Become a Patron!

Kangertech 0.0 Volt Problem , Won't Fire

Hi, i have a vape problem i think u guys can help me, i have a vape which brand is Kangertech Topbox Mini, it wont fire when i press the button, always says 0.0Voltage, never changes, i changed the battery but it wont respond, i thought i had a problem with atomizer , i used my atomizer into my friend's vape kit, it worked ,functioning. so there are no problems in battery and atomizer. After that i opened the curcuit there were no cut cables, what can it be? , If u guys try to help me my question i will be gladful, Thanks...

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm familiar with this box... it was my very first actual box mod. Good mod for the price. It still works even 2½ years later. But I digress.

0.0 volts means you are getting an atomizer short. That means that something is interfering with the connection between the 510 pin on the device itself and the atomizer. Do you have any Q-tips? If so, you might try cleaning around the 510 pin, bottom of the tank, etc. Sometimes juice leaks in there, and this will cause an atomizer short. Or if you're using the RBA deck, you might check to make sure the coils are properly secured (tighten down all the screws, check to make sure the coils don't move easily, are not touching the sides of the deck, etc.) The RBA on the Topbox Mini is a royal pain to build on because it's so small. I never really used it. I just went with a standard RDA. Much easier to get working.

Also, I sometimes find that disconnecting the atomizer from the box and reconnecting it sometimes fixes atomizer shorts. Barring that, take it to your vape store. They might be able to help you.

Last edited:

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remove the tank and battery. The entire atomizer should unscrew from the top of the box. Once you have the tank off, take a small Q-tip, dip it inside a bottle of rubbing alcohol (don't get it too saturated or you risk shorting the box), and rub the Q-tip all around the grooves where your atomizer was, as well as the small copper pin in the center of the hole. That is your 510 pin. Once you've done that, take the other end of your Q-tip and use it to remove any excess alcohol. Repeat the process for the underside of the atomizer. Then make sure you've eliminated all traces of alcohol from both the tank and the 510 connector on your box. Insert the battery, reattach your atomizer and attempt to fire.

You may have to play around with it a bit before it starts working again. You might also try reseating your coil. I find that sometimes works as well.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps the resistance of the Baby beast coil is too low for the mod?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps the resistance of the Baby beast coil is too low for the mod?

Or, the wire is burnt through snapped in two, the wire touches metal aside from the posts and shorts, the mod's circuitry fried itself, the mosfet/s blew to protect the user, the planet Saturn is in waxing, earthworms are in the soil and not burrowed, the tide on Pluto is counter-clockwise today. Those last three exists in my reply to account for poop happening as a factor.

The point being that many times without actual hands on product, it is extremely difficult to discern the error. If we as visitors here are given a lot of information regarding the situation, product, what you did before it happened, what you've done to remedy ... we can possibly offer some basic trouble shooting helps but that can only go so far ... in relation to the information given.

Consider the above paragraph a bit of an apology, justification. We are not deliberately attempting to read as being snarky, or smart asses. Sometimes that creeps in despite our best efforts at thwarting it. We do not intend to belittle or make less of anyone's troubles. We actually do desire helping. :)

Last edited:

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with the above. Tear everything down, tank in particular, as far as you can and clean. As noted, usually a 0 reading indicates that power isn't getting to the atomizer. Try a different tank on the mod if you have one.

Hello again, U can see the Atomizer resistance of course , i showed in the Youtube video :D (0.4 ohm) :)))

I tried everything to atomizer completly works. 510 pin, coil etc.)

There are no problems about the with atomizer folks, i suppose the problem with MOD

How can i solve the Mod problem?. Any Advices?

I checked every cables which are in Mod, no problems btw

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello again, i can see the Atomizer resistance of course , i showed in the Youtube video :D

I tried everything to atomizer completly works. 510 pin, coil etc.)

There are no problems about the with atomizer folks, i suppose the problem with MOD

How can i solve the Mod problem?. Any Advices?

I checked every cables which are in Mod, no problems btw

Minor note, not everyone can, or will play Youtube videos, all of the time. For example, I tend to avoid ones that are overly general and do not have a speaker (human/animation) facing the viewer so as to read lips, or closed captions worth a darn.

I'm running Linux and presently only as a guest on my wife's computer. Got some difficulty with a sound card we cannot figure out & between us we have about twenty years experience on Linux and just as much if not more on Windows/DOS. I will admit to not looking at your video, my apologies. I was kind of occupied by some various other distractions, not that your video in itself is a distraction, merely life can get one burning too many candle ends.

From what you are conveying here, it seems to be a Murphy error. Welcome to the database of people that damn Murphy guy causes problems. :) We are an elite group of people, truly we are. :hug: I apologize also for not having any further suggestions. It seems you've checked through everything i would consider looking over.

At this point it might still be a MOSFET error of some kind. With circuits and such, I get stumped as I've no advanced degree in electronics. It may even be something as odd as a screen circuit fouling due to gap spacing the atty base from the mod base where it connects to the atty. I simply do not know and do not fear saying that, it happens, even to those who seem to be our betters.

i saw a capasitor dead inside, will it change the more effectively of Mod's behaviour ?, i dont think only 1 capasitor can f*ck whole the circuit board

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i saw a capasitor dead inside, will it change the more effectively of Mod's behaviour ?, i dont think only 1 capasitor can f*ck whole the circuit board
Yes it will, the mod will not work with a burnt capacitor.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wismec does make some sturdy mods. I've been using an RX200S the entire time I've been vaping (almost 3 years now), and my mom was using it for a year before that. It's still going strong. Haven't had a single problem with the 510. Only problem I've really had with this mod is the paint chips off easily on top where you put the tank on, hence mine looks like it's been through a cat fight with Freddy Krueger.

However, I will say this: Their track record for QC seems to be rather dubious at best. My mom had a Predator a few months back. That mod gave her trouble a couple weeks after she bought it. Either the device wouldn't power on at all, or the mod would seemingly stop firing at random, and when it did work, every once in a while it would burn her hand when she fired it. My friend took the mod apart and tracked it down to a faulty wire inside the device. Part of the insulation had been badly burned to the point where it was showing bare wire, but it was still making enough of a connection for the device to keep firing. Scary stuff. I did some research on Wismec products, and there seems to be a pattern of varying issues with their mods. My friend has even had quite a few of them returned to him defective. Smok seems to be the way to go if you intend to buy a regulated device, although I can't speak for mechs, as I don't mess with them. My friend seems to like VGod mechs a lot though.

Do your homework and read reviews before purchasing.

Last edited:
Went thru tons of YouTube videos and read forums. My fix (after cleaning it all, only to still give me the 0.0 error... I replaced the coil, and fired up properly. Before tossing your vape, taking it in for repair or purchasing a new one... replace your coil.
Best of luck

VU Sponsors