Become a Patron!

Kanger Subtank Mini vertical coil

huntermusgrove

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So i picked up the sub tank mini just to build on the RBA section. I tried many different vertical coils/horizontal coils, this is the best flavor I can get thus far. The only drawback is the the coil is 2.4 mm and I wanted to get a soild 3 mm but getting the shape wasn't working 11051547_10152796896713721_2108785339_n.jpg 11051122_10152796896798721_1031722929_n.jpg 10984781_10152796896858721_2120882230_n.jpg 11051342_10152796896883721_1683001556_n.jpg

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
any details on how you wicked it? I'm curious myself as to how you did it, looks like something I wanna try as well. looks good!

huntermusgrove

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
small strip of japanese cotton wrapping around it but make them touch the juice channels...may need to make the channels bigger for this build though gets warm quick

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What's the resistance on that? I'm thinking I want to try out a build like that when I get my mini. My box mod has decided it doesn't like reading my OG Subtank in RBA mode......

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have an Ohm reader so I'm curious, how many wraps using 24g kanthal would be sufficiant on the Subtank?? Also what drill bit size?

Thanks

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have an Ohm reader so I'm curious, how many wraps using 24g kanthal would be sufficiant on the Subtank?? Also what drill bit size?

Thanks

You should have an ohm reader. They're <$10 and are essential for safety if you're going to be building your own coils. You can calculate the resistance using http://www.steam-engine.org/ but that won't tell you if you have a short or what the final resistance is. If you value your face get an ohm reader.

huntermusgrove

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
okay okay lol its reading at 0.35 to 0.38 depending on how you do the leg lengths for tightening the coil down. MAKE SURE that you clip the tails very close to the screws or you will have a short. It should be easy enough. Also, im going to drill out the juice wells today and look into opening up a secondary airflow for the base.

huntermusgrove

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the new updated RBA section also have peek insulators so going down to around .25 would be the lowest id suggest if your'e trying to push the subtank to its limits but that would require modifying the juice wells to keep up

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should have an ohm reader. They're <$10 and are essential for safety if you're going to be building your own coils. You can calculate the resistance using http://www.steam-engine.org/ but that won't tell you if you have a short or what the final resistance is. If you value your face get an ohm reader.

Yea, I know I should have one. I try to stick with the same build that I know is safe and if I have any doubt I go to my local B&M to use their Ohm reader. I typically use a 6wrap 24g build on my 4nine (Tobh) V2. So with that Im comfortable building on and being safe.
I was asking about the Subtank because Im not as familiar with buliding on it and havent done so yet. Which is why I was asking.

Thanks

VU Sponsors