40 shipped wouldn't be bad.... ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But yours was likely a Christmas sale. I doubt they'll be that low again for awhile.
But if he'd do 35, hey.....no argument from me....lol!

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got mine and so far I like it. I accidentally put it stealth mode, too. ej1024, why do you want to sell yours?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got mine and so far I like it. I accidentally put it stealth mode, too. ej1024, why do you want to sell yours?
Cuz I knew Teresa p will buy it
That's my reason...

VAPE ON

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Blue, just like yours. :D

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok
i keep trying SS TC
and im having no luck
now
it could be me.

but here is the whole story

1 i have NOT tried any prebuilt coils in TC
Im using a 2mm ID 28g dual coil 10 wrap 316L SS coil build in my crius. Its at like .5 ohms

In power mode its fine
no issues.

But whenever i switch to SS TC dual coil mode with the TCR set to 88 which is what 316l is acording to steam engine. I get nothing but dry hits

fill the tank
2 hits later, dry hit, dry hit dry hit.

I have no clue if its the koopor or my build since this is the only mod I got that can do SS TC.

so any thoughts fellow koopor plus owners

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok
i keep trying SS TC
and im having no luck
now
it could be me.

Im using a 2mm ID 28g dual coil 10 wrap 316L SS coil build in my crius. Its at like .5 ohms

In power mode its fine
no issues.

But whenever i switch to SS TC dual coil mode with the TCR set to 88 which is what 316l is acording to steam engine. I get nothing but dry hits

fill the tank

I have no clue if its the koopor or my build since this is the only mod I got that can do SS TC.

I do not build. I'm just using prebuilt crown .25 coils. They work fine on both the evic mini and the Koopor Plus in standard 316 SS mode.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok
i keep trying SS TC
and im having no luck
now
it could be me.

In power mode its fine
no issues.

fill the tank

I thought the TCR is 92 for 316L... I've also read 74. I have mine set to 92. Make sure your coils are at room temperature and that the Koopor is displaying the correct ohms. I also check the initial resistance under the gear icon/ coil icon (should be what the coil's resistance is at room temp, I think). Also make sure you've reset if you've had another tank prior to your Crius (remove tank, hit the fire button until "Check Atomizer" displays, then install tank and choose yes to new coil) I get dry hits on my Bellus if have it set to "Hard" or "Max". I can only get 30-32 watts in power mode... but I'm new to the Bellus, too, so I imagine the build is less than ideal. I'm still very new to TC, too.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just set mine to 88 and I don't know that I can tell a difference.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Someone told me that the standard preset for SS 316L on the evic is higher than the usual suggested 92. It's upwards of 105 but I can't recall who told me offhand or what the exact number was. If I wade through posts I may be able to find it eventually. The same may be true for the Koopor Plus.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Someone told me that the standard preset for SS 316L on the evic is higher than the usual suggested 92. It's upwards of 105 but I can't recall who told me offhand or what the exact number was. If I wade through posts I may be able to find it eventually. The same may be true for the Koopor Plus.
Ok, it was CorallineAlgae who told me that the 316 SS preset for 316L on the evic mini is around 145. Much higher than the standard suggestion of 92. I found that using 92 didn't do a thing for me. The preset worked much better. I'm not sure what the preset for SS on the Koopor Plus is, but it seems to work great for me with the prebuilt crowns, so it may well be higher too. I have no clue about coils that you build. I imagine that it does vary widely. Maybe try slowly raising your TCR until you get a result you like.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On my Koopor Plus, I have a Bellus with dual 26 Ga SS 316, 2.5mm ID coils.

This is my first run with TC, so far only using SS. I don't know how I feel about it. I definitely like SS over Kanthal but SS seems to work well in power mode. TC mode seems to work, although I've had to play with the TCR range, with 94 - 105 being best, I think (I did go up to 145 and that was a mistake), but I don't think I like it when temp protect kicks in, and the vape cools down, then warms up, cools down, warms up, on and on. In TC mode, I do get a long vape without burning but I honestly think I like the same setup in power mode, 40 watts - I get a warm, consistent vape, no dry hits. So far I'm with ej1024 . I might try titanium, later.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tchthsky I said it before, TC mode for me is a gimmick, the dry hits conversation ain't valid... I don't get any dry hits VAPING 60 watts NICHROME 22g 5/6 wraps on my MUTANK 3-5 sec draw, TC mode takes away the true art of VAPING...
For example
How will you know if ur RDA/RTA is wicking right?
Just because u don't get a dry hit with TC mode it doesn't mean ur coils are ok, u end up VAPING shit, but hey NO DRY HITS...
IMO
This is a KOOPOR PLUS THREAD...

VAPE ON

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tchthsky I said it before, TC mode for me is a gimmick, the dry hits conversation ain't valid... I don't get any dry hits VAPING 60 watts NICHROME 22g 5/6 wraps on my MUTANK 3-5 sec draw, TC mode takes away the true art of VAPING...
For example
How will you know if ur RDA/RTA is wicking right?
Just because u don't get a dry hit with TC mode it doesn't mean ur coils are ok, u end up VAPING shit, but hey NO DRY HITS...
IMO
This is a KOOPOR PLUS THREAD...

VAPE ON

That's one of the things I was thinking - is my coil/wick wicking properly? How would I know? When I put the Koopor in power mode, I was able to set a happy 40 watts, no problems. I feel like I could probably bump up to 50. That's satisfying to me, actually. I feel like I'm missing something with TC. The whole reason I got the Koopor was price, TC, and TCR adjustment. Nonetheless, I still love it in power mode.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's one of the things I was thinking - is my coil/wick wicking properly? How would I know? When I put the Koopor in power mode, I was able to set a happy 40 watts, no problems. I feel like I could probably bump up to 50. That's satisfying to me, actually. I feel like I'm missing something with TC. The whole reason I got the Koopor was price, TC, and TCR adjustment. Nonetheless, I still love it in power mode.
Yeah man, u get what I'm saying,
I parted ways with my Koopor, sold it to Teresa p, the Koopor is very well built machine,it's solid,options, you can't go wrong with this mod and the price wow...

