Become a Patron!

LCD glitch Joyetech eVic Basic with CUBIS Pro Mini

so I just finished charging my eVic and it’s currently having some sort of seizure on its LCD screen. It looks like Missing No. and it’s even on when I turn off the battery. I didn’t do anything differently than usual, I just turned it on and it started to freak out. Is it still safe to use? How can I fix it? What’s even happening?

Thanks

Th3_uN1Qu3

Member For 1 Year
Most likely still safe to use, if you can still adjust power blindly you should be OK.

The issue is likely an internal failure of either the OLED screen or the microprocessor that controls the screen, due to overheating of the charging circuit. I have read about this happening with other mods too.

My eVic Primo Mini gets quite hot while charging but the screen has been fine so far - it does have other heat and power-related issues though, due to poor build quality. I bought an eLeaf iStick Power to replace it. Apart from the smaller screen which can't be read while vaping on it due to its shape, it is much better overall, better build, doesn't get hot, and it has a beefy internal battery.

Th3_uN1Qu3

Member For 1 Year
You should try updating the firmware, that will clear whether it is a hardware problem or just a software glitch. If the screen comes back, good for you. If it does not, then it is a hardware issue.

I’m pretty sure it’s a overheating issue as well as a firmware issue. I’ve had it for a while now and it just started overheating and basically boiling my e-juice. So I’ll try to figure that out as well as update it. I’m pretty hopeful.

Th3_uN1Qu3

Member For 1 Year
If you get it working after the update, you should try switching to ArcticFox firmware. It is miles ahead of the stock offering and highly customizable. I run it on both my mods.

VU Sponsors