Become a Patron!

Koh Gen Do

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where is a good place to buy some of this japanese cotton, I don't want to buy a lot to just try it out, I made that mistake with rayon, bought 10 feet and didn't like it, but didn't cost much. I did find hopesliquids selling japanese cotton, but $6 for 5 sheets, so thought ask her to see if any better suggestions to get a small amount at a reasonable price.

Right now I use organic cotton and quite happy with it, but keep seeing this Koh Gen Do mentioned, so out of curiosity, want to give it a go.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Amazon sells japanese cotton. It doesn't need to be the koh gen doh, I have the ...well I would tell you but it's in japanese

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I grabbed a good size pack of Shiseido cotton pads from Amazon months back for about 12 bucks. Will take me years to use so much so have been giving away to my vaping coworkers. Which reminds me, we have a new guy that vapes so need to set him up with some tomorrow.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Joe pimped a deal where a site would send you a sample for 2$ .. but I don't remember the site name... try looking through his deals/steals or searching his vaporjoes.com

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Check skincare/makeup stores.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've just ordered some, so I will report back with what I think of it when I got it, damn good deal to try it out, as also free shipping :)

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the Cotton Labo Japanese organic from Amazon. $10.10 (free shipping) for 200 pads. Best wicking material I've used. I ordered 08/11 and got it from Japan 08/28. Now to find a use for nearly 500ft of CelluCotton.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So got my japanese cotton pads from vapor shark today, tried it out on my magma dripper, I would say the flavor is cleaner than normal organic cotton, but not a huge difference for me to rush out and buy a bigger supply, be interested to try in a tank like the fogger to see how it performs, right now just not sold on it for the extra money over my CVS organic cotton.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using Japanese cotton for a while, @VapingJunkie sent me some rayon to try, I have to say I think its as good or better than the Japanese cotton. I find both Japanese cotton and rayon wick better than organic cotton.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. I'm looking forward to getting mine. I've been using the same wicking material for over a year and I'm quite looking forward to trying something new. I've ordered mine from japan. So it'll be a while before I can know.

PT Rampy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are a lot of US based stores that carry it, right now the price is about $12 for a box of 60. Just do a web search for Koh Gen Do...and there is a difference between this and other supposed Japanese Organic Cotton.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a lot of US based stores that carry it, right now the price is about $12 for a box of 60. Just do a web search for Koh Gen Do...and there is a difference between this and other supposed Japanese Organic Cotton.
mine arrived a few days ago. i thought it was coming from japan but it says it came from kogacotton.com Lancaster NY

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do prefer the japanese cotton over normal organic cotton, does seem to be better flavor and wick better, not using it in everything yet, as only have 5 squares till my order comes from Japan, but when that turns up, then be switching to just the japanese cotton for all my builds, I did get the 200 for $10 as Zamazam posted above about.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i got some shiseido from sephora in jc penny, its pretty good but i dont think it beats a nicely unrolled organic cotton ball

Absintheur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have tried both the KGD and the Cotton Bacon...can't tell the difference. The Cotton Bacon is just as clean and you get quite a bit for 6 bucks.

LaurenG823

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Amazon has the 200 count bag for around $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Second buying the Sheseido from Sephora. I think it was $9.50 for the bag. That's half the price of KGD.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the Cotton Labo Japanese organic from Amazon. $10.10 (free shipping) for 200 pads. Best wicking material I've used. I ordered 08/11 and got it from Japan 08/28. Now to find a use for nearly 500ft of CelluCotton.
I gave away 3' samples on here and 2 Facebook groups. Got rid of 100' that way. Then just pifed 300' to someone on here who said he'd pif to Vapers he knew. The 50' or so I have left will last a long time .I am a RTA Guy- Gennies, a Russian and soon a Dig Dripper Clone. I use Japanese cotton also.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gave away 3' samples on here and 2 Facebook groups. Got rid of 100' that way. Then just pifed 300' to someone on here who said he'd pif to Vapers he knew. The 50' or so I have left will last a long time .I am a RTA Guy- Gennies, a Russian and soon a Dig Dripper Clone. I use Japanese cotton also.
I bought 3 packs of the Japanese cotton and it's really convenient to work with. Long story, but I was easily able to slip it out of one coil (whilst juiced up) and slip into another. So it's also more than just about taste.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup. Taste. Convenience. Space.
Someone I know will want it for wicking - or for their hairdresser wife or girlfriend. There is always Christmas coming. Might look good on the tree or as a window treatment. :)

VU Sponsors