Become a Patron!

Kicked smokes but can't kick chew

jonkirkover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The vape helped me quit smokes but I still chew and vape like I still have urge to chew need help the vape doesn't kill my urge to chew but it did kill urge to smoke

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Jon, Welcome to VU, What strength nic juice are you using and with what vaping gear?

jonkirkover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Stated at 18 I'm down to 3 I'm running a hellboy clone rda with smok m80 pluse box

jonkirkover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I have try that because I get them at lest once a day but I can't stand smell of smokes now tho lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd say what Whiskey said. Keep a bottle of 6mg for when the urge hits ya.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lower lip chew, honestly I have not had a dip in 20 years and still get that urge for the lump.
The snus was not as bad to kick from the upper lip I still grab a prilla now and again but no where NEAR the chew urge. (I should mention I bought a can of cope when I ran out of my swede stuff.. I cracked the can and vomited without it coming close to my mouth.)

But will enjoy a chunk of twist now and again and a pinch of snuff when the nic craving will get to bad.

jonkirkover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks everyone and bignasty I'm bottom lip chew grizzly dark wintergreen was my choice of chew but I plan on beating the chew it's just supper hard also tried gum it's not the same because it doesn't have that tingling filling in my lip

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's part psychological and part physiological. The nic in dip is absorbed in to your bloodstream via the tissues of your mouth, and quite quickly too. The psychological aspect is the flavor, plus the tingle (your brain likes what it perceives as pleasure leading to satisfying an urge), and having something in your lower lip (oral fixation). Try this: Get a tin of mint dip (non tobacco) and use it when the urge to dip strikes, plus take a few toots from your vape at a higher nic level, use mint or menthol eliquid. Do this until you feel you can slowly stop dipping.

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been back and forth between Griz Wintergreen Wide Cut and vaping for almost 2 years now... I went almost 2 months without a dip, then fell back into it for like 6, and have been on and off since then... the past 4 or so months tho, I've had less than a can total... I'll still get in that one state of mind in that one place that I just can't resist a dip... Mainly when I'm drunk and at a party or something of the sorts... Or when I go on a long drive... Long drives are the worst for me to not have a dip in...

As far as what can be done to stop the itch... well, I honestly don't know since I haven't done it myself completely lol... Just letting you know you're not the only one...

However, I will say that I firmly believe it's just mind over matter as I can go days without even thinking about a dip, but then I'll have to drive for like an hour or so and crave one hardcore... I would ALWAYS have a dip in when I was driving... every time I got in my truck, bam threw a dip in... it's hard to get out of that routine now... I also liked to use dip as a way to slow my alcohol intake as I did not like to drink with a dip in. I'd feel a nice buzz comin on with a long night left ahead of me and I'd throw a dip in... when I was tired of that dip, I would drink until I had a nice buzz and repeat... again, routine...

jonkirkover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Were can I find that mint dip that's non tobaco and that's my thing were I work I chew since we only get break to smoke every 2 houres and that's only time I can vape since I got reported by a customer for vapeing behind the register

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Were can I find that mint dip that's non tobaco and that's my thing were I work I chew since we only get break to smoke every 2 houres and that's only time I can vape since I got reported by a customer for vapeing behind the register
Try a brand called "Smokey Mountain", it reminds me of a thick cut dip texture. It will taste like a wintergreen or spearmint tea (tea flavor packs a punch so its rough like dip). It gives you the tingle sensation and you can spit it.w

http://www.amazon.com/Smokey-Mountain-Snuff-Cans-Wintergreen/dp/B00A3NPEUA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1442533774&sr=8-4&keywords=Smokey+mountain

JahmezOkieDokie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks everyone and bignasty I'm bottom lip chew grizzly dark wintergreen was my choice of chew but I plan on beating the chew it's just supper hard also tried gum it's not the same because it doesn't have that tingling filling in my lip
You need something with some ment in it then. Spearmint or wintergreen or something similar.

VU Sponsors