Become a Patron!

Kangertech Subvod Mega TC - Leaking Issues (First Kit for me)

Ravenfraust

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys,

Just recently started vaping and quit the cancer sticks for good about a week ago. Everything is going well and dandy apart from the leakage issue. It doesn't leak like a waterfall, but if I blow into the airflow, there will be juice coming out. Anyone out here who uses the same mod can help me out?

1. If I switch to the 0.5 ohm coil and the power mode, the waterfall begins and won't stop, even while I'm vaping.
2. In the Temp control and 0.15 ohm Nickel coil, the issue seems to be fixed, but there is still some leakage now and then and when I blow out the airflows, it leaks quite a bit.
3. When I refill the tank (It's a top fill) and even let it sit for like 10-15 mins the first 5-10 hits are horribly strong with flavor. I use a 0 mg nic & 80/20 VG/PG ratio juices. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

Any kind of constructive input would be helpful!

Thank you all :)

Edit: Also, I tried whipping the mod while the juice is filled to see if the top filter had any juice coming out, there was quite a few drops splashing. Did it in front of a mirror which made it quite obvious. That's precious juice flowing right out! :O

Last edited:

Ravenfraust

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Bump! Any advice on this? I wanted to try out Power mode so I switched to the 0.5 ohm coil that came with it and the issue is there is waaaaaaaay too much juice in my mouth now :S

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Sounding like the top gasket/seal is a smidgeon of a millimeter off or torn some where. Try replacing the gasket, if not there then it is in the seating gasket underrthe coil head, make sure the head is seated down snug, if it is try additionally taking the old coil head gasket off and put it under the new coil head gasket. Another being top fill could be pressure when closing it up after refill, screw the top cap down just enough that the gasket is gripping, flip the tank upside down and do the final seating, close the air flow off before doing this, then once seated open the airflow up, this will allow air instead of juice out to relieve the pressure generated. Another leak cause could be to much vacuum, when you hit and pull causes this vacuum, to hard a pull without the proper airflow to alleviate some of the negative pressure created, pulls more juicee than necessary that the coil can't vaporize off fast enough, try pulling less as hard.

Clearing the tank/coil of flooding make sure to flip the tank over placing a napkin over the mouth piece and blow through the bottom air inlets, this puts air in the tank at the coil to be pulled with the negative pressure created.

Bottom coil designs like this work of some pretty nifty physics, vacuum, pressure, viscosity, and the elasticity between the surface of liquid meeting air, unbalance just one and its all types of mess. These can be affected by heat (ambient temperature betwee n indoor and outdoor or the heat of the coil), a rise or fall in altitude, how hard you pull, etc. But from your description it is a gasket issue, to hard a draw, the 0.5ohm coil not generating enough heat to vaporize off juice fast enough or the coil heads do not have the proper cotton wicking packed tight enough, the 0.15 nickel coils sound to be functioning properly, all tanks, especially bottom coil ones, will leak a bit, dynamics of liquids are in play.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

vapemesilly

Member For 4 Years
I have the same unit. After about a month or so, it started leaking through the airholes. Did it a lot. I took it all apart, washed it out real good, let it dry and then put in a new coil. I made sure the gasket on the coil seated properly. It hasn't leaked since.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have the standard Subvod. I'm getting the mega today. I have been using the std Subvod for 6 months. I was a smoker for almost 50 years and decided to give this a shot. I've not had a whole cigarette in the entire six months. Two or three times I'd tried a cigarette and I couldn't handle the taste at all. I threw them away after a couple of puffs. My wife still smokes occasionally and I can't even tolerate the smell.
I found that if you don't screw the top cap on the tank properly the liquid just pours out the vent holes. If you don't clean the unit from time to time the vape tastes sub-par and the coil won't wick properly. These machines can be disassembled into about eight or nine parts and cleaned thoroughly to maximize performance. These units are purported to leak more than those of other manufacturers but I've had no problems that weren't caused by my own error or neglect. I bought an Ego AIO Pro C last week and that machine spits hot juice into my mouth constantly. It's like an e juice sippy-cup. I'm back to the Kanger and off to buy another. Good luck with yours.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If, after you do as vapemesilly suggested, you're still having leaking problems, maybe you should buy a new set of gaskets for it and swap them out. They're dirt cheap. The reason it's leaking is because air is getting into the tank somehow. Ensure that your coil is screwed in dead straight. I've had coils on my Subvod go in slightly askew and then they wouldn't make proper contact with the battery. It would just blink three times when you try to fire it up. I don't think that would be the cause of your leaking though. It will cause pressure on the tank frame though because the tube can't screw into the coil dead straight. This might cause leaks. The guys at my vape shop have an ultrasonic cleaning machine. They put my Subtank Nano in there and cleaned it when it stopped performing right. I took it all apart and made sure it was good and clean, swapped out the old gaskets (even though it wasn't leaking) put in a new coil and it works like a new machine now. It looks like it's been through a war though. The black paint is scratched of all over because it's so old.

VU Sponsors