Become a Patron!

Kangertech Mega Help!

Hi there!
Brand new to this site. I bought the Mega yesterday, and it's super harsh. Like I can't take a long drag, without coughing up a storm. I haven't changed the vape juice I use. It has a strange burnt taste, but it's new...?!
I'm sort of new to all this, so I thank you in advance for your help and advice on what to do!

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
What resistance are the coils and what is the MG of the juice

Saskgal3366, I have had similar issues, there is a couple things I have done to help stop this from happening, I use .5ohm ss coils, first, make sure you prime it good, if you can, drop a little under the coil on the very top of the cotton, then I usually let it sit on my mod for 5 minutes. I turn the wattage down to 20 and take a few hits, after that I turn it to my desired wattage, 33, and vape on that till the coil goes. I have had coils that from the start where bad and after soaking them in my spare kangertech tank for week, still just burnt it and treated horrible. Hope this helps and happy vaping!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Probably came with 3 coils? a 0.5 ohm, a 0.8 ohm and a rebuildable with some cotton and 2 prewrapped coils?

So I am thinking you probably used the 0.8 ohm factory made coil, and started the temp/watts a bit to high. Pretty much nothing you can do with it except toss it. the 0.5 will take more volts, so is a bit more forgiving,
When ever you start a new coil, turn your mod down low, and work your way up.
I always use the rebuildable.. so if i get a dry hit.. i just pull the cotton and rewick..

VU Sponsors