Become a Patron!

Kayfun v5. Questions.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not new to Vaping but new to the Kayfun. I've heard soo much about it all good. Just ordered v5 because of the air flow. I started on the nautilus mini but from there.....tanks ...rda..rta....rdta. Well. Kinda wanna get back to the beginning.. I love flavor and think I lost it in the clouds an air flow. That's why I got one in the mail now. Being a 3mg vaper will I need to up my nic on the KF5? And what watts is the new one running at generally I see pics of Claptons all the time in there?

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well being a Mtl. Thought it would be very low. Like under 30w? Or so?

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You may need to bump the nic up. I vape clowdz at 3mg and the v5 at 8mg. I run the v5 around 30w, 430 tc simple coil build. I really like the v5. I also keep the airflow ring in the up position for a slightly tighter airflow.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figured I might need to switch it up. Reg. Tanks I was a 6 mg. rta,rda,rta, went to a 3mg. Wondering? Is the juice $ gonna drop in this device. The other ones are sending me to the poorhouse.

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You will love the Kayfun 5, no leaks,good mtl or restricted lung hitters tank. Its so easy to build,wick and nice juice flow control. I bought 1 to test and now own 5. Love it :)

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How much wattage really depends on the coil and how warm you like your vape. While it has more airflow than previous Kayfuns it's a loose MTL or restricted LH at it's wide open setting so if you get too aggressive it might get warmer than you like. It will accept some clapton wire if it's not too thick and it has a peek insulator so that's not an issue. How large a gauge clapton I can't say as I'm not really a clapton (coil) fan. I run mine with a simple SS open coil at about .6 to .7 and 20W - 400 degrees in TC and it gives great taste.

Last edited:

Whirlwind

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I MTL only and on the Kayfun v5 .73 SS coil simple build 10 watts all day long.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wondering? Is the juice $ gonna drop in this device.
It should drop juice consumption considerably depending on your watts and build if you run it for a mtl. Even if you use it for the restricted DL it should still be much easier on the juice.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
When I MTL vape I use 12MG, tried it with 3mg but was filling my tank 4 or 5 times a day instead of once a day

Whirlwind

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I find i need less nicotine in the v5 .I only MTL and my other tanks i use between 15 mg and 12 mg.With the Kayfun i use 8 mg.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You will love the Kayfun 5, no leaks,good mtl or restricted lung hitters tank. Its so easy to build,wick and nice juice flow control. I bought 1 to test and now own 5. Love it :)
Got it in the mail. I can't wait. I own some crazy stuff. Went from cigs. To a very Mtl with the nautilus mini for like a month or so. Went sub ohm tank,rda,rta. The Kayfun name will go down in the history of on of the best Devices that changed Vaping. Wanna check out the Kayfun v5. I really think I'm gonna love it. Back to flavor. Not worried about clouds.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might try for a 6mg. with it but I'm not sure I want to. I was a 6mg with all / sub stuff. Recently tried 3 gm. A few times. I found the best way to kick the nic. Is to put one tank in 3mg, one in 6mg. If you have many devices like I do just 1/1 all your tanks /rtas/ect. Make 2 of them 3mg. 2 of them 6mg. Ect. Eventually you will find that you will like the 3mg. Juices better. The flavor is great. I enjoy it much better as a 3ml as a former 20 year smoker....it is working for me. I think I'll still vape at .0 nic.

Scribb|e

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've also found myself going 'back to basics' and returning to the MTL, flavour-chasing tanks after I've done the rounds of the dual-coil,'Big Air', SubOhm ones.

I'm currently loving the Taifun GT2 v2 and the Kayfun v3+ that I got recently, and have a Flash-e-Vape v3 on the way, too - I also want to get a Kayfun v5 and a Rose v2 or v3 when funds allow.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The V5 is nice. I have 2 setups running the same juice at the same mg right now. The Kayfun 5 at 30 watts, and the Fog Zombie on a mech at roughly 100 watts. I run 6 mg either way. I guess if you are really sensitive to the nic than you might need to change, but I roll the same level in all of my device unless they don't have 6 in a juice I want, then I get 3. I can't handle 12 anymore though, that's for sure.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Im at zero nic and have been for almost a year now. I got 2 of the kf5 on release day and have been using the same builds since day one, fused Clapton SS at 0.5ohm and 30/35w
I use the same build in the hurricane Junior for similar results
A perfect restricted dl vape for me

For Mtl I use either the hurricane 1.3 or the kayfun v3 mini both with single coil 26g builds

I find the hurricane series to be a more saturated flavor and really put out a stronger flavor for fruitier vapes. But the kayfun seems to excell with pastries and tobaccos- the more savory flavors.

- at least that's what I seem to get
When I got off the nic, I backed down from all the bigger airflow powerhouse tanks and went to a more single coil, less power demanding vape style. If I want to bump it all up I have plenty of rdas to play with, the tanks just seem to work better for me as a grab it and forget it thing for all day.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've also found myself going 'back to basics' and returning to the MTL, flavour-chasing tanks after I've done the rounds of the dual-coil,'Big Air', SubOhm ones.

I'm currently loving the Taifun GT2 v2 and the Kayfun v3+ that I got recently, and have a Flash-e-Vape v3 on the way, too - I also want to get a Kayfun v5 and a Rose v2 or v3 when funds allow.

Just got my Kayfun 5 tonight ..... I have never vaped anything so good in my life! It what I've always wanted in a vape. It's a very relaxing vape. Unlike drippers and other tanks it seems effortless to inhale the vapor. It is now my favorite rta. You will not be disappointed if you get one.

VU Sponsors