Koh Gen Do VS Muji

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am wondering if anyone has tried both these kinds of japanese cotton and can tell me whats the difference or which is better. I have been buying koh gen do but the place i get it from has muji now for cheaper and more pads. koh gen do $22 for 80 pads & muji is $16 for 140 pads. ( Canadian prices ). should i try muji seems like better deal if its same stuff?

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're basically interchangeable. Muji is great! Bear in mind that the pads are smaller than KGD, though. It might not be that much of a deal.

But I gotta say, those prices are crazy! I'm guessing you're buying domestically. If you can hold-out for the 3-4 weeks it takes coming from Japan, then you can get 140 pads of muji for $7 on amazon. That's the way to go if you're trying to save money on cotton.

There's always Puff, which you can get 400 pads of for $11. The quality isn't quiiite as good, but I used it for well over a year. It doesn't have any taste and it wicks pretty well. It just isn't as soft or fluffy and the pads are thinned.

VU Sponsors