Become a Patron!

Kangertech Subox Mini HELP PLEASE

So recently I purchased a Kangertech subox mini. I use 100% VG juice and I am extremely new to vaping. I put the juice in as recommended (filled up to the point described and saturated the coils wth the juice). When I take puffs, I get nearly ZERO cloud/vapor and a small burning taste in my mouth. I washed all the parts to see if it was dirty and that was causing the issue, but the problems still remain. I also think that small spurts of the juice come out of the drip tip while attempting to vape. Please help me.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So recently I purchased a Kangertech subox mini. I use 100% VG juice and I am extremely new to vaping. I put the juice in as recommended (filled up to the point described and saturated the coils wth the juice). When I take puffs, I get nearly ZERO cloud/vapor and a small burning taste in my mouth. I washed all the parts to see if it was dirty and that was causing the issue, but the problems still remain. I also think that small spurts of the juice come out of the drip tip while attempting to vape. Please help me.
Welcome to the VU! :wave:

Have you made sure the airflow is completely open?

Welcome to the VU! :wave:

Have you made sure the airflow is completely open?
By this do you mean changing the airflow setting to the most-open one? If so, I have tried all airflow settings and have had the same issue, especially the issue where I have less vapor/cloud.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What ohm is the coil? What wattage are you running it at?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Can you take a couple pictures of the tank.... especially a close up of the airflow slot and one looking down into the drip tip.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have tried both the given .3 ohm coil and the .5 ohm coil and have tried a wide range of wattage from 7-50. All have had the same issue.
the .5 coil should be ran somewhere between 15 and 30 watts if memory serves me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sounds like wattage too high and burned coils.
Once factory coils are burned then no good.
Also if you wash them in water they have to totally dry back out before use.
Like 24 hours.
Water does not vaporize well in an atomizer.
If your wicks are full of water that may well be your problem.

sounds like wattage too high and burned coils.
Once factory coils are burned then no good.
Also if you wash them in water they have to totally dry back out before use.
Like 24 hours.
Water does not vaporize well in an atomizer.
If your wicks are full of water that may well be your problem.
If I used the coil before it was fully dried is there still hope in the coil?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Once it's been burnt you can't get that flavor out. If it was just wet, yes... if you open it up and let it air dry long enough.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I used the coil before it was fully dried is there still hope in the coil?
Maybe but if you burned the cotton is will always taste burned.
It will have to completely dry out from water in it before you can tell for sure.
remove it from atomizer and put on some paper towells or something to let dry in the open air.

fyi ecig juice can only have a single digit percentage of water in it and still vaporize well.

A water wet coil will only give you some hot air and no flavor or vapor to speak of.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
If I send pics of the coil would you be able to tell if it was burnt?
If you look straight into the coil and everything is black... that's a good indicator that it's burnt. Going on the assumption the coil is fairly new. However, dark juice will make everything black as well.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you do a new coil put a few drops of juice down the hole in it before filling the tank.
Start at maybe 20W and bump it up 5 watts at a time till you get a decent vape. If you start tasting any burnt flavor back it off 5 watts or more.
Once you figure out what works with that resistance coil then you can set it the same for the next one.

I wish I could give more detailed wattage for the .5 and .3 coil but I have not used a factory coil in my Subtank mini for 2 years.
I use the RBA deck and wind my own coils and wick em. Much cheaper if you learn to do that off of Youtube videos. just search on Subtank Mini RBA.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The tank looks okay... but that coil looks like a clone. I've been using subtank minis for over 2 years and have never seen a coil with an orange oring in it. Does that orange oring seem to be loose at all?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile