Become a Patron!

Kanger top tank mini coil suggestions?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure which ssocc coil to buy.

I use two types. Wattage, mainly 30-50watts, and 18650 mechanical mods. So which coils are recommended out of the 4 available from KT?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ended up ordering the same coil I am using now Point 5ohm

Last edited:

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've been trying to get an answer to this myself. I ended up getting t he SSOCC .5 and now I have leaking issues... I want to start doing the coils myself which is on e of the reasons I'm here but learning DIY takes precedence because I'm pretty broke and I'm not sure if I'm sticking with my Kbox mini. I've had it since January but it's really heavy. I have damaged ulnar nerves in both arms so the weight, as it is,is aggravating my problem.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been trying to get an answer to this myself. I ended up getting t he SSOCC .5 and now I have leaking issues... I want to start doing the coils myself which is on e of the reasons I'm here but learning DIY takes precedence because I'm pretty broke and I'm not sure if I'm sticking with my Kbox mini. I've had it since January but it's really heavy. I have damaged ulnar nerves in both arms so the weight, as it is,is aggravating my problem.
Do you have the KBox mini in platinum like i do? It is heavier to me then the regular KBox minis. Check the little Oring on the coil where it connects to the chimney! I use both occ, and ssocc. No issues. Lately I see a little more amount of vape from the square occ and the occ has accurate ohm readings where the ssocc coils are weird values. Higher then stated ohm or less.

I used the tiny RDA that came with the box mini kit and the gold subtank and they works good! Can't wait for my real 24mm RDA to arrive. I got 24 or 26awg kenthal wire locally for a dollar and Japan cotton for 5 shipped eBay. Vaping can be a cheap hobby, if u scope out deals. Beats a carton of smokes which is what now $65? Lol I remember when a carton was $31.99 maybe it's the California prices but, it looks like I'm off to a rant.

Last edited:

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Skip the Nichrome and Nickel. If you can find SS316 coils, I'd go with those, if not, the Claptons.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yes I have the platinum. I was thinking maybe the ring;) are they replaceable?

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Do you have the KBox mini in platinum like i do? It is heavier to me then the regular KBox minis. Check the little Oring on the coil where it connects to the chimney! I use both occ, and ssocc. No issues. Lately I see a little more amount of vape from the square occ and the occ has accurate ohm readings where the ssocc coils are weird values. Higher then stated ohm or less.

I used the tiny RDA that came with the box mini kit and the gold subtank and they works good! Can't wait for my real 24mm RDA to arrive. I got 24 or 26awg kenthal wire locally for a dollar and Japan cotton for 5 shipped eBay. Vaping can be a cheap hobby, if u scope out deals. Beats a carton of smokes which is what now $65? Lol I remember when a carton was $31.99 maybe it's the California prices but, it looks like I'm off to a rant.

Wait... I misread. Which ring? Do I just clean it off?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait... I misread. Which ring? Do I just clean it off?
This one:
706497dac0df13d25ad4395b9194ee01.jpg

The red Oring inside! It's what keeps it from leaking into chimney...

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Which ring? They're all replaceable, but where are you getting leaks? Are you sure the seals are nice and tight? That you're not loosening them when unscrewing for filling?

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The juice comes leaking out of the airflow valves. I was wondering if it was the tiny ring on the other end. How do you upload pictures?

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The ring was pretty gunked.up as you can see and well the second is self explanatory

Attachments

• 1471699736811-1481129871.jpg
    1471699736811-1481129871.jpg
    778.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 1471699891780678488960.jpg
    1471699891780678488960.jpg
    810 KB · Views: 8

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you tried using another head? This might just be a bad one. If that doesn't help, you may not be seating them properly in the threads and cross-threading. If not that, then you are probably loosening when top-filling. And last, if not that, then you probably aren't cleaning/clearing condensation from the base regularly. Once a day is fine and you can do this by rolling the corner of a paper towel to a point and soaking up through the air flow holes.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Since I posted those pix took it all apart and cleaned it. It's kind of difficult for me and fine hand motor skills so it doesn't get done as often as probably necessary...Silly Occum was telling me to start with cleaning but I hate listening to that guy lol

Attachments

• 1471700101176-547858925.jpg
    1471700101176-547858925.jpg
    892 KB · Views: 4

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Probably you've heard this already, but in case you haven't...

When seating threaded parts, slowly go left (counter-clockwise) first until you hear/feel the click. Now it's seated. Go right/clockwise until it's finger tight. You don't need to, nor should you, ratchet it down to a reasonably strong man's "hand tight". In other words, it should be just as easy to remove, without tools, but not too loose, finger-strength tight.

I have noticed that some people exhale, partially, to almost fully, back into their devices, even if they don't leave them in their mouths. Believe it or not, due to the Bernoulli effect, you will actually push more air into the drip tip than if your mouth was on it. This forces vapor back down the chimney and into the airflow/condensation collection area. This can collect a surprisingly larger amount of condensation daily.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks so much! I can't tell you how much I appreciate this! I HAVE noticed myself doing that! I'm trying to self regulate

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Probably you've heard this already, but in case you haven't...

When seating threaded parts, slowly go left (counter-clockwise) first until you hear/feel the click. Now it's seated. Go right/clockwise until it's finger tight. You don't need to, nor should you, ratchet it down to a reasonably strong man's "hand tight". In other words, it should be just as easy to remove, without tools, but not too loose, finger-strength tight.

I have noticed that some people exhale, partially, to almost fully, back into their devices, even if they don't leave them in their mouths. Believe it or not, due to the Bernoulli effect, you will actually push more air into the drip tip than if your mouth was on it. This forces vapor back down the chimney and into the airflow/condensation collection area. This can collect a surprisingly larger amount of condensation daily.

Ok my last question... I just cleaned everything out, put the coil back in and it wasn't dry but now everything tastes burnt?? This is so frustrating. I'm gaping 80/20 between 23 and 25? I still have to go deeper here to find optimal wattage but I find that it's a little more difficult these days to sift through ALL this info but since you have one can you share with me your preferred settings?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok my last question... I just cleaned everything out, put the coil back in and it wasn't dry but now everything tastes burnt?? This is so frustrating. I'm gaping 80/20 between 23 and 25? I still have to go deeper here to find optimal wattage but I find that it's a little more difficult these days to sift through ALL this info but since you have one can you share with me your preferred settings?
Did you prime the coil? Before installing? I wait about s minute after filling tank. Sometimes I'll press fire at lowest wattage and blow to get things going. I have zero issues with my tanks.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yep I primed it last night and it was working great e felt for the leaks. Now it's not leaking but tastes burnt. Should I have re-primed it?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep I primed it last night and it was working great e felt for the leaks. Now it's not leaking but tastes burnt. Should I have re-primed it?
Burnt? Probably just burned the cotton now everything will taste burnt with that coil. Replace cotton or coil. I have twice burned coils doing that hitting a dry coil at 50w lol turns the cotton BLACK

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Check the ohms reading and make sure it's close to the nominal ohms for that coil. Quite a few TC devices out there will misread ohms initially. Reseating the atty seems to help most of the time.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Burnt? Probably just burned the cotton now everything will taste burnt with that coil. Replace cotton or coil. I have twice burned coils doing that hitting a dry coil at 50w lol turns the cotton BLACK

It wasn't dry. I don't vapeland at 50w and the cotton isn't black.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Check the ohms reading and make sure it's close to the nominal ohms for that coil. Quite a few TC devices out there will misread ohms initially. Reseating the atty seems to help most of the time.
I purchased a new coil at a store last night and the drip leak stopped but after a couple hours of great vaping, back burnt taste? I have a brand new box of coils that produce great taste but leak non-stop. I am so freaking over this I'm going back to the Nano or something that doesn't have too many settings. The directions manual sucks and I've searched for months for some/a good video that explains how to set up the control settings. It gives me a headache which isn't hard to do since my fucking TBI...

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I purchased a new coil at a store last night and the drip leak stopped but after a couple hours of great vaping, back burnt taste? I have a brand new box of coils that produce great taste but leak non-stop. I am so freaking over this I'm going back to the Nano or something that doesn't have too many settings. The directions manual sucks and I've searched for months for some/a good video that explains how to set up the control settings. It gives me a headache which isn't hard to do since my fucking TBI...
Your not trying to use 100% vg r u?
I stuck some real drip honey thick shit in the tank and it stopped getting anything. Even if I pushed in the cotton on the side holes of the coil.

I think u have fake coils or something.
I payed about 16 for a pack of ssocc coils. Anything less seemed like fake Chinese crapola

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If you c would suggest a YouTube video ill give it a try. Performing fine motor skills with my right hand is tricky for me these days :( or beg my husband to help!

Although I'd switched my coil out Sunday night and that seemed to fix the leaking problem, it started up again tonight. Ill have to try because I can't afford a coil every three days...

VU Sponsors