Become a Patron!

Kind of new to building need your opinion.

Hello I've been building coils for all my rdas for a couple months I got a velocity rda clone. I used some 24 guage kanthal and wrapped a parallel 6 wrap dual coil setup and wicked it with organic cotton.
5a0f22867b439bbe286326767866a2e8.jpg

running ipv3 li @85 watts
0f894efb26b9869c725c4f38a81664af.jpg

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks good to me.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's that ohm out to? I'm guessing your diameter is in the realm of 2.5mm-3mm. Even at 3mm, I gotta assume that it's well below .15! Dunno why you'd wanna run that low. I suppose you can on that IPV (the IPV3 to be exact, correct?) I just think it's excessive.

I suppose it all comes down to preference, but at full power, that's gotta be a scorching vape. Either that, or it's being under-powered to keep it manageable, in which case, there's probably a more energy-efficient way to get a similar vape. You don't need to build that low to use every bit of that 150w.

Other than that, everything looks good, though misaligned parallels bug me. After I get a pair of parallels squished and pretty much where I want them, I like to stick the bit I wrapped em on back through them and pull outwards to make em nice and flush before making the final adjustments, though I find it's not often nessesary if I use pliers to pull the slack out of each individual lead before I take them off of the bit and mount them. If one lead is slack when you mount them, then that slack will always have to go somewhere.

It was just the first 24g parallel build I did and I do like sub ohms man like .2 and .3 seem to be where I'm happy. It's reading a .15 on my ipv3 li. I have to run it at like 75 watts for a not half bad ramp up and good flavor. But pump it up to 120 watts open all the air on the velocity and it chucks pretty good.

It was just the first 24g parallel build I did and I do like sub ohms man like .2 and .3 seem to be where I'm happy. It's reading a .15 on my ipv3 li. I have to run it at like 75 watts for a not half bad ramp up and good flavor. But pump it up to 120 watts open all the air on the velocity and it chucks pretty good.
Thats the exact build i have in my alliance on my ipv3 li. I run it at 75w and idk it just works for me. Its a nice warm vape that has good flavor and vapor production. I build others on my freakshow and stro but always find myself going back to that build.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But thank you for the input I was trying to get them lined up but just said f**k it haha.
Ahahah, fair enough. To be completely honest, for me, 10-30 minutes pass from crimping the wire, to having wrapped, mounted and centered coils. I find that if you're patient and meticulous enough with the whole process before pulsing, it's easy to consistently do perfect parallel builds without having to try and pulse/muscle them into being pretty. By the time I actually start pulsing em, they're pretty much finished. I pretty much pulse once for each to lock them in. Squeeze and hold, pulse a couple of times without squeezing, and you're done...

...I use a coil master for a mandrel though. I don't think it's cheating because I still wrap them by hand - I don't use the top part that guides the wire as you turn. No even sure if that would wok. The base just makes it easier to hold the starting leads in place, both when wrapping and pulling out the slack. I also find that on 4-post atties, the kink formed where the wire feeds through makes it easy to perfectly center-mount. The graduated sections on the rod pieces helps with torquing, centering and positioning, too.

I still don't see how that's a .15, unless you're wrapping on something that's over 3mm wide, but THAT I can appreciate. I often run .16 dual 22's in a troll, myself. It's a comfortably-warm, flavorful vape and it chucks like I did the first time I drank 151. I run that on a mech, so it's running at about 110w on a fresh battery. It's a great vape!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors