Become a Patron!

Leakage problem

Got my new setup today, an iStick 30w and Kanger ProTank 3. Unfortunately, after getting it setup tonight, I noticed that there is hardly any airflow (lots of restriction) and also it leaks where the tank and battery connect. When it was reconnected I got a little juice on my tongue when I tried to take a hit (luckily I was gaping 0mg) anyway, what is the best fix for all of these issues? Thanks again!

Larry J

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Or you accidentally got juice down the air tube. I've never had any problem with my PT3s leaking. Make sure everything is snug but not overtightened, including the coil into the base, or it will over-compress the o-rings, causing leakage.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Or you accidentally got juice down the air tube. I've never had any problem with my PT3s leaking. Make sure everything is snug but not overtightened, including the coil into the base, or it will over-compress the o-rings, causing leakage.
+1 most of the time it's over tighteninging.
Regarding the airflow, I bought the optional airflow control valve for all my Kanger ProTanks 2/3, which improved it a lot. The AFC valve replaces the regular bottom part (we're the replaceable coil screws in).
http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-air-flow-control-valve-base-replacements/

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 most of the time it's over tighteninging.
Regarding the airflow, I bought the optional airflow control valve for all my Kanger ProTanks 2/3, which improved it a lot. The AFC valve replaces the regular bottom part (we're the replaceable coil screws in).
http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-air-flow-control-valve-base-replacements/

^^ This.... I didn't know what I was missing til I threw a v3 AFC on my protank. It's super easy to install and I've never had any leaking issues with mine.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
^^ This.... I didn't know what I was missing til I threw a v3 AFC on my protank. It's super easy to install and I've never had any leaking issues with mine.
I didn't know there's a v2/3. When I was using my pt2/3, there was only one.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't know there's a v2/3. When I was using my pt2/3, there was only one.

Yeah I haven't used the PT3 in a while but it was my go to for several months. I used the V1 til the ring broke after a month or so and then got the V3. It's a pretty massive improvement over the V1, easy to adjust and about as wide open as you can get with a Protank on the full airflow. I even found I could bump the power to 4.5-5V and not get burnt hits as long as I gave a good long draw.

VU Sponsors