Become a Patron!

Kbox Mini 510 connector

sleepyi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Kbox Mini box mod's 510 connector slides down when I put on any RDA and I have to open it up and push up that pin as it is not a spring loaded or floating pin. So I semi-retired it by only having the Subtank Mini sitting on it.

I been thinking about the Kbox mini more and more lately and have been wondering if anyone else has thought about, or already have done, modding or replacing the 510 connector? Maybe with a varitube 510?

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've THOUGHT, but I won't act on that thought until (if) my 510 pin goes wonky.

My biggest concern would be that changing the pin would somehow make the ohmmeter take false/faulty readings and that would make it not fire correctly or at the right voltage for resistance.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
My Kbox Mini box mod's 510 connector slides down when I put on any RDA and I have to open it up and push up that pin as it is not a spring loaded or floating pin. So I semi-retired it by only having the Subtank Mini sitting on it.

I been thinking about the Kbox mini more and more lately and have been wondering if anyone else has thought about, or already have done, modding or replacing the 510 connector? Maybe with a varitube 510?
If you have a tiny o-ring, you may be able to prolong the life of the mod by putting it underneath the 510 pin. It's an old trick from back in the day that works pretty well for stabilizing the pin, and it has the additional benefit of helping to prevent juice leaks from getting down into the mod.

phatdaddynxn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
O-ring trick really works well. It also does wonders for a leaky 510

sleepyi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ooh, o-ring idea sounds good [:

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Word. Gonna rifle through my random crap catcher for an o-ring!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors