Become a Patron!

Kangertech Aerotank Mega leaking juice

CheekyV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
:eek: Picked up a Kangertech Aerotank Mega at Vapefest this weekend.. been vaping beautifully until today. Liquid is leaking out of the airflow hole and i have no idea why. Surely the coil shouldnt have gone so soon? Its not overfilled either so im stumped. Any ideas?
This is my first serious tank so any help appreciated. Previously using an Aspire ET with no problems whatsoever.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
replace coil and make sure the air hole is pointing up when you vape.

I have found I get 4 days to a week off my aerotank coils as opposed to the two plus weeks I get on my nautilus coils...

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:eek: Picked up a Kangertech Aerotank Mega at Vapefest this weekend.. been vaping beautifully until today. Liquid is leaking out of the airflow hole and i have no idea why. Surely the coil shouldnt have gone so soon? Its not overfilled either so im stumped. Any ideas?
This is my first serious tank so any help appreciated. Previously using an Aspire ET with no problems whatsoever.
I don't think you can overfill the mega can you? It's made so you get that space at the top.

Edit: CheekyV, have a read here, scroll down to the Complicated paragraph http://spinfuel.com/kanger-aerotank-mega-vaping-julia/

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet I know. Pearl from cigabuy told me about the same problem. I bet it is a sealed environment. When it is opened to fill, ect, it creates a minute amount of pressure when you put it back together. Juice has nowhere to go but out the air hole. Turn it upside down open it and close it again. Release the pressure problem solved.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet I know. Pearl from cigabuy told me about the same problem. I bet it is a sealed environment. When it is opened to fill, ect, it creates a minute amount of pressure when you put it back together. Juice has nowhere to go but out the air hole. Turn it upside down open it and close it again. Release the pressure problem solved.
That's right. I even have to do that with my kayfuns when side filling. Well sort of. I have to fill it a bit. Pull the needle out to allow the air pressure to release. Then do it again. I do it about three times. This solved my leakage issues.

CheekyV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will try those tips but i forgot to mention that when i took it to bits and looked at the coil, some of the threads had come out and when i wiped it some more came out. My hubby has had the same problem!! Can you put any other coil in it, my friend said that the threads are cheap wire and it shouldnt do that?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just to add the to the informative info everyone else informed you of.. Kangertech has new coils they came out with for the whole Aero tank line..
The old ones had one hole and it was large and at times I had it flood they since have now started shipping the newer ones with the new coils which have 4 holes two on each side These are far superior and vape much better no leaks ever.. Also I have seen with my Aerotank Giant that the coils that came with it looked like as if they put the worst of the batch one haha would not even work I though my mod was messing up the other just flooded no matter how I adjusted the airflow... Change the coil as others have already said and always before you use any tank make sure to wash it out really really well there are times that a bit of machine oil can get left :) have fun I love the Mega the Giant is just huge but I am looking forward to the Turbo just for its pure insanity ... Godspeed

CheekyV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aww thank you for all your comments, hopefully i can resolve it now. I so dont want to give up on the Mega, its a lovely vape. Will post up how i get on.
Mrscaryz do you have the name for the new coils, thanks? :D
Take care everyone :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aww thank you for all your comments, hopefully i can resolve it now. I so dont want to give up on the Mega, its a lovely vape. Will post up how i get on.
Mrscaryz do you have the name for the new coils, thanks? :D
Take care everyone :)
No Kangertech I do not believe said much about it I can tell you that the way to tell is the ohm's the new ones are .8 ohms 1.2 ohms and up the old ones were .8 ohms and 1.0 ohms and up so if you find a shop that has a drop down list and you see these then you know then are the new ones.. you can even ask .. good chance they may not know I can send you some links today later on.. I was up as I had some work to do tonight need sleeps send me a PM (conversation) and I will gather them I just got them in gosh last Saturday. :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think you can overfill the mega can you? It's made so you get that space at the top.

Edit: CheekyV, have a read here, scroll down to the Complicated paragraph http://spinfuel.com/kanger-aerotank-mega-vaping-julia/
haha you might be able to overfill it there is the Q-tip trick you put a q-tip in the drip tip side and push it up then fill the tank all the way haha then you push in the bottom with the coil and it is about 95% or less filled haha I do it sometimes just for kicks but it does add a bit :) so maybe you can overfill it

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bottom coils for Aero Mega should do it. Where you get them dear is up to you.
There are two types dude not counting any generics from FT but from Kangertech there is the new version which is superior.. soon nobody will notice as all the old ones will be out of stock just a FYI...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have a Mega yet. I am just trying to help. At least type in aerotank Mega on ebay, should see some pictures. I do it all the time before I buy certain things.
Ohh Ebay has some great deals man just gotta watch out who you are dealing with I buy stuff from there all the time but from the trusted vendors that actually have a online site besides ebay..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have a Mega yet. I am just trying to help. At least type in aerotank Mega on ebay, should see some pictures. I do it all the time before I buy certain things.
Ohh its cool man I just have a habbit of over helping its my nature or over pissing someone off depends :) you are cool I only jump in on things I truly know about .. conjecture and hip shooting is best left for those that wish to partake in such actions ;)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do have a Pro tank 2 & 3. It's just about the same thing. Before Joe opened this wonderful place I call home, I was so screwed. It was hit & miss @ best. Now if you have not done so, go to Vapor Joes put your reason to STOP the FDA before it's too late. Last day to be heard!

VU Sponsors