Member For 3 Years
So how do you like yours ?!

PTQsldO.jpg

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Following. The only thing thats kept me from getting one is the battery door kinda scares me.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is the usb better than the mini?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
love the size of this compared to the snowwolf
the SW gives me a better vape, more consistent power
waiting for my SS wire to come in and try TC

Aspenvalleyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm debating between a Cuboid or KBox 200 but haven't seen too much feedback yet on the Kbox.

That's a tough choice. I'd say choose which one you prefer aesthetically. They are both sleek mods that perform well. The upside to the Cuboid is the firmware updates, but supposedly KangerTech will be releasing firmware updates for the KBOX's as well.

give it a little squeeze on the sides before sliding it in, holds pretty well... no rattling at all, only a slight gap on my black one ... but it does not really move

+1 on this. It seems a little iffy at first, but giving it that squeeze will hold everything tight.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Forgot to ask is the 510 spring loaded

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Supposed to be spring loaded, but not as springy as my snowwolf, it does move. HTH.

Got my 316L SS in... Tried TC for the first time... Smooth vape, but seems to be missing flavor... 26g / dual coil / 3mm / 10 wraps / .33 ohm / 420 F ... Also seems to heat up the base of my Crius more than on 40w, which I normally vape on with kanthal. Pointers anyone?

Last edited:

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rewicked ..... Set to 480 .... Much better vape.... Think I had too much cotton there when I put it to 3 mm... Switched back to 2.5mm coils.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Got my 120w today. Gap city with the serpent RTA. Aromamizer sits flush.

Edit - I was just reading some serpent threads. Seems some of the serpents have long 510's. I don't have any of my other mods with me to check the serpents fitment.

90492cd0c3b9a3e411f9ec4b0b5b65df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got my 120w today. Gap city with the serpent RTA. Aromamizer sits flush.

90492cd0c3b9a3e411f9ec4b0b5b65df.jpg

What are your thoughts on the battery door i just cant get over that.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It fine for me, but my iPV d2 is pretty much the same.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks great @africamonk, I'm really interested in the new Kanger line up. I heard its firmware upgradable, is that true? I don't understand all the fuss over the battery door, I really like that style. The one one my IPV D2 is similar and it's as solid as a door can get. Does the Kanger door use ball bearings?

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looks great @africamonk, I'm really interested in the new Kanger line up. I heard its firmware upgradable, is that true? I don't understand all the fuss over the battery door, I really like that style. The one one my IPV D2 is similar and it's as solid as a door can get. Does the Kanger door use ball bearings?

@skt239 it is supposed to be firmware upgradeable, but no software yet. the door is just a slide on, with no magnets... holds pretty well on my unit

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@skt239 it is supposed to be firmware upgradeable, but no software yet. the door is just a slide on, with no magnets... holds pretty well on my unit
From the reviews I've seen the door does seem to hold well. I asked about the ball bearings because the IPV D2 uses the same type of door only with ball bearings.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The door has been solid after about a day of use. It has a sort of tongue and groove connection that locks it in. I don't foresee any problems with it.

I have noticed that it doesn't do a very good job reading resistance when I switch tanks. I've had to fire the mod before putting a new tank on for it to update the ohm's.

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have noticed that it doesn't do a very good job reading resistance when I switch tanks. I've had to fire the mod before putting a new tank on for it to update the ohm's.

I'm having similar issue when changing tanks .... also having a problem with it reading one of my Crius tanks ... keeps giving me a flashing 9.99 ... take the Crius, put it on the Snowwolf and works perfect .... :mad::(

11thcup

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got to play with one of these for a bit at my "local" (45 min away) vape shop. Had trouble reading my Sapor. First try it read my .8 build at less than .2, took it off, wiped off all the contacts and tried again... 9.99. RDA off, hit fire button, RDA on again, and It read fine. It hit comparably to my coolfire IV at the wattages that I use.
I loved the size and feel of it. Light, pocketable, and easy to use with one hand.
The battery door seemed OK. It didn't move while on, and I had to hold it by the door and jerk it pretty hard to make the mod fall from it. I imagine the squeeze adjustment that we hear about ipv d2s would help there.
Overall, it's a strong contender for my next mod. For the price, size, and power, I liked it a lot. My next paycheck might end up short the price of a kbox 120 and a pair of hg2s

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The reading and contact problems are pissing me off .... Will try my white 120 and see if it is better, if not... Will be getting rid of both, as I have a Cuboid arriving by Friday.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered the kbox 120 along with a Cubis for my best friend. He's been smoking for 20 years and he's finally interested in vaping. I really hope this ends up being a decent setup for him. I wanted to get him something simple. This one just has watt adjustment for power mode and temp adjustment for TC coils.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I went and ordered the r200 think I'll be a lot happier with it than the kbox.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I went and ordered the r200 think I'll be a lot happier with it than the kbox.
RX200, perhaps?

That's the way I'm leaning atm. That or possibly the Wismec Classic 150W. Unless I just say "screw it" and get another eVic-VTC Mini. Or something else... :confused:

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@vuJim just get them all. ;)
Yeah... uh... no :). Limited, very limited, budget. Whatever mod I buy next, will be my last new mod for a while. One new mod. One new RTA. Maybe another RDA. (Aeolus Lite, Sapor or Steamboat, I'm thinking.) Maybe a 521 Tab. (Do Not Need, but want.) Some wire. Maybe some Clapton. I'm getting kind of low on Native Wicks, too. Oh yeah: And batteries for the new mod.

That's it!

Oh yeah: And a really good blueberry juice. But that's it!

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah... uh... no :). Limited, very limited, budget. Whatever mod I buy next, will be my last new mod for a while. One new mod. One new RTA. Maybe another RDA. (Aeolus Lite, Sapor or Steamboat, I'm thinking.) Maybe a 521 Tab. (Do Not Need, but want.) Some wire. Maybe some Clapton. I'm getting kind of low on Native Wicks, too. Oh yeah: And batteries for the new mod.

That's it!

By the time you finish the list, there will me many more new shinies! Then a new list will spawn. :D
My Cuboid is missing via USPS, I'm already looking for a new mod and tanks. :(
The addiction is real. :rolleyes:

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

That's it!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A stop order has been placed on mod purchase for me until after tax time. I'm trying to decide between a SW 1.5 limited or a cubious. Considering the windfall of cash. I'll probably be able to sneak in both.

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A stop order has been placed on mod purchase for me until after tax time. I'm trying to decide between a SW 1.5 limited or a cubious. Considering the windfall of cash. I'll probably be able to sneak in both.
I still have that Snowwolf in white.... I can paint it black for you. :p

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
RX200, perhaps?

That's the way I'm leaning atm. That or possibly the Wismec Classic 150W. Unless I just say "screw it" and get another eVic-VTC Mini. Or something else... :confused:
Nope the smok r200 the rx is just to big for me want something that fits in my pocket.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Supposed to be spring loaded, but not as springy as my snowwolf, it does move. HTH.

Got my 316L SS in... Tried TC for the first time... Smooth vape, but seems to be missing flavor... 26g / dual coil / 3mm / 10 wraps / .33 ohm / 420 F ... Also seems to heat up the base of my Crius more than on 40w, which I normally vape on with kanthal. Pointers anyone?
Get a Griffin lol

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi guys so quick question on the 120/200 kbox. I got my 120 (still waiting on 200 to be shipped) and am trying to figure out the best way to get the batteries out of the sled easily? just put a nice mark in the top of my brand new sony vtc4 with my fingernail trying to pry it out of there! I know I am probably an idiot and there is some easy way to change them out, but I am a bit lost on what that might be!

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you're interested in a single coil RTA the Serpent may be an option. Love mine.
just ordered 2x Griffin, Zephyrus v2, and an Aromanizer!
Hi guys so quick question on the 120/200 kbox. I got my 120 (still waiting on 200 to be shipped) and am trying to figure out the best way to get the batteries out of the sled easily? just put a nice mark in the top of my brand new sony vtc4 with my fingernail trying to pry it out of there! I know I am probably an idiot and there is some easy way to change them out, but I am a bit lost on what that might be!
pull from the middle of the battery, on the side of the mod... should come out pretty easy.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
sounds good, I'll give that a try next time. I appreciate ya! :)

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The reading and contact problems are pissing me off .... Will try my white 120 and see if it is better, if not... Will be getting rid of both, as I have a Cuboid arriving by Friday.
Based on your hardware thread: I guess we know the results.

11thcup

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, we'll soon have another data point, as I broke down and rolled the dice on a 120w. Even as close as they are in price to the 200w, most of that extra 80w seems like a pipe dream when you consider likely limits on voltage and amps (neither of which seems to be an easy spec to find).
Anyway, wish me luck, and I'll report back when I get some time with it.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

On mine, there's a little indent on the battery sled. It's right about in the middle of the battery. It lets you get a little more leverage with your finger to pop the battery out.

e3b2502e4213514ebfd876e3188bd503.jpg
8c182ca9ab67e66d611e61755afbdfbc.jpg

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On mine, there's a little indent on the battery sled. It's right about in the middle of the battery. It lets you get a little more leverage with your finger to pop the battery out.

e3b2502e4213514ebfd876e3188bd503.jpg
8c182ca9ab67e66d611e61755afbdfbc.jpg

Nice man, I see it now! I appreciate you pointing it out, I was admittedly lost without a traditional ribbon!

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Seem to have figured out a solution to not reading a new atomizer properly.

Unscrew atomizer.
Fire mod.
Should flash 9.99
Screw atomizer on, once done flashing, fire mod... It will ask if new coil ... Been working every time so far.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seem to have figured out a solution to not reading a new atomizer properly.

Unscrew atomizer.
Fire mod.
Should flash 9.99
Screw atomizer on, once done flashing, fire mod... It will ask if new coil ... Been working every time so far.

Yep, that's what I've been doing. Still sucks that we even have to mess around with it. Seems like a huge oversight by Kanger.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors