Become a Patron!

Koopor Plus not firing

Grimnir

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey,

This morning when I took the batteries out of my charger and put them into the mod, it wasnt firing. The watts and ohms are displayed properly, but when I try to fire it it always shows 0.00V. I've tried going through the settings but with no result.

Has anyone experienced this issue or could offer some advice in solving it ?

Grattitude.

Grimnir

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im using a Subtank mini v2, 0.7ohm coils and Velocity with dual coils at around 0.3ohm.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried putting in a different coil, you may have a bad coil???

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hoping someone else with experience with that mod can post here for you, I'll also move the thread to another area to help you.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well mine is a pita with the fire button, it takes a good push sometimes to get it to engage since it has 2 ways of engaging - fire and menu
so make sure you are pressing good and firm all teh way in
but with it saying 0 volts leads me to suspect an issue with your batteries or atty
try different batteries
test the batteries in a different mod
check the connection for dirt etc

if thats not the case
clean the 510 connection

test the atty on a different mod

Grimnir

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont have another mod to test the atty, but it's a bit wierd that both attys wont function on the same mod. I also switched the batteries, but the same problem occured. I cleaned the 510 connection. I would suspect there maybe something wrong with the chip or soft ?

One thing that I forgot to mention and might be important. When I press the fire button, the timer works ( the thing that counts the seconds ).

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
That sounds suspiciously like you *may* have a problem with the board in the mod. When you cleaned the 510, did you clean both the atty AND the mod connectors? Is there any chance that the 510 center pin is not making full contact with the atty? You can try pulling out the batteries, and then "lifting" the 510 center pin with a paperclip or small screwdriver, just to see if you can get it to make a better connection. If you have a friend that vapes, I would try your atty on their mod, just to confirm that the atty is working as expected. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas at the moment.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking the fire button isn't making contact at all, otherwise you'd be getting a "check atomizer" message of some sort.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I'm thinking the fire button isn't making contact at all, otherwise you'd be getting a "check atomizer" message of some sort.
If the fire button specifically was the problem, he wouldn't be able to get into the menu or settings. He also said that the counter is working when he pushes the button. Not really sure what it is, but the button does seem to be working, at least in some sense of the word. I'm really starting to believe it's a problem with the board itself.

Grimnir

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried both the attys on a different mod and they are working. If there is a problem with the board itself, what options do I have ?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I hate to say it, but if the board is the problem, then I would recommend you just go buy something else locally. Once you have a replacement, then I would try working through Smok's customer service to see if they are willing to do anything for you. Good Luck!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so you tried your attys on a different mod
but did you try different attys?
did you try the suggestion of gently pulling up the 510 connection on the koopor?
Ill admit, with what your describing the problem sounds weird, probably the board But try to eliminate EVERYTHING else before throwing in the towel

I once had on my d2 a piece of dirt fall under the flat part of the 510 connector and i thought the mod was trashed
but when i tried pulling the 510 connector up a hair
i noticed the piece of dirt and got it out, and its been fine since,

also try this

turn the device off
remove any atty
turn device on
make sure you are in WATT mode
set watts at say 20-50ish just nothing insanely high
press fire button and hold for 2 seconds
you should get check atomizer on the screen if you do thats a good sign
if so then reattach atty,
when you press fire button it should ask IS THIS A NEW COIL.....if not repeat from beginning
is so press the button closet to the screen for YES

and try again

Grimnir

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the suggestions mattp169.

I've tried your suggestion over and over again today. The only thing I havent tried is lifting the pin up, since I dont know how that should be done.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the suggestions mattp169.

I've tried your suggestion over and over again today. The only thing I havent tried is lifting the pin up, since I dont know how that should be done.
its simple
look at the connector
theres a flat piece of metal
its attached to a spring
so get a tiny tiny screw driver or tooth pick
slide in between the threading and the flat metal piece
and get under it and jut gently gently gently pull it up a HAIR, That piece of metal is attached to a wire, so remove batteries and be GENTLE

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had this issue, the fix is simple
Take mod battery door off, remove batteries and throw mod in trash, buy new mod and install batteries

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I had this issue, the fix is simple
Take mod battery door off, remove batteries and throw mod in trash, buy new mod and install batteries

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
LOL! Now that is funny, not very helpful, but funny!

VU Sponsors