VAPE ON

brassic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I walked into one of my local vape shops here in Calgary Digital Imports with full thought of buying myself the eVic Cuboid, walked out with this monster and honestly I'm loving it so far. I've only used it for about 4hrs so far but for the four hours I've used it this thing is magic and I am enjoying everything about it. I can say I must of lucked out since my battery cover doesn't come off the strength of which it is attached is probably somewhere close to the kung-fu grip of Bruce Lee. I never have used a nice box mod I originally had some ghetto pen setup with a kanger tank on it and well bought shit juice and just was a very lack luster event in general, so moving to this unit holy shit talk about knocking my socks off. Now sadly I wanted the Griffin RTA because I am a nerd and think building your own coils has to be the neatest thing in the world but as I said sadly they were out of that RTA. After speaking with one of the sales guys he mentioned the tank is coming in on friday.......guess I'm going back on Friday needless to say. Must ask if anyone has a Griffin and uses it on this mod I'd love to hear your review on it since well dammit I don't know I want a fricken review just entertain me. I ended up having to pick up the Aspire Cleito since I had to use this mod and couldn't wait two days for the RTA, I'm in power mode at about 45W on the .4Ω prebuilt although it reads at .38Ω which really isn't anything and I can say the flavor and clouds I get are amazing. Bought two flavors of juice also one being ANML Looper and well if it isn't like smoking Trix for kids.......adults, the other is Decoded Big Foot Mini Donuts and holy shit is that the best flavor I've ever had. I'm not sure if anyone here is from Calgary or just have had those Mini Donuts at the Calgary Stampede or at any other fair in your local area that have cinnamon and sugar on them well that is Big Foot.

Well that was much longer then I wanted to type just to say hello to my fellow Koopor Plus family.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might have to just break down and put batteries in mine. I've had it a few weeks and have not fired it up yet. Been enjoying my cuboid.

HD

brassic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hahah I'm sure I'd probably be the same way, the Cuboid looks like a great mod and I would probably be enjoying that also. Now for myself I only have one so it isn't like I am ignoring one like my red headed step-child. Although give it time and I'll probably have a wall full of illegitimate love children all seeking my attention lol.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know both of mine have the strongest magnets I've ever seen in my life. If I sit one down too close to any other mod, or anything metal for that matter, it only takes a second to hear a "clink," and something is stuck to it....ha!

brassic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know both of mine have the strongest magnets I've ever seen in my life. If I sit one down too close to any other mod, or anything metal for that matter, it only takes a second to hear a "clink," and something is stuck to it....ha!

Hahaha I know when I felt the strength of the magnets I was almost worried about putting electronic devices close to it like my phone or anything.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My magnets are weak, but no other issues except the rare occasion it turns off (happened twice since I bought it a couple of months or so ago).

Don't have a Griffin, but the Aromamizer with the velocity deck is great tank and super easy to build, and can easily handle just about any amount of power you throw at it. You just can't mess up a build on it. Out of all of my tanks the aromamizer is the most forgiving and reliable, as far as dry hits go.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love mine (Thanks Disco) It's lighter than the Seawasp by A LOT!!
IMG_20160127_1241506551_zpsck8lgzwe.jpg

I have had (0) issues with it so far

IMG_20160224_1434426831_zpsnapgvxrn.jpg
Mini^^^

Last edited:

brassic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well that's always great to hear. Only one thing about this box that kinda burns my ass just a bit and that is in TC you can only build as low as .08Ω and most of the other mods I was checking out go down to .05Ω. I`ve already checked out http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp and some of the more interesting builds I had planned go to around .06Ω - .07Ω, so I will need to adjust the titanium gauge I was using and the amount of wraps to hit something above .08Ω because I don`t want to be right at the limit.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After 2 months, almost exactly, my koopor plus failed. And I had babied the mod. Occasionally it would turn itself off. Then whenever I press the fire button, it goes through the welcome screen as if batteries were just installed. I let it sit without batteries for a little while, and it worked for half a day. Now it won't stay on. I have an eleaf istick 100 that has never failed, and a Sigelei that I've dropped on the pavement 2 or 3 times and it's still going. Very disappointed but I am getting a store credit.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
wow!
I have dropped mine NUMEROUS TIMES
down the steps, on concrete on hard wood even shattered my crius when I dropped it. And it still rocks and is solid as day 1

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got a koopor less than a month ago and it fired on its own in my pocket. I locked it and it continued to pulse fire for about 2 seconds with about a 3 second delay. I quickly pulled the batteries out and put them back in.it still continued to pulse fire on its own, I even locked it by clicking the fire button Five times, and somehow it continued to do this while locked. I love this mod because it's beefy even though the batteries kind of sucks. But I'm starting to think they are pieces of s*** going to contact the shop I bought it to see what they can do otherwise I will contact the company

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only just noticed this thread, I have had one of these in the collection for quite a while now.

I bought it because it was a cheap, fairly high powered box mod that I could use as a backup (Which is a bit silly with how many mods I have lol).

It doesn't get much use, but I think I will use it today. It actually is a pretty nice mod for the money, just pretty big and heavy. It isn't too bad, comparable to something like a OG Sig150, just heavier. I have the white version. I mostly use this mod in power mode but the TC is fair with its cost.

VU Sponsors