told me since this was my first time to start low and work up. Very easy to rewick the occ. Tweezers and a needle to pull old stuff out. And than just put a little cotton back in. And cut tight to the occ. Stuff it back into the holes. I rewick mine every other day.

Quick update. Tried to rewick the occ and jacked the coil like a fool! So i stuck on the rebuild and now im getting much better flavour. Only problem im having now is the vape is super hot even at 15w with the airflow wide open. Is it just because its 0.6ohm and im using 6mg juice or am i just failing hard?

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a .4 ohm coil in the rba head wicked with regular organic cotton not the square junk it came with and vaping at 20 watts. BOOM the flavor is amazing and it's just barely warm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You may have gotten heads that were old stock. PBusardo, in his original review, had a head that was terrible tasting. My guess is you had coils with hot spots, since you were getting a really hot vape, or you got one of the "old" version heads that were burnt tasting.

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi iv been vaping for a few months now and bought myself the subtank mini to go with my sigelei 30w mini box mod. Done everything im suppose to (pre drip the coil etc) but its like vaping poison! Tried both 0.5 and 1.2 coils with different juices and at different wattages but with the same result! Plus the vape is super hot even at 15w with the airflow fully open and i can only take half second hits. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Have you ever SubOhm vaped before? I've been vaping over 2 years, and I take mouth hits off other tanks, but you need to lung hit your Subtank. I put the entire drip tip in my mouth, and take a good lung hit. I'm using a 50watt iStick and Subtank Mini; I have it set at 24.5w right now, and I love it. But my husband, who doesn't lung hit it, coughs and chokes.

It feels hot if you mouth hit it; my first SubOhm hit was too hot because I did it wrong. I'm betting this is all it is.

VU Sponsors