Become a Patron!

Large-Scale Surveys Show That Between 3.2 and 4.3 Million Vapers No Longer Regularly Smoke Cigarette

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not a complete bashing up front, that's nice. It seems to me like a long winded way of saying
vaping is only 23% effective at smoking cessation. Does that number seem low to anyone else,
or does it sound like an accurate number?

The study was funded by Reynolds American Inc, so I do feel compelled to question them.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds maybe a tad low, but probably not out of the ballpark if you include everyone who bought a crappy cigalike at the gas station and ended up tossing it. I also know quite a few folks that do both because they have a specific reason to vape only at certain times (wife won't let me smoke inside, my local bar went smoke free but allow vaping, etc.)

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I quit smoking cigarettes in a day when I started vaping and haven't smoked one since for 1 year this month. You have to be self mentally motivated to quit smoking and not doing it for anyone else except yourself. When you make an excuse that you are doing it for someone or something else you will back slide at some point.

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not a complete bashing up front, that's nice. It seems to me like a long winded way of saying
vaping is only 23% effective at smoking cessation. Does that number seem low to anyone else,

The study was funded by Reynolds American Inc, so I do feel compelled to question them.

That number sounds very low. It was 100% effective for me.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a feeling that very long-term smokers may have more success than shorter-term smokers. I smoked for 40 years, and never even wanted another cigarette from the day I picked up a cigalike. However, I did first get one of those expensive, first-generation ones 4-5 years ago, and it was a joke! I think that when you've smoked for a very long time and had dozens of failed quit efforts, the motivation to quit is probably stronger.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Tobacco control has deemed "dual use" as a BAD thing when it actually is a transitioning period from smoking to vaping.

These Big Pharma commercials on TV say cutting down on smoking or "1 quit for 5 days, just not at once" as a GOOD thing.

But if this happens when vaping is involved they instantly demonize it saying reducing smoking has no health benefits!!

Which one is it? Does drastically reducing your cigarette intake have no health benefits or is it a good thing?

The best thing about this is even the dumbest of dumbasses are starting to figure out that 'public health' is not to be trusted.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Seems like it should be higher than that to me as well

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bottom line is, tobacco companies, pharmaceutical companies and the government are losing money because of vaping. Again it is all about the money.

VU Sponsors