Become a Patron!

Kanthal quad twisted

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Total 4 strands.
2 strands twisted, then twisted opposite direction for a fatty thick coil
3.2mm 11 wraps. Should work nicely in a single coil mode on the limitless plus with its super wide air flow

3e255436afa1e5724fe6a8bbb9e316e7.jpg

Hi CashNVape,

I bet it tastes great. The other day I sat playing around with a n incredible length of Kathal 26G and managed to make a lovely, neat quad coil (No drill!) - Looks like yours is a bit irregular, I just wondered how you did it? Personally I made sure my wire was under constant strain as I was winding it and all four wires were parallel from the offset....

Before I get started, I have to mention, I don't have any decent equipment so it's possible without:

If it helps, I looped the wire so it was at even lengths around a metal rod which I held under both feet (stood up). The other ends of the wire were twisted together (initially) around my jig (another metal rod) in my left hand which was keeping the wire nice and taut. I just kept twisting the jig in my right hand until I couldn't really twist it any more and then when the wire snapped from the jig it held.

Rudimentary, I know, but as I'm using the Limitless Plus RDTA, I have enough space on the deck for my 11 wraps clocking in at 0.3 Ohms. It gives a nice warm smoke and although my LG HG2 batteries in my RX200 are capable of 20A continuous and 30A pulsed, I still only use 66W on pulse when it's heated up properly.

File_001.jpeg

If you do give it another try, let me know how it goes...

I still can't believe how beautiful it looks!

Happy Vaping - Peace!

File_000.jpeg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Op what are your ohms at? I run a griffin mostly but might break out my original limitless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Op what are your ohms at? I run a griffin mostly but might break out my original limitless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't remember, if it's 85w, reverse the math. def was sub probably around .15ohm

VU Sponsors