Become a Patron!

KANGER????

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, so the original release dates for the sub tank were for the end of November. Now it is mid December. I have seen some spots doing preorder. One of my major gripes is the cost. Everytime Kanger has put out a tank for the last year (and they're doing it pretty rapid pace) the price has jumped. kanger was a affordable company that has always put out a decent product. The protank was one of the bigger steps in vaping for a minute, IMO.

The sub tanks are looking like they will be in the $50 range. WTF, where are they going next. Were chasing costs of higher end tanks and these are china mass produced tanks. Even if they work well, $50 for a Kanger tank seems a bit up there. When they come out with a new tank in a month or two after this is released is it going to be $75?

We're starting to chase Kayfun prices at that point. Kanger, where does it stop. We haven't even addresses the fact that head shot up in price too. I haven't bought a new kanger tank for a while, bit when I used them 1 of 5 in a pack was usually DOA.

Maybe it is just me, but I think they are starting to push a limit.

On that note, I still want a sub tank :). I'll wait for the new tank to come out in a few months and buy a sub, they should go down a little, or will it stay around $50 and we see the next major price jump?

RANT OVER!!!

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The price will fall as they saturate the market. Remember the Aerotank mega, and it's original $45 price point? Same for the Aspire products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The price will fall as they saturate the market. Remember the Aerotank mega, and it's original $45 price point? Same for the Aspire products.

I know, that's why I'm going to sit on ot for a while. I just think that its getting a little nuts. Even $$35-40 seems like much for a mass produced china tank. We are starting to see authentic that are being sold for 50-60ish. Look at the 454 the most Ove seen one for is $75 and I know it isn't a tank, but it seems like some US companies are seeing reason and china companies are chasing the other direction.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If the quality of the machining is there; I couldn't care less where it comes from.

When was the last time you saw a quality, rebuildable Authentic tank for less than $35-40?

You haven't lol

Even the bloody Fogger retails in that range. Obviously you CAN get them cheaper, but you get what I'm saying man

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wont buy another tank style atomizer unless it has an adjustable center pin and replaceable delrin insulators, to much of a risk to have to junk it in six months. That being said, the new aspire CF subohm battery and Atlantis has peeked my interest for movie time, nothing worse than having to pause a movie to drip lol.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If the quality of the machining is there; I couldn't care less where it comes from.

When was the last time you saw a quality, rebuildable Authentic tank for less than $35-40?

You haven't lol

Even the bloody Fogger retails in that range. Obviously you CAN get them cheaper, but you get what I'm saying man

No I get it, I'm just bitching lol. I'm really liking the rda idea it offers. The deck looks kinda kayfunish more than an RDA, but you're right that kanger usually makes a solid product. They break a lot of ground too. The T3/evod was a game changer. The T2 knocked all the ce4 and novas out of the water as well, they were more affordable in the past though for sure.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vapor Beast has it in stock....trying to resist.

The Motley Vapor

Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
ordered one last night from vapor beast and ya the price is high but if it does what they claim ok i have just abought every tank they have love them all even though the coils suck i rebuild my own with 32ga and cotton will post if it lives to the hype hope so

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

My buddy just did an updated review, with the latest production revisions

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, well, ahhhhh, I have to say something. I have not looked at the rest of this thread. Just putting it out there. The sub tanks have been out a little bit now. People seem to love it. So, well, I spent an hour of my life I can not get back watching Phil's review. I do not do this much. People pay attention! I retract my bitchy rant about Kangers price for the sub tank. Assuming it will hold up to the tests of time, this is one hell of a piece of gear. If you can get a tank that blows clouds that rival A well built dripper at 15 watts and will stand next to a kayfun with a RDA head in it, $50 isn't bad at all. I must say when I seen how easy it would be to rebuild the factory heads it was a pleasant sight. I was hoping the RDA head would be more like a dripper that didn't need dripped, bit even performing like a kayfun with a killer airflow works for me. This is next on my list and here in a few weeks I am on it. I do not say I am wrong very often, do not need to. I am right most the time. In this case I was wrong. I thought about it this way as well. I do not have a issue paying $25 for a decent RDA with a good deck. If you look at it that way, you buy a cheaper RDA and get a nice tank that takes factory heads. Right about how kanger priced their stuff in the past. A protank 2 was $20. Add the Rda for another $20. Yep it is right where it should be.

Cant wait till I get my hands on one. Finally a decent cloud and good vape on my IPV2 that will add so e battery time.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
www.kanger-mall.com sent me one of these bad boys for review. Tracking says it will be here this afternoon. I'm quite excited!

I think you will enjoy it a lot. Between this tank and the Eleaf Lemo you're set for life. You already have the Davide and Aerotank V2 so technically your tank shopping days are over:cool: Happy Holidays my friend:)

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well it vaped well with the .5 head. I broke down, mixed a bottle of smoothie freeze, cleaned the tank and hooked up the RDA. Flavor is really good. It is not as good as a standard RDA, but it is better than my Kayfun. If you thought/think this is going to be like a RDA with a tank, don't. I seen PB video and knew ahead of time it was a more standard rta.

The airflow drops dramatically even with all three holes open. It breaths better than my Kayfun, but it is nothing like a open RDA. As far as a kayfunish vape gos, its pretty damn good. I wish there was a little more airflow to get an easier lung hit.

Mouth to lung hit is pretty impressive as far as vapor production goes. I am using max vg with .001 distilled water to break it a rid bit. I used the dual coils on it, gave everything a good clean and dry burned the coils befor I wicked it with the included cotton.

Considering any rebuildable is bases off the build on the device, performance may be better when I put my own build on it. The two coils take a decent amount of the RDA cap. With a single micro, the airflow may jump dramatically because there is more room in the camber. I'm cleaning house and had errons to run so I didn't have time to do a full build on it my self.

I wanted to try it so I used their coils and cotton.

I'm still impressed with it vs my Kayfun. Flavor is almost night and day, more vapor than the kayfun et....

No big lung hits with RDA is Easley fixed with prebuilt heads. People who are looking for that are already buying heads for their Atlantis tanks, so shouldn't be a big deal.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the Subtank far more than the Kayfun, more options to work with and better flavor. This is just the beginning for them, Kanger is a good company, been at the game for a long time. Build your own, use stock coils or older Aerotank coils. Good for new or experienced vapors alike. Organic cotton is the way to go no doubt. Hope it becomes standard in the industry in 2015.

VU Sponsors