Become a Patron!

Kayfun Mini V2.1

Hey All

Looking to get my first rebuild-able. Has anyone tried the kayfun mini ?

I currently use a kanger t3s and a evod single coil, with a standard battery. It gives me decent vapor.

I've got a vamo v5 with aerotanks and protanks but never had much luck with them. I've tried multiple different coils but i always seem to get better vapor with the ts3 and a standard battery. I've also tried them with my coolfire and i still fail.

Anyway i was looking at the kayfun light as its a decent size to carry around at work.

Would it be similar to the t3s but just a rebuild-able coil ? Would it work with a standard kanger evod battery ? Or would i need something adjustable ?

I run 70/30 pg/vg - what size wire would you recommend ? And cotton buds or silica ?

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning Dave,

Do you know that the Mini and the Lite are not the same thing?
The Mini is about the same diameter as an evod, and half again as long.
The Lite is a full sized RBA (22ish mm); about the same diameter as your Vamo.

My wife and I have several full sized Kayfun style RBAs, and we have no trouble making them work. That doesn't make me an expert by any means, nor will I ever claim to be an expert on RBAs in general, but I have at least a fair grasp of the essentials.

That said, IMO, the Kayfun mini is a PITA and not really suitable as your first RBA. Coil building isn't that big of a deal, but getting them to wick and feed correctly is a whole different matter. I can't tell you how to do that, because I've had a pair of Kayfun Minis for a couple of months now and have yet to get them working properly... Frustrating to say the least.

If you decide to go ahead with one, keep your coil at 1.8ish or above, and use 32ga or 30ga wire. The smaller eGo stick batteries will do OK with that setup, but you'd really be pushing them if you tried to drop to a lower resistance.

Have you tried rebuilding your protank or evod coils? If not, look into it and give it a shot. I found that by rebuilding with 32ga wire and cotton, the flavor and vapor production went way up.

Also, if this is the start of your rebuilding career (do you already own a dripper or two?), get a dedicated resistance meter. I used a multimeter for a long while with great success, but that makes things harder than they need to be. The meter box was only $15, and it was worth every penny.

I suppose that's long enough, but I would like to make a final suggestion. Get a full size Kayfun for your Vamo. You will not regret the purchase! My latest was a Black Edition v3; I'm very happy with it and will likely by another pair or three before it's all said and done.

Good luck!

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use a kayfun mini with an ego battery every day at work. Works on all my ego style batteries without a problem. I love my 2 kayfun minis.

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you do get the Kayfun Mini get the Ivogo. I have never had any trouble with wicking on mine and I have 3 of them. It is in how you wick the coils for the most part. If you arent experienced at building coils the larger Kayfun would be best to start with as it is much more forgiving.. The mini is made by 2 companies. Tobeco and Ivogo.. I have both and prefer the Ivogo. Have 2 of them. The black and the SS versions. I love mine. They can be a little finiky but they are more pocket friendly at work for sure.. I would suggest also as the last poster to try out the reg Kayfun 3.1 or the Kayfun lite + first.. If getting the mini I would suggest 30 g wire if using on ego or the like.. Build coils for about 1.5-1.7 if using on a ego batt vv or evod,

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good point Doots. Mine are both Tobeco. I've been swearing I'm done buying anything other than full sized Kayfun style RBAs, but maybe I should make an exception and try the Ivogo. You know, just this one time... :D

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the Ivogo and have had no trouble with it. I use a micro coil and cotton or rayon. The cheaper Tobeco's weren't generally available when I bought it. It's pretty versatile as it can be different lengths or a dripper to suit. I tend to use it in extended mode on a "sticker". That's a base that the atty and battery screw into that allows you to use them side-by-side. Half as long, twice as wide. Don't know if there is a US vendor for the sticker but Fasttech has several versions for $5-6.

VU Sponsors