Become a Patron!

Kangertech 0.8 coils

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Vapingunderground community. I am posting this post because I just had a question about the Kangertech 0.8 ohm dual coils. First, my kit is just an Aspire cf vv 1300 mah and the tank I currently use is the Kangertech Genitank. I was wondering if the 0.8 ohm coils would work with my tank and battery or do I have to get a higher ohm coil?? I am a noob so please many helps and thank you. I just ordered like 5 of them without even knowing if they would work ;(

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Having not used these I can't say for certain, but I would think that while it may fire it wouldn't be recommended. These smaller twist style batteries weren't made with sub-ohm in mind and unfortunately Aspire's website doesn't list minimum resistance for this battery. I would stick with higher ohm coils on these pen-style batteries myself.

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Having not used these I can't say for certain, but I would think that while it may fire it wouldn't be recommended. These smaller twist style batteries weren't made with sub-ohm in mind and unfortunately Aspire's website doesn't list minimum resistance for this battery. I would stick with higher ohm coils on these pen-style batteries myself.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I just went out and bought 1.5ohm coils. I didn't want to risk breaking anything. Maybe in the future if I upgrade my battery I will use the 0.8 coils.
Is there any mods that you would recommend if I wanted to use the 0.8 coils?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Most typical ego batteries are limited to 1.5 ohm from my understanding...You would want a minimum of 30 watts to fire those .8 ohm coils...30 watts is good for a .4 ohm as long as the wire gauge isnt too thick.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Youll get bettery battery life if you go up on ohms with those ego batteries...1.5ohm is pushing it to its limit degrading battery life.

You maybe get too hot of a vape fully charged then as the voltage drops it gets better then it starts to suck then its dead

with a vv vw device its consistent till the battery is depleted which is a far greater amount of time than 1300 mah...My 30 dollar mvp 20 watt is 2600 mah.

You can get a better vape even with a higher ohm coil on a better device in general...my mvp 20 watt device on 1.8 ohm at 8 watts is pretty darn nice with an inferior tank over what you are using...im just using evods, a protank 2 mini and one emow tank.

Just something to consider.

VU Sponsors